Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 08-13-2001, 02:46 AM
amuse

Question SVX I want to purchase...

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie to this excellent SVX site/forum. I was introduced to your community via JamSVX...

Anyway, I'm not a SVX owner yet but I could be pretty close. There's one for sale in a local car yard you see...

I've driven it, and really like it, but the asking price is pretty high (AUD$29,900). Today I took some pics of it and uploaded them in my personal locker here =>

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?amuse

It's a white '94 model with about 120,000KLM on the clock. Since it's an Australian version, that means leather/suede interior, sunroof, powered everything, climate control, etc. The transmission has *not* been worked on according to the dealer. The service log is impeccable. Original purchase price was AUD$80,000!

I would love to here some opinions, but you Aussies round here better not buy it before me!

Cheers,
Pete

http://www.mp3.com/petealec
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00027.jpg (183.8 KB, 84 views)
Old 08-13-2001, 02:55 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
You made it!!

Be warned.....the members on this site will descend and twist your mind until you become obsessed with the SVX!

Look what they did to me...and I don't even have an SVX!

Regards

James

BTW, how did you manage to get the photos of the car? We had to hang over a fence (see my locker for the 'demonised canary' as Aredubjay calls it - I love that description!) Oh, I also see that the compliance plate is there - re: our emails about the VIN and build dates

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!

Last edited by Jamsvx; 08-13-2001 at 03:03 AM.
Old 08-13-2001, 08:51 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Looks good to me. If the price is right -- i am not sure about the AUD -- go ahead and get one. Oh. tell the dealer that the front wheels are on backwards.

Have a nice day mate.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 08-13-2001, 09:38 AM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via ICQ to cocacola08 Send a message via AIM to cocacola08 Send a message via Yahoo to cocacola08
was the 240kmph speedo a stock part there? I know in Japan they only went to 180.
Old 08-13-2001, 10:26 AM
oneothefewproud

Quote:
Anyway, I'm not a SVX owner yet but I could be pretty close. There's one for sale in a local car yard you see...
Welcome,

Hope you work out the deal. Note that the left front wheel is on backwards which means of course one of the others was is also.

If you dont find another one on wrong ask why you have 3 right side rims. The left one have a small L by the stem. At least mine does.

Caio
Wayne
Old 08-13-2001, 04:05 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: SVX I want to purchase...

Quote:
Originally posted by amuse
Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie to this excellent SVX site/forum. I was introduced to your community via JamSVX...

I've driven it, and really like it, but the asking price is pretty high (AUD$29,900). Today I took some pics of it and uploaded them in my personal locker here =>

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?amuse

It's a white '94 model with about 120,000KLM on the clock. Since it's an Australian version, that means leather/suede interior, sunroof, powered everything, climate control, etc. The transmission has *not* been worked on according to the dealer. The service log is impeccable. Original purchase price was AUD$80,000!

I would love to here some opinions, but you Aussies round here better not buy it before me!

Cheers,
Pete

http://www.mp3.com/petealec
Pete, welcome to the "asylum." You'll have to bear with me, I'm from KY so, I get all confused when you talk KLM's and AUD's. Of course, I get confused most of the time anyway (the product of a failed lobotomy). I thought KLM was an airline and AUD was the phonetic translation from US to Australian for the word "Odd." Don't mind me -- It's quittin' time here at the office and I'm in "one of those" moods. Anyway, welcome Pete. Hope to see you 'round here with lots of great adventures with your SVX.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 08-13-2001, 04:43 PM
amuse

Re: Re: SVX I want to purchase...

Well, thanks for the response everybody. I hadn't noticed the wheel thing.. I'll check it out.

As for AUD's and KLM's... yes KLM is Royal Dutch Airlines and I should know because I was born and raised in Holland

Anyway 1 Mile = 1.6 Klm (approx)

Also, 1 USD = 2 AUD (approx)

So this car has done about 75,000 miles and the *asking* price is about US$15,000

Now you have to remember, this is a fully optioned version, and that cars are generally more expensive in Oz. I would like to get it for no more than AUD$20,000 (i.e. US$10,000). Maybe I'm just dreaming though.

About the speedometer, I'm pretty sure the Australian model always went up to 240, again this is in Klm/Hr not miles/hr...

Thanks for the input

Cheers,
Pete.
Old 08-13-2001, 07:01 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Okay, now you're speaking my language. I paid way too much for mine, but, it was before I knew anything about the car, and I WANTED IT. I paid just under 9,000.00 USD for a 92 LSL (fully loaded) with 109K, two years ago. We can buy a decent '92 here for around 6,000.00 USD. I really wanted to fly to Texas and get a 94 with 58,000 miles for just under 10,000.00 USD, but, it doesn't look like that's gonna happen. Since cars are a bit more expensive in OZ, if he's asking 15, offer 10 and hope he'll take 12, or, offer 10 and a keg of Fosters and promise not to sneak back to his house and put a Boomslang in his bed.
Subaru Ambassador

Last edited by Aredubjay; 08-14-2001 at 12:34 PM.
Old 08-13-2001, 07:15 PM
Chad

Quote:
Originally posted by Amuse:
You have to remember, this is a fully optioned version, and that cars are generally more expensive in Oz.
I didn't see a switch for the security system on the dash. Does the '94 not come with it, or not in Oz at all?

Old 08-13-2001, 11:23 PM

94 L in the US does not come with the security. It's an option.
both 94 LS and LSi comes witht the factory security.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Old 08-14-2001, 01:20 AM
amuse

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay
and promise not to sneak back to his house and put a Boomslang in his bed.
Ha! Is that a trick to test my dutch? Boomslang of course is Dutch for tree snake!

Yes, I intend to make an offer fairly soon, but there are other factors at play unfortunately... hopefully it will stay on the dealer's floor for good few weeks...

Cheers,
Pete.
Old 08-14-2001, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by amuse

Ha! Is that a trick to test my dutch? Boomslang of course is Dutch for tree snake!

Yes, I intend to make an offer fairly soon, but there are other factors at play unfortunately... hopefully it will stay on the dealer's floor for good few weeks...

Cheers,
Pete.
Pete,

This is the way to keep it on the dealer's floor -- have a few of your friends make some offers to the dealer and have them keep the SVX at the dealer a little longer. It always works for me if I want to keep the car for a while longer in Chicago. The dealer will think there are demands...

Lwin
Old 08-14-2001, 12:26 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
Where have I heard that...

<you're speaking my language>

ehhhh....Men at Work...right Aredub? "I come from the land down under...." Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"
Old 08-14-2001, 12:40 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Where have I heard that...

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXphile
<you're speaking my language>

ehhhh....Men at Work...right Aredub? "I come from the land down under...." Don
". . . better run, better take cover!" Hmmm. Makes me hungry for a vegemite sandwich.

For those who don't know what a Boomslang is:

http://www.africana.com/Articles/tt_401.htm
Subaru Ambassador

Old 08-15-2001, 09:36 PM
joeaux

Beautiful car (nice Jag beside it too). My favorite color scheme (I'm still pissed they didn't sell them in that scheme when I bought my '96 LSi). Funny how we always notice that the wheels are on wrong first thing. It's like a sore thumb. Anyway, like everyone says, check the tranny and drivetrain out really well. Compare prices. Get a warranty that covers the tranny. Like I said, beautiful car. Yep, beautiful.
-joe-