Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 02-12-2006, 01:20 AM
One teal and One yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by budfreak1
Say hello to my new avatar as soon as I figure out how. That's just a great piece of footage right there. Told ya my car was a pain in the ass.
Where is your new avatar? Figure out how?

Jason, how is 4.44 running? Any binding?

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 02-12-2006, 02:05 AM
One teal and One yellow

In observation

I missed my car alot. I went to pick up my yellow SVX on Saturday and left my MX-3 V6 there before the work is totally done on my car. Tom and Diana were leaving for Florida for "honeymoon"

I hate it that this may be a big hit to me that I have to spend another $$$ for labor to get another swaped? The lil whining noise I told Tom is still there. (Guess I'm picky and good at testing...)

On the way back Saturday, it was about 60miles driving. Tom put about 100miles on testing my car. I was doing triple digit speed about 50% of my journey back to town. The 4.44 is definitely great. I like the ratios. When I was driving 70mph, it's very lil bit over 3000rpm and 90mph@4000rpm and 100mph@4500rpm and more. I didn't go more and more because four of my tires are not really good ones.

From the gears to gears, it shifted pretty quick and fine. In my opinions, the 4.44 not only improves the acceleration but with more engine braking, it seems to have better brake and save the rotors life longer. Car seems to be easier to control on high spd. Driving in town is another story, I will speak with Tom more. With another trans resistor plugged in, the car definitely drives smoother and kind of different. Binding is still there but not consistently...sometimes more...sometimes less...how come? It has a lil jerk when I feel that it's going to transfer power from front to rear...sometimes you can't notice because it's quite smooth. Will talk to Tom more....will put few hundreds miles more and get back to Tom for the remaining work.

Tonight, I'm glad to have chance to drive my yellow SVX on the thick snow. I definitely have the AWD working. Glad!! One thing I'm not sure that, I don't have so much confidence on this one than the teal one on the white snow(they behave a lil diff on snow, 3.54 and 4.44??), a couple times I tried to push/accelerate on the slippery snow, the rear end's kind of fishtails to either left or right, why? No equal power distributions from the rear differential?? Tonight is a bad night, alot of accidents and my boss's MB M-class also hit a cop car due to failure to control...

Anyway, my car is definitely better and better when I first bought it. Thanks to the love from Tom's Sometimes I kinda want to give up, to take care and make it better always requires alot of time, energy, love and $$$$. For less than $300/mth, I can drive a '06 TR as chike? I definitely spend way more on the work...

Questions if anyone can answer?

If the driveshaft is not good, How do we know? What kind of sign is going to have?

What causes binding to happen in our SVX? I have no 16 blinks power code now. Just swap a new used 66k tranny and rear-end.

If there's some whining noise from the front diff, that means the bottom line is something is wearing?

Thanks good night.

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 02-12-2006, 05:36 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSVX
Where is your new avatar? Figure out how?

Jason, how is 4.44 running? Any binding?
Still workin on the avatar. 4.44's are great and my car is VERY powerful now with the new exhaust and no more CEL's for the O2 sensors. I'm absolutely loving it!