Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-03-2002, 05:05 PM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Angry The Saga of the White Wing

Ok... Here I go. I've watched in fear at the stories of Randy and Leo (sorry to hear about the stuff you lost) Well today I start to get in on the (hopefully) crying in my beer (or wine) I mentioned that the rear lateral links on the back end were used as tow points at some time before I got the car. Today when I had these replaced and was getting the alignment we found some other problems. The Rack and pinon is leaking and loose. the tie-rods are loose and one of the control arms is bent. It looks like the car has taken a pretty good hit on the left front side.

Does anyone know how carfax works.... When I bought the car, I bought the carfax service and there was something about a 5000 dollar guarantee if they reported a clean carfax and it was proved wrong. I will go back and check, but thought someone might know off hand.

I'm sure as I progress on the repairs I'll become more schooled in what has to happen next. Right now I've gotten the rear and front aligned with no warranty because of the tie rods and rack. I will probably order these from 1stsubarupart.com. they were very quick and reasonable with the Lateral Links. The car feels so much better it's a sin that I will be driving the 87 Subie GL for so much of the time. I must replace the cracked radiator and have the ac fixed also....

I'm sure I will need a shoulder to cry on now and again. And Troy if you read this I'll not be making it up to the mini meet next weekend.....D#mn it!
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Old 05-03-2002, 06:51 PM

sorry about the problems

really sorry to hear all those problems...

working thru a few problems of my own with an SVX that's currently sitting on jackstands (3 out of the 6 weeks of ownership so far).

Anyway, I think Carfax requires you to have replied to the title service at time of purchase for the title guarantee to be in effect. Plus it's only a guarantee tha the title is not a salvage, or otherwise defective title. If the previous owner never turned this in to an insurance company, etc., then you're SOL - sorry again.

If you want to check out the text of a carfax report send me an e-mail (lbridges@cfl.rr.com) and I'll send you back a copy of the Carfax report on my SVX so you can see what they have to say.
Old 05-03-2002, 10:00 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Mitch,
Let me offer my shoulder. I've used everyone elses so often.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 05-04-2002, 04:23 PM
greg

CARFAX

I am sorry to hear of your dilema, I think that we all have been in those horrible situations and can sympathize. About carfax...There information is retrieved from police reports were the VIN# for that car has been documented (public information) They are not able to get insurance information at all. Therefore the information from carfax is not reliable only the title information is reliable (once again, that too, is public information) Not all states list accidents with carfax (georgia does not) So the information is at best vague. Sorry again, I hope that I have helped in some small way.
-G
Old 05-05-2002, 03:29 PM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Unhappy SOL...

Yep, That's the way that I read the carfax info also. I did have the service and did what I should have... But between the water in the trunk (when I picked it up) , the water damage to the stereo (??) and the damage to the left front and rear suspension ..... I still love my SVX.... I'm trying to get the radiator and stereo back up to working condition .... (has anybody noticed that I haven't said anything about the t word....... ..)
Old 05-25-2002, 01:22 AM
Member #447

Registered SVX
Talking Drove home today from shop

And for those of you in the Santa Clara Valley I'm going to plug A1 Radiator. Ken took really good care of me. He is a Subaru fan even though he drives a really sweet 68? SS Malibu. I got the parts (very quickly and at a great price) from 1stsubaru.com and Ken put them in .. It's so nice to have AC on a day that hit at least 91 by the outside temp gauge. Ken put the radiator in added the new condensor and retro'd the ac to R134 in less than 4 hours..... I'm smiling and didn't miss a whole day of driving!
Sorry RW
Old 05-25-2002, 11:34 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Congratulations Mitch! Good to see you're back in the Driver's seat! Have fun! (I mean that. Have fun! )
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI