SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 03-23-2006, 04:56 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarsvx
thanks bud,, i wonder how much go go juice it took ? its good to see there 2 in existance that break 13s

phil
what is your exact afr ? 12? what is your egt's runing at, are you running any type of fuel cut sysytem in case of boost spike? how much timeing are you adding and pulling out? are you monitoring the knock threshhold? whats the injector duty cycle at ?

again there is a lot more to it then just welding a bunch of pipes together and slapping a turbo on it, with a FPR adjustments

whene are you going to lower the compression ratio? and when do you plan to get forged internals to hold the extra forces your inducing on it?
Didnt you see the dyno in any of those pictures? you think we build turbo system and then shove the car out the door? come on buddy, you are once again have no insight into my experience. And if you are implying it looks like i slapped some piping and a turbo onto my SVX then stop reading now.......
here goes....
7 degrees less base timing, z32 maf is utilized by ecutune stage 2v5 which remaps both timing tables and the injector tables. Im running 6lbs of boost on high octane and 3.5 on pump gas, its not like im running 20 lbs of boost ECutune blowers run on the same software but with larger injectors FYI, and the stock ECU, which raises the rev limiter, retains EGT, duel knock sensors, soft fuel cut, but now can read up to 450hp worth of air precisely.
The maps utilized by the ECU to refrence timing are in fact 3D, the JECS 16bit proccesor was well ahead of its time. Like the 300zx ecu it uses a 2 axis map(and thus is similiar to a jim wolf ecu upgrade for Z's which many high HP z's use).
Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname
The timing and fuel maps are 3d maps , two axis of which are rpm and load.

The word load is typically used to mean airflow although it ends up being in terms of injector pulsewidth. To simplify things and give you the synopsis before the explanation: altering the maf voltage alters what collums of the timig map are looked up for a given airflow.

The maf meter puts out a voltage according to how much air is flowing though it. A highly accurate lookup table is used to convert that voltage into an unscaled airflow measurement. That resulting air flow measurement is run through an equation which uses the rpm, a constant used to scale both the injectors and the airflow, and the airflow to calculate load. The resultant value is the value is used to set the base injection quatity to reach a stoichiometric afr and is used to determine which collumns to look up in the timing and fuel maps.

If you use one of the devices which modifies your maf meter voltage to try and use different size injectors here is how it works. Say you put in injectors which are about twice the size...the 555cc injectors. You would progam in a map which alters the voltage from the maf meter to get the ecu to think half as much air is being injested as is really and thus have it calculate to base pulsewidth for the 555cc injectors to be half the pulsewidth of what the factory injectors would. By fooling the ECU into thinking half as much air was being injested you cause the ecu to look up the wrong collumns in both the timing and fuel tables. Looking up the wrong collumn in the factory fuel table isn't the end of the world; however, looking up collums that are lower than the actual load in the timing table just won't work. If you look at the timing table i posted in the stage2v3 thread you will see just how bad it would be. You'd be running over 20 degrees too much timing in critical areas.

Although not part of your question you would also have trouble because changing the maf meter voltage does not correct the enrichments which are in straight ms of pulsewidth.
The EG33 Has forged internals. 7 main bearing forged crankshaft, forged rods, and pressure cast pistons(a very strong form of forging). The heads have large 52cc combustion chambers, valves are a decent size, and no float is noticable at the HP level i am pushing. The only argument you may have here is that i am retaining a 10:1 compression ratio for now, but i like running low boost and high compression in terms of overall engine tq. over the powerband. If i build the motor someday then i will have some custom pistons made, and will go to an EMS or god forbid, hydra, if the need be. Im not trying to create a monster, just making the car i love a little faster. squish area is appraoching the .010 mark(very impressive by any standards for a street car, more so then 99% of production motors).

Last edited by Phast SVX; 03-23-2006 at 05:03 PM.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:04 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
unsubscribing from this sorry boys... Let me know when you make(not simply buy and install) a single part for your car...

Tom
Old 03-23-2006, 05:06 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
unsubscribing from this sorry boys... Let me know when you make(not simply buy and install) a single part for your car...

Tom
My wing man is leaving the formation!
Old 03-23-2006, 06:01 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

I can't believe this thread hasn't been locked yet... ... I was just reading through and you guys are biting back and forth at eachother like little kids... Howbout just letting it go??? Not everyone needs to see this debate... It makes all of you look bad.... Take it to PM... Then you can go all out on eachother...

How bout we drop the comments that are being shot back and forth at eachother?? We are here because we love the SVX...

Phast: Congrats on the turbo completion (did I already say that .. I forgot.... )

Budfreak: Those two SVXi that did make it into 13's were verymuch so on the laughing gass... The one with Paul Finner at the wheel could barely be called an SVX anymore (striped TOTALLY out and weighs about 2500lbs... Not to mention it had a 75 shot os NAAAAWZZZZ!!! ... Not totally sure about the other one though.... THink it was another guy that lives in NC

Solar: Damn man, it has been a long time!!! Haven't seen you on the boards in a while Well, I have been on NASIOC about 4x more than I am here.. That could be why... How's the little Turbo Beast running now?? Ya still got that hidouus bumper on it?? (j/k) I do have a question for ya though... Can SS Brake lines from a WRX fit on an SVX??

