SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 11-14-2003, 04:12 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Snow Drifting

finally alaska has snow. the ground suddenly turned from wet to icey when i got done watching the final Matrix installment. it snowed the next day.

i must say im surprised at its ability and i think it even rivals the xt6 in snow blasting. ofcourse, the 6 had studs and the X doesnt, so it gets extra points. i only lost traction twice in motion, but got it back the first time.

people are still driving like crack-heads. mostly large trucks that want to own the road. too bad for them cuz i blasted a large chevy and two F-250s last night. i think the newer Audis actually own it around here though.

almost zero slippage in manual-2 mode, and i can pretty much leave it in manual-3 for the duration of the winter. i downshifted to 1 and my rear-right wheel spun out so i dont think thats a good idea.
abs is functioning quite exceptionally as well.

snowy xt6/svx stories?

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 11-14-2003, 05:06 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

I don't have any to tell here man, sorry it's still about 50* F out side...

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 11-14-2003, 06:13 PM
alacrity024

oh man.. last year was the BEST in my SVX.. here in New Hampshire, the state dept of transportation policy is to not plow roads until AFTER it's stopped snowing.. therefore, while it's snowing, the roads are PRIME for a little 230bhp AWD action

everytime it snowed at night, i could count on finding at least two of my friends blowing around the empty parking lot of the local "big factory." the three of us would just magically come together every time it snowed.. we were occasionally joined by jacked-up pickups and guys who'd gotten their WRX'es in the summer and hadn't gotten a chance to play with them in the snow..

on christmas night it snowed like MAD.. by the time i left work to go home there was literally 2 feet of powder on the main highway and 4 feet on the backroads. the snow was coming over my hood, it was up past the bottoms of my windows.. the svx just walked all over it.. i did not get stuck ONCE last winter. kids at school would be digging their cars out of the snow whenever it snowed.. i just tossed it in reverse, tickled the gas, and eased right out.. man i love this car

-adam

(praying for a snowy new hampshire winter)
Old 11-14-2003, 06:19 PM
Shot king

Unhappy

We got some snow today but not enough for fun, lots of black ice though. I don't think the SVX will see much snow. I got the Cherokee with studded Snowmasters on all 4 corners for that. Drift Jumpins my sport and i don't like the idea of doin bodywork to the front of my SVX.
Old 11-15-2003, 04:46 AM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
another near collision. (yawn)

heres an old xt6 shorty of mine.

going too fast, coming to a red light, hit ice, almost hit cherokee, slam the wheel, tap the gas, pump the brake, relax. phew.

heres my new svx shorty as of 4 hours ago.
me and SE-R boy are going to best buy to get the new D-Block cd.

doing speed limit. truck pulls out. ok it changes lanes. no, wait, it gets in front of me! flash lights, slam wheel, mash gas, onto curb, too busy controlling vehicle to honk, drive on snow burm inches between truck and 8 foot wall, accellerate in front of truck, cut him/her off, stop at next turn, quickly open door and flip off truck, pull over and inspect vehicle.
i landed really hard when i came off the curb.

i must say even though i am an experienced snow drifter any other car would have let me down in that situation and i would have hit the truck or the wall.

heres something that i was gonna put in the "im stupid and can prove it" thread.

doing a little over speed limit, vehicle in front brakes hard. ok, decide to switch lanes, passenger shouts "truck", nearly avoid stupid purple toyota out of blind spot, pacing between toyota and big old ford in a two lane road at about 50mph.
they are too tall to notice. :\
slow down and ease behind toyota.

would you believe i havent put a single scratch on this car?

the underside doesnt count ofcourse.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.