Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Supercharged Projects

Old 02-28-2013, 03:13 PM

Re: New (old?) Idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdWindows View Post
This is what I'm planning on doing, but I'm not sure if there's enough room. I need to go pull one off a dead Buick and do a test fit.

Btw, you have an EG33 swapped Legacy, right? I believe you mentioned that in your looong DIY port polish thread on RS25 (a lot of threads there are 100+ pages ) I read a while ago. I'm helping my friend upgrade his 97 2.5GT and was wondering how much it cost you to swap in the EG33, as it seems to be a more realistic option than a EJ257 swap given his budget.

+1

1800$

But, to do it again knowing what I now know, I could easily do it for 1000$ flat. And even then I'd come out on top .

Yeah, I need to re-make that PnP thread when I get another engine, if you're subscribed to it keep your ears open for a complete re-do of the thread in a few months!
Old 02-28-2013, 03:15 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006eg33 View Post
240 at .050 right?

this intake system is making sense to me.

do you happen to have the stock camshaft specs? advertised duration, duration at .050, lobe seperation angle and lift?

I have been trying to get some one to put a degree wheel on the engine, and do the measurments, but no go.
From the book the timings are at 1mm/0.40".
These diag show the opening/closing, and the point of Max opening/lobe center.
The lifts are 7mm/inlet, 8mm/exhaust.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackWoodsBob View Post
1800$

But, to do it again knowing what I now know, I could easily do it for 1000$ flat. And even then I'd come out on top .

Yeah, I need to re-make that PnP thread when I get another engine, if you're subscribed to it keep your ears open for a complete re-do of the thread in a few months!
If however you buy an SVX for $600 and then part out the car after you pull the motor, your swap will only cost $400 (but if you don't buy a $300 radiator and $80 tach adapter, it's even more reasonable).
Old 02-28-2013, 03:29 PM
5spd + coilovers = win :D

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZCory View Post
If however you buy an SVX for $600 and then part out the car after you pull the motor, your swap will only cost $400 (but if you don't buy a $300 radiator and $80 tach adapter, it's even more reasonable).
That's what my friend suggested, buying a near-dead SVX and pulling everything he needs. I told him if he did that to part the car out afterwards because I'd kill him if he scrapped a perfectly good parts car.
Mods: Power Slot front rotors, polyurethane sway bar bushings, window scratcher fix, SPD hood struts, Outlaw Engineering phenolic spacers, Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar, R-134a conversion, 93 Legacy SS 5 speed swap, Ceika coilovers, ARP head studs

2001 Black Toyota Sequoia (hauler/daily)
1992 Blue Toyota Cressida (drift car)
1992 Red Toyota MR2 (weekend/track day car)
Old 02-28-2013, 03:42 PM

Quote:

kinda my point boy .
And I'm certain I could get more than enough to recoup the loss of buying an svx by parting it out. I have plenty of room to store a car long-term to get the parts off and sent out.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:28 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by oab_au View Post
I have been trying to get some one to put a degree wheel on the engine, and do the measurments, but no go.
I can do that in a few months, if you can explain how.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 02-28-2013, 05:11 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
I can do that in a few months, if you can explain how.
Ok mate your on. I'll do a how to.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:22 PM

so now that we're talking cams and such.
Does anyone other than Bazza have a cam profile that works for FI that will pull to 7k?
Old 02-28-2013, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdWindows View Post
That's what my friend suggested, buying a near-dead SVX and pulling everything he needs. I told him if he did that to part the car out afterwards because I'd kill him if he scrapped a perfectly good parts car.
In my defense though, it was a bit ragged. And I did sell it to someone who was going to turn it into a racecar. So yeah.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:16 PM
5spd + coilovers = win :D

Registered SVX

Quote:
In my defense though, it was a bit ragged. And I did sell it to someone who was going to turn it into a racecar. So yeah.
I found this for $1200: http://pueblo.craigslist.org/cto/3593546568.html
Hopefully it's beat up enough that me and my friend can't feel guilty for gutting it?
Funny thing is I got mine for $1000 (was listed at $1500) and it's in way better condition.

Back on topic now, I was wondering if the Stage 2 chip will work ok for an M90 pushing between 4-8 psi? I've read a bunch on the stage 3 superchargers and a few people said they couldn't get the setup to run well until switching to a Hydra or other standalone.
Mods: Power Slot front rotors, polyurethane sway bar bushings, window scratcher fix, SPD hood struts, Outlaw Engineering phenolic spacers, Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar, R-134a conversion, 93 Legacy SS 5 speed swap, Ceika coilovers, ARP head studs

2001 Black Toyota Sequoia (hauler/daily)
1992 Blue Toyota Cressida (drift car)
1992 Red Toyota MR2 (weekend/track day car)

Last edited by EdWindows; 03-01-2013 at 12:43 AM. Reason: because race car :P
Old 03-20-2013, 11:51 AM

Ok, so I've gotten some feedback from ecutune stage 2 users, they say it works great. So that's what I'm going with (when I get the money).

In the meantime I've already aquired the following:

Eaton M90 from a supercoupe
Eaton M90 from a GTP

I bought the GTP one then found out about the MUCH smaller and better supercoupe one, so I bought one of them too.

Forrester TMIC - which I've already flipped the top "outlets" around now, and they point where I want them to go.

Saab BOV (it's a bosch part that's used as a CBV in several OEM applications, so I'll use it too).

N62 MAF

Got several offers on some purple 370cc injectors

Where I'm stuck though is this: The stock throttle body. Great design if you're running 2 chambers with an IRIS valve. ****ty design if you want to go into a supercharger. Reason being you've got to take the airflow from the single maf, split it into 2 tubes, then combine it back into one inlet. So I'm thinking of replacing it with something a bit more suited to the application.

Current options include aftermarket, or an EZ30 non-DBW one if I can find one that works. I dunno about 3 wire or 4 wire TPS, have NO idea on what to do about the idle controller.

Any suggestions on throttle bodies? Any that will be plug-n-play with the stock ECU?
Old 03-31-2013, 06:48 AM

just a thought, but if you use the supercoupe blower, you could use the throttle body elbow, and use a readily available large aftermarket ford throttle body. the elbow also has the bypass valve

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: