Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 01-31-2005, 09:04 AM
no limitation as limitation

but on the topic the ssvx is way cooler that the football mom 500. what are you thinking

(spoken like a true svx fanboy)
Old 01-31-2005, 10:34 AM

Hey don't get me wrong, I love the SVX and have wanted one for alomst a year now. Im not trying to say the 500 is the greatest and that Subies don't match up, I jsut wanted a simple comparison to see if I really should buy a SVX someday. Is the SVX accuratley portraied in any games?
Old 01-31-2005, 11:51 AM

bout the games i think their a little pesimistic in terms of handeling charicteristics. the svx is far more nimble than gt would have you believe. however the acceloration is preaty close.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:00 PM
ThetaReactor

The CVTs are becoming accepted, so when are we gonna get turbines, huh? I want a bladeless turbine spinning at 20k rpm putting out 600hp. It'll purr like a Ferrari and weigh less than a Lotus...
Old 01-31-2005, 12:20 PM

they best bart is their is noy vibrations you cant feel it when its on. call up MTT they will put a turbine into anything
Old 01-31-2005, 12:24 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by yesmar
Hey don't get me wrong, I love the SVX and have wanted one for alomst a year now. Im not trying to say the 500 is the greatest and that Subies don't match up, I jsut wanted a simple comparison to see if I really should buy a SVX someday. Is the SVX accuratley portraied in any games?
You would be better to wait till you get a drive in one.

The common thread in all the fan club here is driveability. The SVX is no sports car, it is slow to launch due to the auto programming. But once it is rolling, no way is it a slouch either.

It is excellent even on twisty back roads that would be better suited to a WRX.

Better by far than the WRX or the twin turbo Legacy that I also have is the way the SVX controls body movement, the way the car handles and rides.

On top of all that is the way it effortlessly and quietly flows along at 80 to 100 speeds, or faster if you like.

People on here like the SVX a lot because the sum of all the good things it does is greater than the whole. So comparing it with other cars that have similar weight and performance does not give the whole or a true picture.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 01-31-2005, 01:49 PM
Lost_Thought

Ford = Mc.Donalds of the automotive world
the 500 is a bland attempt at class.

The SVX is a work of art.

any questions?
Old 01-31-2005, 02:10 PM
ThetaReactor

I've played around with the Alcyone in Gran Turismo, but it can't really capture the fun of driving the car. Still shifts at all the wrong points, though. I floored it and it didn't hit 4th until about 130mph...
Old 01-31-2005, 02:13 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Right!!

That is the correct shift point for 4th in the Power mode. It will not shift until 127-130 mph. But---I assure you it is accelerating nicely until it does shift.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 01-31-2005, 04:03 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Mine would shift at 125mph unless I had the shifter in 3rd then it would shift at 130mph.
Old 01-31-2005, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by svxistentialist

You would be better to wait till you get a drive in one.

The common thread in all the fan club here is driveability. The SVX is no sports car, it is slow to launch due to the auto programming. But once it is rolling, no way is it a slouch either.

It is excellent even on twisty back roads that would be better suited to a WRX.

Better by far than the WRX or the twin turbo Legacy that I also have is the way the SVX controls body movement, the way the car handles and rides.

On top of all that is the way it effortlessly and quietly flows along at 80 to 100 speeds, or faster if you like.

People on here like the SVX a lot because the sum of all the good things it does is greater than the whole. So comparing it with other cars that have similar weight and performance does not give the whole or a true picture.

Joe
well put, i have driven/raced or riden in a subu all my life so i have an intresting outlook on the car(s). the svx in particular has capibilities that are only found in high end sports cars; stability for one the cars ability to handel at extreem speed makes up for its girth, infact i find that the svx can out handel touring cars of lesser weight in the hands of an experienced driver, some people complain that the back end kicks out in the snow and seems un controlable but if you maintain some throtle and corect the stering the car snaps back in line.(i know this because the first thing i do when it snows is "tear it up") i drove a gt2 that i repoed and the car seem less tamed or refined than the svx and to quick to spin out granted that im not trained on that type of car and it is a track car. very few cars have the balence that the svx has and a car that is at home on a track as it is on the road is hard to come buy. i had the opertunity to go to skip barber racing school and after finding out that i had a svx the instructer convinced me to let him put it through its paces he said that it drove beter than some cars 5 times its price (new) and that he was going to put it on his christmas list. the only car i would consider buying in addition to an svx is a prosche boxter.
Old 01-31-2005, 05:33 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Boxting clever.

Yeah Matthew, I must admit if I won a Boxter, I would strongly resist my missus trying to make me sell it!

White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 02-01-2005, 12:42 AM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Send a message via AIM to Weebitob
Registered SVX
The Ford 500 uses the same platform as the Volvo S60 with the same AWD system with literally the same exact transmission, the same engine as the Mazda 6 (which is basically a Ford based Duratec V6) with what seems like mushy base Taurus like suspension. So basically if you think about it, the Ford 500 is a scaled down Volvo S60.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:37 AM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
I don't know for sure about the awd version, but i DO know that ZF industries makes the transmissions for the Ford 500, and the Ford Freestyle. I work for ZF as and engineering co-op. And i'm not sure about the whole "we need the car" to work on the transmission.. it might be a cost thing of, its cheaper to do that, then remove half of the chassis to send a transmission somewhere. Not too sure where they're worked on.. might be Germany... although we do a LOT of rebuilding at the facility in Vernon Hills that i work at.

I drove a CVT honda.... didn't like it at all... more fuel efficient though.

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker