Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2004, 05:59 AM
Subaru_Newbie

NX vs ZEX

which is easier to install? either come with purge kit? wet or dry? does either have WOT sensor or is a switch to arm and a button to spray? i would like 2 10 lbs bottles in my trunk with the vent tubes running under the car for saftey, purge kit , electric bottle openers, and heaters... i know its not gonna give you anygain if you use a cone filter in the place of the stock air box but would it be a good idea to get the intake pipe from motorsport warehouse to straighten out the airflow? plus im planning on getting a magnaflow muffler and losing my resonator.... any help would be appreciated
Old 02-11-2004, 11:39 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
zex

i don't know much about it but i am also looking into nitrous for my svx. i do know that the zex kit runs off a tps signal that i guess means a wot signal. therefore allowing it to only spray at a safe rpm. also the zex kit is run by a computer program making it the safest kit on the market, they make a cone filter w/ a nozzle on it, so all you would really have to do is build an airbox. check out my thread "make me faster" someone posted a pic of the filter w/ nozzle.
Old 02-11-2004, 04:42 PM
Subaru_Newbie

only problem with the cone filter is wouldnt it mess up the MAF?
Old 02-11-2004, 05:49 PM
5 speeds rock! :D

The bigger problem with the cone filter is you will loose hp because of the heated air in the engine compartment.

Zex is contoled by a WOT signal. Easy to install, basically automated once complete. They sell all the accessories you are looking for: zex.com

Old 02-11-2004, 07:58 PM
5 speeds rock! :D

The Zex cone filter will screw up the MAF. The dry system installs after the MAF.
Old 02-11-2004, 09:45 PM
Subaru_Newbie

so does the zex computer boost your fuel input so you dont run too lean and start breaking stuff
Old 02-11-2004, 10:02 PM
abrasive personality

Send a message via AIM to NomadTW
the zex kit boosts fuel pressure a lot, running some obscenely rich numbers to make sure that youdont' blow up
zex makes a kit called the zex maximizer kit to let you run off of two bottles, i beleive that they can be daisy chained to run 4 or more bottles if you chose (think vin deseil w/ 4 sneaky petes)
they also make a remote bottle opener, and bottle warmer. i don't believe that any of them come witha purge kit but they're not very expensive, and i also believe that the external vent kit is sold seperately

however, you can find kits with all of these accessories used on ebay for around 500 dollars, a savings of appx 400 dollars over purchasing it all new

as for NX i never checked it out, heard too many bad stories about the n2o staying on after letting off gas and fuel not staying on
i wouldn't trust it
Old 02-11-2004, 10:12 PM
Subaru_Newbie

now it only runs rich while at WOT and system armed correct... ive never messed with nitrous... planning on running 2 10 lbs bottles in my trunk... about what hp shot should i use? ive heard no more than 75
Old 02-11-2004, 10:21 PM
Subaru_Newbie

ok im sticking with zex... now next question... DRy or Wet???? where does the fuel come from for a wet kit?... id prefer dry because it should be easier to install... but if the wet is safer or more reliable i'll do more work for it
Old 02-11-2004, 10:24 PM
Subaru_Newbie

so i would just get a universal kit correct?!
Old 02-11-2004, 10:32 PM
Subaru_Newbie

ok sorry about all the posts i keep coming up with questions... do zex bottles not come with pressure gauges on them??? they offer one so im assuming no... i would definatly want them for safety reasons. i guess i would have to get 2 because i'll be running 2 bottles and i dont think it mounts inline of the ss hose... also i would get an a/f ratio gauge and mount it in my pillar... zex offers an inline booster fuel pump... nescessary or just an add on?
Old 02-11-2004, 11:46 PM
abrasive personality

Send a message via AIM to NomadTW
i would recomend you do a search, ther'es actually a thread all about the zex that's aroudn 4 pages long ont he second page of this forum it answers all your questions