Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-31-2006, 01:00 PM
Grand Poo-Bah

Send a message via AIM to halistan Send a message via MSN to halistan Send a message via Yahoo to halistan
Registered SVX
Question Need some help finding who owns this engine

I was persuing some of the older threads today and found this pic *attached* of a supercharged SVX engine and its GORGEOUS. As some of you know, i have recently retired Samantha, my 93 SVX and purchased an Acura CL so i can park the SVX and work on it. One of the things i'm going to do is supercharge the engine and have been talking to Tom about helping me. This engine is exactly what i want to do. So what i wanted to know was if any of you knew whose engine this was and how they got this done. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks everyone!!!

~Ray
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SVX engine 2.jpg (70.9 KB, 206 views)
All new and improved custom built engine with forged internals, lowered compression, upgraded cams and a stage III supercharger. AMR Engineering struts, Custom exhaust --All 3 Subaru cats removed, and replaced with 2 high flow mustang cats-- Cross-drilled & Slotted rotors, steel braided brake lines, bypassed stock Tranny cooler replaced with aftermarket B&M super-cooler, and a K&N drop in air filter.
Old 05-31-2006, 01:09 PM
Phil & Belha

His name is Graham, he lives in the UK and his handle here is f1svx. He's a mechanical genius and did all the work himself.
1994 Alcyone SVX S40-II
2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SE Sports Tourer
1996 Subaru Legacy 2.2 GX Wagon
1988 Subaru Justy J12 SL-II
Old 05-31-2006, 01:59 PM
Grand Poo-Bah

Send a message via AIM to halistan Send a message via MSN to halistan Send a message via Yahoo to halistan
Registered SVX
Talking are you serious or just messing with me?

He really did that himself??? wow...i hope i'm not being a sucker but if he did then i'm amazed!!! Think he'd sell me his engine? Does he still linger around this site much? Anyone know another way to contact him..like an email address?
All new and improved custom built engine with forged internals, lowered compression, upgraded cams and a stage III supercharger. AMR Engineering struts, Custom exhaust --All 3 Subaru cats removed, and replaced with 2 high flow mustang cats-- Cross-drilled & Slotted rotors, steel braided brake lines, bypassed stock Tranny cooler replaced with aftermarket B&M super-cooler, and a K&N drop in air filter.
Old 05-31-2006, 02:04 PM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Quote:
Originally Posted by b3lha
His name is Graham, he lives in the UK and his handle here is f1svx. He's a mechanical genius and did all the work himself.
Are you serious? It really looks like a Photochop job to me.
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 05-31-2006, 02:05 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Note that the set up is very similar to what LAN is now offering as a
"Stage 3" set up -- with the exception that LAN has moved the alternator under the crank pulley so owners can keep their A/C.
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 05-31-2006, 03:49 PM
Phil & Belha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohrds
Are you serious? It really looks like a Photochop job to me.

Photo taken by Phil Hill at the JAE 2005, UK SVX meet.
1994 Alcyone SVX S40-II
2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SE Sports Tourer
1996 Subaru Legacy 2.2 GX Wagon
1988 Subaru Justy J12 SL-II

Last edited by b3lha; 05-31-2006 at 03:51 PM.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:29 PM
What Potholes ???
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
That's beautiful, I can't believe I missed that one. If the intake manifold was silver it would look so stock.

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel
Old 05-31-2006, 08:33 PM
Grand Poo-Bah

Registered SVX
Thanks

I got an PM from Graham today. I wrote him back. Hopefully he'll share some of his wisdom with a young pup like myself so that I too may have such a sweet looking engine

I have been looking at the stage 3 and like it but don't care for the alternator being on the bottom. I'm going to ask graham where he put the AC compressor (assuming he still has AC in his SVX after this) and go that route.

All this will be stage 1 of my restored SVX...stage 2 is the 6MT from an STI, stage 3 will be Koni/CG, then stage 4 will be STI brakes and calipers (already have steel braided brake lines) then stage 5 will be the cosmetic stuff like new paint job, dings, etc. Ahhh, i love it when a plan comes together
Old 05-31-2006, 08:37 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
Youll have a pretty badass car when your done....
Just...avoid saying "Stage" Between bill and tom and LAN and all that "Stage 8 version 1.85" stuff I just cant take anymore.
Best of luck on the supercharger set up. last I heard the "stage 3" was still needing some fine tuning, and although its a nice kit, its alot cooler to do it yourself. SvxFiles is Fast4r!!
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten