Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Northeast Region

Old 04-12-2004, 06:48 PM
Still a member

Send a message via ICQ to strange179 Send a message via AIM to strange179 Send a message via Yahoo to strange179
re: NH mechanic?

Quote:
Any of you NH guys recommend a mechanic?
Hi Undertaker, Good to see more NH members here. What part of NH are you looking for a mechanic in? I'm over on the eastern side of NH in Rochester. I guess I'd need to know what sort of work you wanted done before I could say if I knew a mechanic who I'd recommend. I do pretty much all of my own work so I don't get a lot of experience with mechanics.
Good to have you here,
Jay

Black '92 LSl 270Kmi 5MT (W00t! for 1/4 million on 4/27/07)
Laguna Blue '94 L about 130Kmi (I think) for parts, in storage
previous: Green '92 LSl 253Kmi 5MT (sold to ron post moose adventure, sold to someone else)
previous: Maroon '92 LSl 130Kmi +- (sold to Ron, mashed by moose, crushed)
Black '89 XT6 5spd AWD (storage)
Old 04-13-2004, 06:46 AM

Re: re: NH mechanic?

Quote:
Originally posted by strange179

Hi Undertaker, Good to see more NH members here. What part of NH are you looking for a mechanic in? I'm over on the eastern side of NH in Rochester. I guess I'd need to know what sort of work you wanted done before I could say if I knew a mechanic who I'd recommend. I do pretty much all of my own work so I don't get a lot of experience with mechanics.
Good to have you here,
Jay
Thank you for replying. I meant in general for repairs as my SVX is a daily commuter and I have things every year that crop up that need reparing and it just get so expensive, and sometimes time-consuming. I would be more comfortable if I knew of a mechanic that knows the SVX intimately and can do repairs properly the first time, without it costing me more than it needs to.

Right now, it sounds like I need my first bearing replacements done, as there is a lot of sound coming from the passenger side rear wheel. I have read that this can be a real problem in the SVX especially for a mechanic who is not familiar with it. I am not very educated on doing repairs myself.

I live in south western New Hampshire (Monadnock Region) and commute to Manchester every day. For a job as important as this I would not mind traveling.

Any help you can offer is appreciated.

thanks.
Old 04-08-2005, 08:04 PM
Back Road Blazer

Send a message via AIM to black beast
Hey man, The guy I go to is good, and he is very nice. He is located in milford, he also owns a speed shop (although it is most likely going to go under . If you want general stuff done he is good, and not too expensive, and he loves the car. If you want speed stuff, he would like the customers but if he goes under, WILD CARD PERFORMANCE in manch (So. Willow) is pretty good
Old 04-24-2005, 12:31 AM
UniqueAngle

If you prefer to go to a Subaru Dealer, Manchester Subaru, on 2nd street does have an SVX Tech on staff that would be happy to work on your car (I bet). Worth checking out.
~Brenda
Old 05-10-2005, 06:00 AM

Mechanic near Portsmouth / Seacoast or Tewksbury?

Hello -
I'm finding that I'm starting to have a bunch of problems and need to find someone good.
I just had the rear bearings done at a garage near me, but just 2 weeks later, they are saying I need to replace my front struts for inspection. But they were unable to even hear the noise I'm hearing in the front right (I suspect bearings again), and also did not have the equipment to read the engine codes to determine why the Check Engine is on (I suspect a coolant temp sensor, as I'm also having starting issues when it's colder).

Getitng the car to Manchester is going to be pretty inconvenient for me right now, so does anyone know anyone near the coast?

Or for that matter, how about Tewksbury, MA? That's where I work.

Thanks in advance!

mblout@comcast.net
Old 05-11-2005, 10:18 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Quote:
Originally Posted by mblout
...and also did not have the equipment to read the engine codes to determine why the Check Engine is on (I suspect a coolant temp sensor, as I'm also having starting issues when it's colder).
Just check the codes yourself. Instructions are in the codes section of http://svx-iw.com/
Old 05-26-2005, 02:37 AM
aka sir_romeo

Send a message via MSN to kuroneko_sama Send a message via Yahoo to kuroneko_sama
Thumbs up NH mechanics

my girlfriend's father is a mechanic and owns a shop in Canaan, his brother has an svx and its often parked in front of the shop, all the work gets done there....mine too

also right off exit 13 (Grantham) on I-89 is mitchell automotive, charlie mitchell is possibly the best, most honest, and helpful mechanic i ever known
Car #26..'97 SVX Silver (120k and climbing)
previous SVXi:
Car #24..'94 SVX Ebony 216k (sold)
car #18..'97 SVX LSI "Ebby" Pearl 175k (sold)
car #19..'97 SVX LSI Brilliant Red 103k (sold)
car #14..'92 SVX Claret LS-L Touring (sold)
car #13..'94 SVX Laguna Blue LS (sold)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: