Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2001, 11:11 AM
British Car Junky

Send a message via AIM to EveryShadeofBlue Send a message via Yahoo to EveryShadeofBlue
Question Thinking of getting another car - talk me out of it!

I don't know if I need a reality check or maybe I would be doing a good thing for myself, but I'm thinking of getting another car. A 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport to be exact. It's not a true GM (I'd never own a real GM), but I am very impressed with it. I like the Euro styling, the comfort, and the seeming solidity and quality of it. While I would prefer a Saab 9-3 Viggen, which I can't afford, I am drawn in by the Catera because it is the last year they are making them and there are dramatic discounts as dealers are trying to unload them. Some people are getting them for almost $10,000 under invoice. So, with a $36,000 sticker price, I can probably get one for $27,000. I may be able to afford that, especially with 0% financing.

While I love my SVX and would probably cry if I got rid of it, the uncertainty and unexpected repairs are killing me. In the last year I've replaced: Transmission, both rear bearings, alternator, A/C hose and condensor, and CV axle. My logic would be "wow, I've fixed everything, nothing else can go wrong!" but I've been wrong before on that before and been burned.

I probably just need a good slap in the face, but if anyone is interested in buying a very well maintained SVX with many new parts, let me know! I MAY part with it

Jeff