Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-09-2002, 04:12 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by LarryIII
Randy,

Who are you with? Nationwide just sent us a check for when their guy hit us while we were in the Outback a few weeks ago.

You ought to call my agent,"Shyster, Shyster, Shystyer & Muscle, Inc."
You hadn't told me you'd had an accident in Australia. Did James run you down in his Camry? OH! You mean the SUBARU Outback.

I'm with Dewy, Scruem and Howe.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 12-09-2002, 04:13 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Dick Young

Is that who you got to replace "Dewey, Gougem, and Howe"?
Dangit -- we gotta stop meeting like this!

Meanwhile, if you have no luck with these guys, try the firm of Ben Dover and C. Howett Fields.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 12-09-2002, 04:39 PM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Meanwhile, if you have no luck with these guys, try the firm of Ben Dover and C. Howett Fields.

LOL...... I've got to get out more.... that's the first time I've heard of the firm crosstown from Dewey, Cheatham and Howe.....

92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Old 12-09-2002, 04:46 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

OK, while we're going down this road...

An actual firm here is Michigan (no, my wife doesn't work there ) is named Harness, Dickey & Pierce . Really, I'm not making this up!!!

Todd
Old 12-09-2002, 05:14 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncamitzi

LOL...... I've got to get out more.... that's the first time I've heard of the firm crosstown from Dewey, Cheatham and Howe.....

The Three Stooges - circa 1956

Man - that is old!

'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 12-09-2002, 06:04 PM
hotshoe50

your animation

Cash,

AS we saw you go nuts a few weeks ago, why were you trying to beat her through the intersection when you knew she was a comin'??? especially fom the wrong side????????

At least you know who marked your car and a contract has been issued... correct???

Sure its ugly but your car is OK! Remember, its JUST a car and its a metal, inanimate object: it can be fixed:

Just be happy it wasn't a person and it was you at fault....

Chill out my friend: a good shop, three hours and a visit to the ":booth" and you will be fine: it could be MUCH worse

Hotshoe
Old 12-09-2002, 06:43 PM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
I only steal the best......

Quote:
Originally posted by wasions

The Three Stooges - circa 1956

Man - that is old!

I have the tie..... I'm old too...... but the tie is new....
Old 12-09-2002, 08:48 PM
Kolombian013X

I had a similair accident in the winter last year. I just had to get the body fixed back up and nothing else. I was going down a hill and i slid into a log type guardrail. It was pretty expensive damage even though i was going 15 mph.
Old 12-09-2002, 08:50 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Kolombian013X
I had a similair accident in the winter last year. I just had to get the body fixed back up and nothing else. I was going down a hill and i slid into a log type guardrail. It was pretty expensive damage even though i was going 15 mph.
I imagine it'd be expensive damage on almost any car - the quarter panel is a structural member of unibody-construction vehicles.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 12-10-2002, 09:40 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncamitzi

The newsman, at the radio station I worked for, was asked to draw the winners for an NCAA Championship Trip package. The deejay did a great build-up to the big moment. The newsman reached into the "hopper" and drew out the name, then, in his staunchest, most professional, "newsy" voice, announced: "And the winner is . . . Ben Dover and C. Howett Fields." The look on the deejay's face was priceless when chuckled nervously and said, "I don't think that's our winner. Draw another name." The newsman was adament, "no, it says right here Ben Dover and C. Howett Fields." The newsman, simply seeing the words and not "hearing" what he was saying, was totally unaware that anything was "strange" with the name. The deejay announced, "we're going to go to commercial, and we'll have this straightened out when we get back." Once off the air, the deejay took the slip of paper from the newsman and asked him to listen closely as he read the name. The newsman's eyes became as big as saucers and his complexion went a deep and shiny red as he realized that, not only had he read this tawdry material to thousands of listeners, but, that his credibility had been tarnished. As he left the room in a zombie-like trance, reeling from the realization and embarrassment, the deejay looked at me, I looked at him, and we burst out laughing -- he had to play another commercial set to give him time to regain his composure. The deejay drew a legitimate name after the commercial break. The newsman, after that experience, would have nothing more to do with things outside his realm of the news.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 12-10-2002, 09:53 AM
$VX

Re: your animation

Quote:
Originally posted by hotshoe50
Cash,

AS we saw you go nuts a few weeks ago, why were you trying to beat her through the intersection when you knew she was a comin'??? especially fom the wrong side????????

At least you know who marked your car and a contract has been issued... correct???
Uh... what? I wasn't trying to beat anyone. Its a 2 lane ONE WAY STREET... and I needed to go about 4 blocks ahead (4 more blocks UPWARDS in the flash animation)... the problem is that the lady thought it was a 2 way street, so she thought she could turn left from the RIGHT lane.
Old 12-10-2002, 09:57 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Quote:

The newsman, at the radio station I worked for, was asked to draw the winners for an NCAA Championship Trip package. The deejay did a great build-up to the big moment. The newsman reached into the "hopper" and drew out the name, then, in his staunchest, most professional, "newsy" voice, announced: "And the winner is . . . Ben Dover and C. Howett Fields." The look on the deejay's face was priceless when chuckled nervously and said, "I don't think that's our winner. Draw another name." The newsman was adament, "no, it says right here Ben Dover and C. Howett Fields." The newsman, simply seeing the words and not "hearing" what he was saying, was totally unaware that anything was "strange" with the name. The deejay announced, "we're going to go to commercial, and we'll have this straightened out when we get back." Once off the air, the deejay took the slip of paper from the newsman and asked him to listen closely as he read the name. The newsman's eyes became as big as saucers and his complexion went a deep and shiny red as he realized that, not only had he read this tawdry material to thousands of listeners, but, that his credibility had been tarnished. As he left the room in a zombie-like trance, reeling from the realization and embarrassment, the deejay looked at me, I looked at him, and we burst out laughing -- he had to play another commercial set to give him time to regain his composure. The deejay drew a legitimate name after the commercial break. The newsman, after that experience, would have nothing more to do with things outside his realm of the news.
That is a funny story, Randy! LMAO

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 12-10-2002, 10:10 AM
Member #447

Registered SVX
Talking Seeing as we've hijacked this thread too....

Quote:

I used to pretend to have mic trouble everytime I got to the sports page and had to read Martina Navrátilová .... Glad I was on radio..... (of course with this face.... I HAD to be in radio!!) One day the station manager walked in as I was reading the story off the wire.... Saw me flick the switch off and on while I read her name...... after he got off the floor.... he made me practice her name during every commercial break I took for the next week......
Old 12-10-2002, 10:33 AM
Yeah, it's a poodle - so what?

Quote:

There's a urologist in Austin, TX who is the go-to guy for vasectomies.

His name (I'm not making this up) is Dr. Dick Chop.

Honest, I'm not making this up. He's famous.
2001 Outback Sport