Thanks for letting me interrupt guys... Please keep it clean on here... The rest of us don't want to wittness arguements like this on the board

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 03-23-2006, 06:02 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Numbers, only numbers.

I am always amused by the way the US contingent, love the numbers. First thing they ask is " what is the HP number" the next is " what is the quarter No.?" If I fit this muffler, how much HP will it give?.

There is a big difference in a car with big numbers and a car that is very drivable. A fuel drag car has BIG numbers, but is not drivable. The torque curve is the the numbers that you are going to use to drive. The other numbers are used for boasting.

I would much prefer to drive a 3,300cc SVX with 7/9 lbs of boost, than a 2000cc Rex with 20 lbs of boost. The SVX has the capacity to do the job, without blowing the arse off it. Cruising at 130 mph in a SVX a pleasure. Doing the same in a Rex is a pain.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.
Old 03-23-2006, 06:08 PM
Seadog

It's really very simple. Money makes a fast WRX. Talent makes a fast SVX.
Old 03-23-2006, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadog
It's really very simple. Money makes a fast WRX. Talent makes a fast SVX.
?????

Don't think I totally understand that...

I thought you needed Talent AND money to make an SVX fast.... Not to mention Patience, persistance, Passion, a certian mental illness

** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 03-23-2006, 06:19 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMarineSVX
?????

Don't think I totally understand that...

I thought you needed Talent AND money to make an SVX fast.... Not to mention Patience, persistance, Passion, a certian mental illness
i dont know about all of those but i DEFINETLY have th last one
Old 03-23-2006, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phast SVX
i dont know about all of those but i DEFINETLY have th last one
I think that for me, since the "Money" was taken away, the Persistance and patience just up and left too... Now I am a talented Mechanical Engineering student with NO MONEY and a Mental Illness

Old 03-23-2006, 07:00 PM

Send a message via AIM to solarsvx
Registered SVX
hey green i have been great , as for the brakelines, i dont think they are interchangable,, the wrx runs a verry long strut design to the svx.

the wrx is doing great it ended up running better at lower boost levels then at high boost and the meth system needed to be a progressive unit instead of a on off system that the cooling mist guys sold me,

@ 15 psi it ran 13.00 @ 108 with a 1.85 60' its a little more trickier to launch with out the launch control that the utec offers

@ 25 psi it ran 12.80 @ 107 with a 1.82 60' with utec and meth

surprisingly all this was done on a stock clutch and such, at 30k on it

i feel it still could pull of a mid 12 second pass the turbo is well capable of doing it,

but abought a month ago the wrx has been striped back down to stock and im facing on making a adult choice for a change and ill be 30 soon and thats a scary thought so i need to buy a house instead of renting so the toys have to go,

as for the svx i really have only driven it maybe 2 weeks out of the 4 months i have owned it that will change soon, and im looking for a nice set of 2 piece 19"s and a nice sound system for it, im looking foward to something that doesnt rattle you to death and cant hear the person next to you LOL

me and phil have our diffrences on the subject and yes we shoul not be arguing on the boards like this and im suprised its still hasent been locked,

sea dog = money makes any car go fast LOL and to make a svx fast i would agree it would take both with lots of head aches, but it would be something you built that no one has, but at the end we all choose our own paths with our svx's

some of us buy it for its rarety or looks
some of us buy it for racing
some buy it just to buy it LOL
Old 04-20-2006, 05:47 PM
XT6 is SVX's Daddy

Send a message via ICQ to Myxalplyx Send a message via AIM to Myxalplyx Send a message via Yahoo to Myxalplyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarsvx
your right its not worth arguing,

going to the track is fun , go out and see what it does but dont complain to every one it breaks down like in this thread or the tranny goes out,

i cant open my eyes to a 15 second car no one will, but if you wanana go and see what it does no ones stopping you, race it till the wheels fall off racing toyota corollas and honda accords .

the rest of svx owners will Appreciate the rarety and clean lines of the svx and enjoy it for being a rare and comfortable luxury car,

if you wanna see what it will run for your own curosity go forit if your going to impress any one or taken serously then your wasting the tracks time and people like me waiting to run,
Hrrmm, I never responded to this thread. SolarSVX, I simply took the SVX to the track to see what 1/4 mile time it would run. Also, I enjoy bracket racing so I was going to bracket race that day. Bracket racing is no different than accelerating from a stop full throttle to get on the highway. I simply stated what happened when I went to race that day. No complaining!

No production car is a dragracing car but just about any low hp/torque production car make for an EXCELLENT bracket racer.

So your comments! ??
1996 3.3ltr SVX (AWD/Auto) 15.070@91.38mph
***R.I.P***
2010 RAV4 AWD Sport (13.717 @ 99.19mph )
2015 Honda Fit LX CVT (15.2 @ 90mph)