Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Other Mods

Old 02-28-2008, 04:51 PM
Looks and smells great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruSVXCrazy View Post
How bout modding the 91-96 grille. Maby light tint. There was a thread on here but I cant find it. They said that it only looked tinted at certain angles. Or maby lighting it up.
I know there's a thread on lighting the grill (seemingly more love/hate and controversy than clearing the diffusor for the rear lights!), I'll have to look when I get home and see if it can be done for <$100. Personally, I think it looks pretty slick.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:24 PM
Looks and smells great.

01. Front and rear swaybar bushings LINK TO THREAD
02. Rear swaybar end (stabilizer link) bushings (OT) INSTRUCTIONS
03. fifteen minute / $15.00 mod (OT) INSTRUCTIONS
04. Alternator wiring mod (updated) UPDATED INSTRUCTIONS POST 5
05. Rear Camber Bolts
06. Transmission Filter (Summit Racing)
07. 9005 headlight mod (okay, so they're not OT's HIDs....) INSTRUCTIONS IN POST 15
08. Transmission Resistor Replacement (OT)
09. Filled Transmission mount
10. Filled "dog bone" mount
11. Debadging your tailbar Thread Here
12. Power Mode Switch Thread
13. Stop sunvisor drooping for <$2 How To
14. Poor-man's reinforced brake linesThread
15. Alcyone hood ornament
16. Lighted grille (arguably)Thread 1 Thread 2 Pic

The jury is still out on whether or not the lighted grille is under $100. Post #35 in the first thread claims it can be done for under $100, though there are no extensive "How To's" as of yet.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:18 PM
Collision Refinishing Tech

Registered SVX
Changing interior light colors is less than $100
Mods:AWD conversion/4.44 swap by Budfreak, Custom red interior lights, Custom Satin black dash, Power mode switch, Cold air intake, Permecool tranny filter,Sony xplode 10" sub, Sony xplode 1000w amp, Blitz in-line driver, DDM Tuning 6000k HID's, New paint job/body work by me, 97' Grill, QC shift kit, 17'' MB Motoring rims, 15&20 min mod, front & rear urethane swaybar bushings, Custom fiberglass sub box, Custom red led a/c control unit, perrin lightweight crank pulley, Black wrinkle finish powdercoated intake manifold w/ clear hoses , 02' outback heated/power black leather seats
Soon to come:Fiberglass hood, upholster ALL suede to black leather
Past subies:

92' Pearl White/black top LS-L-SOLD
96' Legacy Outback-TOTALED
99' Legacy Outback Limited 30th anniversary edition-TOTALED
98' Forester L -Totaled
Other toys:
99' Forester S -WRX brake upgrade, soon an 04 wrx motor swap
06' B9 Tribeca-Stock
1982' Yamaha xj650 Maxim
Mods:
work in progress
Old 02-29-2008, 05:29 PM
Looks and smells great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlightningsvx View Post
Changing interior light colors is less than $100
I couldn't find a thread; is there one for this? I'll add it either way, but linkys are always nice!
Old 03-18-2008, 02:06 PM
Looks and smells great.

Added two more from Itsjusteric in the thread in Tech Q&A.
1992 LSL Pearlie: 108k, 15min/$15 mod, Alternator wiring "upgrade," Power Mode switch, K&N drop-in, 4500k 35w low-beam HIDs, 3000k 35w fog HIDs, lots more planned (pending funds, of course)- 4.44 5spd being at the top of the list.
"We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
-C.S. Lewis
Old 03-19-2008, 01:54 PM
Finally HAS a 3rd pedal!!

Send a message via AIM to ridered777 Send a message via MSN to ridered777 Send a message via Yahoo to ridered777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandar View Post
I couldn't find a thread; is there one for this? I'll add it either way, but linkys are always nice!
I know of two of them. here and here

I book-marked em a while ago because I want to do it.

94 LSi 5spd Barcelona Red, 14Xk miles.

Full custom exhaust (Stebro cat-back, custom rest of the way forward) 8000K HID kit from Tom (SVXfiles), Energy Suspension front sway bar bushings, Non-Droopy visors, Race Concepts C/D + Dimpled Rotors, Axxis Ultimate pads,SS brake lines, Bontrager Works #009 (or something like that), stripped interior.

(up next) Full cage, fuel cell, 327 swap
Old 03-19-2008, 04:24 PM
Looks and smells great.

