Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 07-10-2009, 02:32 PM

Re: SVX Ownership off to a tumultuous start...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986nate View Post
I have a few extra lugs. PM me with your info
Thank you very much for your offer. Rojo has already graciously offered.

Just to clarify a bit of context...

I love the car so far. Make no mistake. I have been lurking and poking my head into threads around here for a few months, and this group seems like quite a nice, pretty close knit enthusiast community.

Things like odd lug nuts are puzzling, and broken studs and bolts can get aggravating... and something to talk about day to day...

But I am still very stoked to have one of these unique cars (just hair-width too unique, perhaps ), and am still a bit amazed that I was able to move fast enough, and Roo was gracious enough to handle the seller half of the transaction, and drive the car out here.

I am quite glad to have an SVX, and it has even slightly amended my perception of my Legacy GT, with a bit of alternative Subaru context.

H6 compared to turbo H4... auto compared to manual, the attention to detail that the SVX has, and the more modern features that the Legacy has. My legacy's lowered, tight and under-damped but very direct handling, compared to the SVX's slightly less focused, but more comfortable, easy grand-touring competence.

I can only imagine how fantastic a combination of the best qualities of both would be... And unfortunately Subaru is continuing to limit that to my imagination, by not building a successor to SVX.

I am still quite positive, and will be even more glad when the SVX has it's rear wheel properly attached again.

Thanks again, guys for volunteering.

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.

Last edited by BoxerFanatic; 07-10-2009 at 02:35 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:51 PM

Saving it from the CRUSH is a very great thing , getting to drive it around, another great thing. I would save one from the CRUSH if I could and just park it in my yard! Good work on your part, you know your enjoying that SVX!..................G
94legacywagon"whinny"
84Brat"huey"
92svx"samantha".pearl
92svx"sabastian"4.44 silver
92svx"sabrina".ebony
05legacy gt limited "Moon" blue.
06 Subaru legacy gt limited.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:32 PM

Registered SVX

I feel your pain.
I bought my car, broke the flexplate 2Km from my house
got a new flexplate, put it backtogether, no power to wheels
broke the pump in the transmission putting it back on.
took it apart, but the axel pin got mushroomed in there
tried to drill it out, drill bit (DEWALT) broke off in there
took the axel stud out with axel.
dropped the tranny
took it to a tranny shop
got it back
put it back together
wouldnt start and couldnt figure out for 2 days
IT WAS THE NEUTRAL SAFETY

We should make a story thread of people's first time buying
Old 07-20-2009, 11:46 PM
My Other car is a GENIUS Car!
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manarius View Post
You're just finding all the broken things now. Once you get past that step, you shouldn't have something new broken every other week.

If only that were true...
Old 07-21-2009, 01:15 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamesy View Post
I feel your pain.
I bought my car, broke the flexplate 2Km from my house
got a new flexplate, put it backtogether, no power to wheels
broke the pump in the transmission putting it back on.
took it apart, but the axel pin got mushroomed in there
tried to drill it out, drill bit (DEWALT) broke off in there
took the axel stud out with axel.
dropped the tranny
took it to a tranny shop
got it back
put it back together
wouldnt start and couldnt figure out for 2 days
IT WAS THE NEUTRAL SAFETY

We should make a story thread of people's first time buying
A similar story practically happened to me with my former BMW:
- Took it the shop to fix the AC problem. Thought it only needed to be refilled.
- Ended up changing the condenser, vacuuming the lines, changing a whole lot of things related to it and filling it at the end. An 8 hour job.
- Turned on the car, everything was normal... put it on "D", nothing happened. Tried "1", "2", "3"... nothing happened . Only "R" worked
- Fixed the tranny, two days after... tried to start it, nothing happened. Turned out to be the ECU .
- Fixed the ECU and installed "chips" inside it... nice car for 6 days then a "bobcat" was working in road construction next to my house... I stopped, the driver allowed and asked me to pass behind him while he stopped. As I was doing that, he suddenly reversed into my rear fender. <something happened to him here I don't want to mention. It involved an ambulance at that time>
- Fixed the accident, I was driving in a downhill at 7:00am going to university, when suddenly a very very stupid driver was horizontally blocking the middle of a curb (I dunno if he was trying his handbrake or something and got into that position or his tyres were bad...), I pushed the brakes expecting to stop, heard a pshhhhhhhhhhhhhh and no brakes
Hard T-boned his @ss in the middle of his door... thought I killed him , and I saw a man jumping in the middle of the street. I dunno how he was able to get out from his car, it was the driver and he nearly went crazy. Well he saw death in his eyes, don't blame his actions...
- Insurance, bla bla bla.... fixed the DAMNED Master Brake Cylinder without fixing the front of my BMW. Two days later, I saw the SVX.

Love at first sight... stopped. Spoke with the seller, and made a deal with him for a markup above damaged BMW . That was in 2001 and the passion still lives on to that day.

Just as a sidenote, I WILL NOT GIVE UP MY SVX for any mechanical issue.
The SVX for me is an extremely stylish automobile with simple mechanical details. Everything can be easily fixed in it and after driving a modern car (350z), I should confidently say that all new cars are SH!T.
Nothing looks better than the SVX, nothing looks like an SVX, nothing rides more comfortably as the SVX, etc... I think I am a person stuck with that car for the rest of his life.

And BTW, in my part of the world where the SVX is not a common car, rare are the ones who know about it. When they ask me "what is that?", "It's a Subaru." "Oh really? What year is it?", "it's a 2004... but I've F***ed it up"
How cool is that?

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.