How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 06-12-2001, 03:26 PM
Z-man

Hello! New here

Hello peoples! Been an SVX owner since '98, so I guess it's about time I got involved with an SVX club!!
Got a '92 SVX: pearl white with black top, no wing, bone stock and 70k miles on the odo. Actually, my wife drives it more than me, 'cause it would get me too many tickets!

I did run the SVX at a recent autox for the first time. (I usually take my Toyota MR2, but the forecast called for rain). Racing in an SVX was quite fun! Lots of understeer in the tight corners! Finished 4th in class.

Anyway, I'll be looking to install a better tranny cooler (I'll poke around here for procedures on how to do it), so I don't try the tranny if I race her more! And I may look into tightening up the suspension a bit too.

Looking forward chatting with you all!
-Zoltan.
Old 06-12-2001, 03:46 PM
Lowered SVX

very cool!

hey welcome to the net i am really glad you decided to come over. i run in pca events here in memphis and in fact i am going to an autocross this weekend. if you do a search on racing you will see a post i made about a driver training course i took at the memphis motorsports park. i am installing a b&m tranny cooler this weekend and have already installed the gc springs from dayle at motorsportwarehouse.com and also some koni strut inserts.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 06-12-2001, 05:02 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Welcome Zoltan

Ah, another Pearly -- warms the cockles of an old man's heart.

Yep, it's about time you got involved with a bunch of people crazy enough -- uh -- smitten enough to own SVXes. You've come into the Network as the right time. We've just had a long discussion about tranny coolers. Check the thread and ask as many questions as you need to get the job done. Again -- WELCOME!
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 06-13-2001, 07:13 AM
tat2skullz

Re: Welcome Zoltan

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay
Ah, another Pearly -- warms the cockles of an old man's heart.

Geeez, Aredub.... the guy just got here and you're already talking about your cockles? I guess thats the standard in ken-tuck-eee..

Seth
Old 06-13-2001, 10:06 AM
lightning_8669

no wing

Nice to know I'm not the only wingless one on the board. I enjoy the "pure" lines of the car.

A couple of words of caution: One, Aredub has a sense of humor and I don't . Two, there's a guy named Eddycat who gets upset about spelling errors. The rest of the crew is pretty easy to get along with and there are several other "computer geeks" who visit regular. Me, I'm a manufacturing geek.

Welcome and happy posting
Old 06-13-2001, 10:35 AM
still in love with Hannah

Re: Hello! New here

Hey, another IMOC guy

M Brandt
1996 Legacy Outback-"Gilda" white with brown trim
Old 06-13-2001, 11:11 AM
Lowered SVX

most of us are nice.....

but the really cool thing about this site is most of the advice is good. i have gotten a lot of help already from these guys and my car is in better shape now then when i bought it new.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 06-13-2001, 11:16 AM
lightning_8669

most of the advice is good

I have to agree, I've saved at least a couple of grand because of asking some questions and receiving sound answers.
Old 06-13-2001, 12:30 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

Talking I-YI-YI! Hey Larry!

It's number one hundred.

Sic 'im!

Steve
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 06-13-2001, 12:49 PM
LordLobo

Tux SVX: The only way to fly.
Old 06-13-2001, 01:03 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by LordLobo
Tux SVX: The only way to fly.
Amen. I'll show you mine, if you show me yours! See ya in Rockford!!!
Subaru Ambassador

Old 06-13-2001, 01:24 PM
Lowered SVX

ditto on the see you in rockford....

i think i am leaving friday night, driving halfway, staying with the wife in a hotel, waking up early and finishing the drive, and finally enjoying the rest of the day with some crazy SVXers. wow that sounds tiring but i know it will be well worth the exhaustion. damn i have to hurry up and make my hotel reservations in rockford.
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 06-13-2001, 01:28 PM

Registered SVX
<<i think i am leaving friday night, driving halfway, staying with the wife in a hotel,>>

And who, pray tell, were you considering otherwise?
Subaru Ambassador

Old 06-13-2001, 01:30 PM
Lowered SVX

me....

uh....noone of course.....uh....i love my wife....uh......hell i do love her enough of the kidding around.....the girl is just beautiful!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 06-13-2001, 01:56 PM
Z-man

Re: Re: Hello! New here

Quote:
Originally posted by 249SVX
Hey, another IMOC guy

M Brandt
There's a number of IMOC (International MR2 Owners Club) members that also have an SVX. I guess that's not surprising, since both cars are quite unique.

Quote:
Originally posted by lightning_8669
A couple of words of caution: One, Aredub has a sense of humor and I don't . Two, there's a guy named Eddycat who gets upset about spelling errors. The rest of the crew is pretty easy to get along with and there are several other "computer geeks" who visit regular. Me, I'm a manufacturing geek.
Thanks for the warnings lightning. I'll keep the finger-slips to a minimum for Eddycat... And I was HOPING that Aredub had a sense of humor after his couple of posts in this thread.

TuxSVX: I like that!

RE: Wingless: wasn't '92 the only year that the SVX was available without the rearwing? (93 on it was standard equipment). So that makes the wingless ones even rarer!

BTW: Do you guys see other SVX's on the road often? There's a red one by my work, and another Pearl White one in Wayne, my town. I see them about once a week, as well as a few other 'random' sightings.

Thanks for the welcomes!
-Z.