Interior lighting mods added! Now if only I could go blue in CO without the fuzz hassling me . . .
1992 LSL Pearlie: 108k, 15min/$15 mod, Alternator wiring "upgrade," Power Mode switch, K&N drop-in, 4500k 35w low-beam HIDs, 3000k 35w fog HIDs, lots more planned (pending funds, of course)- 4.44 5spd being at the top of the list.
-C.S. Lewis
Old 03-22-2008, 03:22 PM

u stole my thread! and give me no credit for making the idea!!
Old 03-22-2008, 04:08 PM
Finally HAS a 3rd pedal!!

Send a message via AIM to ridered777 Send a message via MSN to ridered777 Send a message via Yahoo to ridered777
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisen_15 View Post

I see "redlightingsvx" as the one thread author, and "letitsnow" as the other.

In addition, threads on the internet are just that - public property on the internet, anyone can view or link to them.

94 LSi 5spd Barcelona Red, 14Xk miles.

Full custom exhaust (Stebro cat-back, custom rest of the way forward) 8000K HID kit from Tom (SVXfiles), Energy Suspension front sway bar bushings, Non-Droopy visors, Race Concepts C/D + Dimpled Rotors, Axxis Ultimate pads,SS brake lines, Bontrager Works #009 (or something like that), stripped interior.

(up next) Full cage, fuel cell, 327 swap
Old 03-22-2008, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandar View Post
This was posted under "Technical Q & A," thought it would go better here. Add your cheap mods for us po' SVXers!.
see, heres mine that was in the technical, http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41253 , a mod could just move it i guess
Old 03-22-2008, 07:59 PM
Still Cant' Say the Z-Word

Send a message via AIM to LetItSnow
Registered SVX
Quote:
I don't wanna start a boxing match, but interior color changes have been around for a good long while...
Old 03-22-2008, 08:46 PM

im not trying to act like a prick or be retarted here but we dont need another thread of the EXACT same thing.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:30 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
You are both in error.

Cruisen 15 had the idea first, started the thread, and it evolved into a nice idea with links to How-tos. However, as it involves mods, it should always have been in the Mod forum from the beginning.

Zandar copied over the idea to the Mod forum, and let it run. However, he also was in error as there is actually a rule here that threads should not be multiplied, but continued on from before if a previous thread exists.

Which it obviously did.

What we can do here is connect the two threads into one, and delete the original from the Technical forum. I think that's what we should do.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 03-24-2008, 07:02 PM
Looks and smells great.

Exclamation Um, okay . . .

Yes, the original thread was cruisen_15's. Check the first post, wherein I intoned, "This was posted under "Technical Q & A," thought it would go better here." Admittedly, I neglected the forum posting rule prohibiting thread repost.

As for the rest, I'm so so so so sorry I didn't source cite for t3h int3rw3bz post. I do surely hope that the copyright franchise board doesn't revoke my posting license, and I vow that all future proceeds from this thread will go straight to cruisen_15 .

Honestly, and all sarcasm aside, I find this forum a great and useful source of information about a car I have come to adore. I haven't come up with a single idea in this thread, and the only reason I posted it was to promote and promulgate cost-effective enhancements for our beautiful rides.

That being said, I suppose I could include a "credits" section in the interest of utter ridiculousness; but then, of course, I would have to include every poster who has had an idea in this thread, everyone who showed them how to do what they can do, the founder for making the site, the original site designers, the web host, the MS font developers, the electric company, the best boy and rigging gaffer, the founders of the Indo-European tongue and all subsequent language contributers leading up to English, and, naturally, Al Gore for giving us the internet.

If a mod wants to change the name on post 1 to cruisen_15, I really couldn't care less. I don't see how I can "steal" any credit in this thread as I admit to simply reposting a post about other people's ideas and then maintaining it.
-C.S. Lewis
Old 03-24-2008, 07:05 PM
Looks and smells great.

Quote:
im not trying to act like a prick or be retarted here but we dont need another thread of the EXACT same thing.
Dude, um . . . I don't know how to say this without being insulting . . . it's spelled "retarded." Sorry, I can't help but point out blatant irony when it stares me in the face.

Maybe you just meant that you were once very sour, then sweetened, and are now sour again. Okay, /spellingpoliceoff.
-C.S. Lewis