Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Proven Engine Enhancements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2008, 08:21 AM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX
I am quite sure Tom went ahead this time and purchased black couplers/reducers, instead of blue this time around.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:06 AM
Back Road Blazer

Send a message via AIM to black beast
I rather have blue...

matches my other one that way...
'94 ebony pearl, with orange "silicone" hoses, painted beauty cover, Tom's Intake, Dayles Cold air intake; with HKS mega suction foam air filter, 3in header back exhaust, STI ground wires, euro front fascia, euro front grill, reactive 17in wheels, Nitto Invo's, Drilled and slotted rotors, stainless break lines, Koni strut inserts, Drop springs, 5MT, shotshifter, Clutchmasters clutch, ACT prolite flywheel, EL Glow gauges, The ECUTune stage 2. To Do: Cams, port and polish, etc.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:46 PM
do da stanky leggggg!

Send a message via AIM to apocalixto
still wondering what to do..

MB Quart components and 6x9s, Autotek "Mean Machine" Amplifier, Pioneer D3 Touch Screen Nav/DVD/CD/iPod, 4 10" PowerBass 2XL Subs, Powerbass XA-3000D Monoblock Amp
Flowmaster exhaust, MP 6000K HID w/ clear lenses and '97 style grille, Carbon Fiber Hood w/ scoop (recently painted), 17" Sport Max rims (gunmetal w/ chrome lip), Ground Control Coilovers, Motorsport Crank Pulley, and Green Filter, ARP head studs, GroupN Engine mounts
4.44 AWD swap w/ Quick Change
Old 03-26-2008, 04:51 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
Well, Im not 100% sure if we have supplies for more than the 5 we had on the sighnup list...if it turns out we do, all that would be needed is the 50% deposit mentioned earlier in this thread. if not, you may have to wait untill we make the next batch. Ill have a look at what we have on the shelf and send you a PM tomorrow
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 03-30-2008, 02:59 PM
Back Road Blazer

Waiting Stinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
'94 ebony pearl, with orange "silicone" hoses, painted beauty cover, Tom's Intake, Dayles Cold air intake; with HKS mega suction foam air filter, 3in header back exhaust, STI ground wires, euro front fascia, euro front grill, reactive 17in wheels, Nitto Invo's, Drilled and slotted rotors, stainless break lines, Koni strut inserts, Drop springs, 5MT, shotshifter, Clutchmasters clutch, ACT prolite flywheel, EL Glow gauges, The ECUTune stage 2. To Do: Cams, port and polish, etc.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:21 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
This is the list with particulars that I have as of now

1. immortalsubie- Intake
2. SVXBart- Intake w/ HKS CAI
3. Mission- Intake
4. Black Beast- Intake
5. Dragoontwo- Intake w/ Green CAI
6. Christian96- Intake w/ HKS CAI
7. Apocalixto- Intake w/ HKS CAI

7 slots are taken and I am ordering the CAI components now as intake production began yesterday. We are aiming for most of them to be completed by the end of the week but not making promises as of yet. Thanks for your patience

Tom

Last edited by TomsSVX; 04-01-2008 at 03:13 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:30 PM
do da stanky leggggg!

add me to the list.

MB Quart components and 6x9s, Autotek "Mean Machine" Amplifier, Pioneer D3 Touch Screen Nav/DVD/CD/iPod, 4 10" PowerBass 2XL Subs, Powerbass XA-3000D Monoblock Amp
Flowmaster exhaust, MP 6000K HID w/ clear lenses and '97 style grille, Carbon Fiber Hood w/ scoop (recently painted), 17" Sport Max rims (gunmetal w/ chrome lip), Ground Control Coilovers, Motorsport Crank Pulley, and Green Filter, ARP head studs, GroupN Engine mounts
Old 04-01-2008, 02:49 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Question Tom... If one were to purchase this intake, then take it to the dyno (essentially to do the same thing that I did with the ECUTune chip) would you have to wait for the ECU to learn it's way around the intake? Or would you expect it to be an instant gain in power? I have been looking at it alittle more and more and I really want to be above 200whp and 200wtq this Autocross season... Just wondering if (judging from my dyno plots in the ECUTune thread) you think it is possible with your intake?

Thanks man

~ Chris

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 04-01-2008, 03:12 PM
Maniac modifier

Chris, the dyno charts for the intake provided were not only the same day, but back to back to eachother. I would hope if you were making 191wheel that you would see 200 but without having an engine dynoed with the intake sans my old cams I could not promise anything. I don't make false promises, so this is not one I will allot to you.

Tom
Old 04-01-2008, 03:14 PM
Maniac modifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalixto View Post
add me to the list.
You got it...

Tom
Old 04-01-2008, 03:15 PM
do da stanky leggggg!

when do u expect they will be done? and when do u want payment?
and mine is going to be the one with the hks cai, right?

Old 04-01-2008, 03:18 PM
Maniac modifier

hoping they are done by the end of the week. I have 4 primaries done right now, by the end of the day, I am hoping to finish all 7. This means I can spend most of my day tomorrow tig welding them. Then it is welding them to the collectors and adding vacuum fittings, then paint. These will be different from the old batch in that I will be welding the fittings to use the stock vacuum hose locations rather than adding all new hoses. The CAI may take a little longer in order for me to get the parts here and then have the tubing done

Tom
Old 04-01-2008, 03:39 PM

Registered SVX
Awesome! Thanks for the update.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:05 PM
Back Road Blazer

So you have 4 done? cool! So Thursday we should send the rest of the money?
Old 04-01-2008, 05:19 PM
Maniac modifier

don't get so excited yet, Depending on when I can get a new bottle of argon here will determine their final completion. Right now I have all 7 primaries tacked, they will be fully tigged tomorrow. Thats all for now.

Tom