Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 02-18-2006, 12:45 PM

Send a message via AIM to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via MSN to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to DreamingOfSpeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal_suby
Whatever you do, just don't get him a dodge neon - those are complete junk.
I ALMOST ended up with a neon! 1st gen! My dad bought it to teach me to drive a stick and just a few days later my brother hit a tree in his manual car. Dad had to give him the neon to drive to school and a 4 years later i got an SVX (my mom had post traumatic stress disorder and couldnt handle teaching me to drive so i had to wait till i was old enough to drive on a permit with no one in the car) 1st gen neons have terrible crash testing ratings according to the NHTSA. Definitely not first car material!

I get 22 mpg on mid-grade gas (yup i dont use the expensive stuff and she great on it) and i drive it like i stole it (or as close to that as i can with a bad strut mount)

As you can see we have a problem with mods not removing ppl who should be removed for our site. Just ignore him or message the moderator about his comments. I think your kid sounds great! Hopefully he is successful at his new school and it gives him a good start for college. I'm sure if they offer scholarships not ALL the kids are rich kids and he'll fit in fine and if not he's there to learn anyway right? Good luck!
Old 02-18-2006, 01:19 PM
#1 6MT In Cali

Send a message via AIM to gest24
Good job turning your son onto Subies... Get him out to test drive an SVX see what he thinks. If you can find one in your area the early 90s Leagacy GT is also a nice rare Subie, flat 4 turboed... sedan or wagon.
1992 SVX LS-L: Now TomStock Stage 3... 6MT, R180 Rear, Tomstock Short Shifter and hard rubber mount, Group N Motor and Tranny Mount, Stage 2V6 Chip, Z32 MAF, Stage 3 CAI, Stebro, Intake Cams, 17" STi BBS Powder Coated Black, Bridgestone Potenza RE070, and Koni inserts w/Mychailo's Springs!

Sand Diego SCCA Solo 2 #308

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX
88 XT6(regret the day I left her behind)

socaleuro.com They like the flat 6...

Check My New Homepage..
Old 02-18-2006, 03:48 PM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
You could always go looking for a 91-94 Subaru Legacy SS. They're turbo powered 160HP AWD machines. They also last forever (as long as you don't beat them. The Legacies are good cars, with fewer problems than the SVX.

I drive a 91 myself, NA, AWD. I love the thing to death; dents, scratches, and all.

Now, I'm not taking away from the SVX as a possibility. I will say however that the Legacies tend to have fewer problems.
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi
Old 02-18-2006, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gest24
Get him out to test drive an SVX see what he thinks.
Agreed cancer

So test drive mine!
Old 02-18-2006, 04:41 PM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX
He has an excellent point. You are in New Jersey. I used to drive this particular SVX on a regular basis. I drove it about two weeks ago. His asking price is really great for the condition of the car plus the 5spd conversion.
Old 02-18-2006, 05:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via MSN to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to DreamingOfSpeed
Careful you let him drive one he'll be hooked for life. Thats what happened to me, i drove it around the block once and i fell in love. And i've never been happier.
Old 02-18-2006, 09:24 PM
6MT STi-ified, now with R180!

Send a message via ICQ to Nemesis Destiny Send a message via MSN to Nemesis Destiny
Yeah, I first saw one when I was 19 or 20, back in 1998 or 1999. I fell in love instantly. It was a 1993 Claret with spoiler. I took it around the block with the sales rep, then convinced her to let me keep it for a few hours on my own. I cruised all over town with it, and I knew that one day, I had to have one. I would probably have bought it right then and there, but I was an unemployed student back then, and it was 19$k.
1992 LS-L Touring, Liquid Silver w/ Black, 110k mi. "Alice." Rebuilt title. Mods: WRX 6-CD changer, 17x8" Motegi LC-12 (16.5lbs), PWR rad, Perrin LCP, JDM v.8 6MT + R180, Koni + Ground Control (325f/280r), Earthworm Bushings. Awaiting resto.
1994 LSI The legendary "Shotgun Slade" 110k mi and still going strong!

2005 Outback XT Limited 5MT, Obsidian Black Pearl, 211k km, daily driver.
1999 Mazda MX5 base 5MT, Twilight Blue Metallic, 152k km. "Twilight Sparkle" Summer daily driver!
2007 Honda CR-V, some awful shade of light green *yawn*

1992 LS-L Touring, Ebony Mica, 176k kms. Parts car. SCRAPPED.
1992 LS-L, Dark Teal, 367k km. "Wintergreen" the winter beater.*SCRAPPED due to rust*