SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2001, 04:44 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
OT Eddie Jordan, eat me.

Talk about your pipe dreams: I want the Jordans to break - both of them - and I want Frentzen to finish in the points.

Of course it's ridiculous. With Frentzen and Alesi in cars they don't know well, tweaked by engineers they just met, either of them doing well would be unlikely - moreso with Frentzen, of course.

I'm just so ticked off that Eddie fired Frentzen like that. Maybe Jordan needed a change...maybe a big rift was forming between Frentzen and the team. But to sign him for another season and then set the guy up like he did was just rude...

Dont get me wrong - I think if anybody on the grid puts his heart and soul into driving, it's Alesi. I'm happy to see Alesi in a car that can show his talents - but not so happy that the cost was Heinz-Harald.

My big, BIG hope is to see Frentzen in the second Toyota seat next year. But then we've seen how happy HHF is in a car that doesn't do well by him.

I hope this isn't the end of the line for Frentzen's career. I enjoy seeing the guy drive when he's enjoying himself and I think he's a class act.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 08-15-2001, 09:27 PM
joeaux

Yep, I'm pissed about it myself. I mean what's up with Eddie? HHF is a great (read magnificant) F1 driver. They guy is good. Here you have Jordan finally getting a good engine (Honda), winning a few races and what does Eddie do? Fire a great driver! I used to have a lot of respect for Jordan, but if he really fired HHF because of some petty personal stuff, well, I'm not for the underdog anymore (although I'm kinda partial to WilliamBMW and Mr. Montoya, not that they are underdogs by any means). As far as Toyota. Done deal. One of my favorite drivers of all time has one of those seats; Mr. Audi R8, Allan McNish. And the other seat is taken by Mika Salo. Now HHF could be the test driver. I've heard that rumor anyway. We'll just have to wait and see.
-joe-
Old 08-16-2001, 07:56 AM

Registered SVX
I'm really looking forward to Toyota's debut next year. They're WAY off the pace right now, I guess, but Car v2.0 is on the way, and I'd guess they'll at least finish races by the beginning of the season. Points finishes? I dunno...hopefully a couple flukes because of what I expect will be great reliability from them.

I don't know anything about McNish. I only recently got Speedvision, so I haven't been able to follow European or even American Le Mans. Therefore, McNish being an unknown in my mind, I'd be perfectly happy if Toyota droped him in favor of Frentzen. McNish has said repeatedly that he believes he has a drive for next year, but *nobody* has confirmed it.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 08-17-2001, 07:28 PM
joeaux

Go to the Toyota F1 website. The drivers have been selected. It's done. McNish is a great driver. Just watch the ALMS or LeMans for the years he drove with Audi. Awesome.
-joe-
Old 08-19-2001, 09:32 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by joeaux
Go to the Toyota F1 website. The drivers have been selected. It's done. McNish is a great driver. Just watch the ALMS or LeMans for the years he drove with Audi. Awesome.
-joe-
Well they have him listed as a driver, yes - my point was that nobody has *confirmed* that McNish WILL be in that second seat. He doesn't have a contract for it.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE