Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 02-01-2006, 09:12 PM
Silver44

Question Problems shifting in the tranny..

I had a thread not to long ago about my rebuilt transmission. Still looking for options...Car is in great shape, the tranny isn't completely shot but it has has a hard time switching gears. If i play with the accelerator i can get it to shift....but obviously I don't drive it on a regular basis at this point..it's been parked for about a year...i have the money to fix it now...what should I do?? rebuild again?? is this a problem anyone has heard of?? Should i rebuild the existing one and immediatley get a tranny cooler?? A little confused.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:14 PM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver44
I had a thread not to long ago about my rebuilt transmission. Still looking for options...Car is in great shape, the tranny isn't completely shot but it has has a hard time switching gears. If i play with the accelerator i can get it to shift....but obviously I don't drive it on a regular basis at this point..it's been parked for about a year...i have the money to fix it now...what should I do?? rebuild again?? is this a problem anyone has heard of?? Should i rebuild the existing one and immediatley get a tranny cooler?? A little confused.

Can you explain that a little better please?

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 02-01-2006, 09:24 PM
Silver44

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b on demand
Can you explain that a little better please?
Well....the car starts, I can drive the car. when i drive it, it doesn't want to switch gears. in other words, i can run the rpm's up to 6000 without the car automatically switching gears. But, if I play with the accelorator around 2500 to 3000 rpms i can get it switch gears. But I don't dare run the car past 30 mph, because I know the tranny is in bad shape. Last thing i need is a sitting duck. I'm not sure what else I can explain. These are the syptoms.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:04 AM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Does it do this in every gear? Your tranny seems to be flaring. That is a sign that the tranny is on its way out. Sometimes a simply brakeband adjustment will cure the flaring but it depends on what gears are slipping. Have you checked your transmission fluid? It should be a pink/ reddish color and it should NOT smelled burnt.

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 02-03-2006, 05:26 AM
Silver44

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b on demand
Does it do this in every gear? Have you checked your transmission fluid? It should be a pink/ reddish color and it should NOT smelled burnt.
It does do it in every gear and the fluid is fine, i had if flushed as soon as I started having the problem. I'm probably just going to have it looked at to see the damage, than make the decision whether to rebuild or go for it all and go for the manual conversion. I appreciate the info.