How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2009, 04:19 PM

Re: Buyer Beware - Read this thread before buying on ebay or here

Limited but excellent experience with Budfreak here.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:35 PM
Sold. :'-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2daniel1981 View Post
Where did you ever mention a gauge friend? (EDIT: I see you added it now) I'm not saying what you said isn't true, guy, just trying to weed out any typos or incorrect information for future people before dealing with him, buddy. And as long as it isn't vulgar don't worry about what I call you, it means nothing.

I'd be really interested in the results of an IP check of your username.

Wondering, too, when I was so careful with being polite in my wording why your obvious trolling is being tolerated.
Raxles front axles
Old 04-09-2009, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Blue View Post
I'd be really interested in the results of an IP check of your username.

Wondering, too, when I was so careful with being polite in my wording why your obvious trolling is being tolerated.
This thread is suppossed to be about scammers and when I question some things you say to make sure what you say is true about a scammer and suddenly you go on a rampage? What is your problem pal?
Speaking of trolling that's all you've been doing since I made that post questioning something that you said, I question a statement you make and suddenly I'm a troll because I call you by what is a term of common usage for another person? I call my customers pal, buddy, friend, guy, etc and not once has anyone even showed a sign of being even slightly offended and I see over 100 people a day at my store. I am going to be the bigger one and not go on with you about this, but check my IP and you'll see I'm legit. In fact Earl even called me on the phone to verify who I was. As far as I'm concerned, until you get all your "typos" sorted out, I'm done with you about this Michael.

Last edited by y2daniel1981; 04-09-2009 at 05:26 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:30 PM

Well, if you're not him, I'm sure Jason appreciates your attacking me, since he's no longer here to do it himself. Your response to ANY negativity about him reminds me exactly of why he is no longer here.

"The high road" as you put it was all the extra detail and commentary I left out of my original post. If you wish to open that can of worms, let me know. I should have sued your friend's ass off for ripping me off for THOUSANDS of dollars with work my drunk, retarded neighbor could have done better. At least he'd be in jail for tax evasion and drug abuse if nothing else, instead of continuing to rip people off and having his cronies troll the boards looking for any truth about his work.

Glad "you're done with me". I was scared you might catch me in doing something wrong, or...Something. Sheesh.

Don't let the door hit you...

~M
Raxles front axles
Old 04-09-2009, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Blue View Post
Well, if you're not him, I'm sure Jason appreciates your attacking me, since he's no longer here to do it himself. Your response to ANY negativity about him reminds me exactly of why he is no longer here.

"The high road" as you put it was all the extra detail and commentary I left out of my original post. If you wish to open that can of worms, let me know. I should have sued your friend's ass off for ripping me off for THOUSANDS of dollars with work my drunk, retarded neighbor could have done better. At least he'd be in jail for tax evasion and drug abuse if nothing else, instead of continuing to rip people off and having his cronies troll the boards looking for any truth about his work.

Glad "you're done with me". I was scared you might catch me in doing something wrong, or...Something. Sheesh.

Don't let the door hit you...

~M
Ok maybe I'm not as done as I thought I'd be because I have to add this:

Defending him no, because I dont even know the guy. I just wanted to know the facts because you had a few typos that weren't adding up and I was just asking for clarification and suddenly it is like you believe I'm his defense attorny in the court of subaru Oh and you say you should sue him for bad work, then why don't you? Your statute of limitations is probably almost up (if not already.) But then you'll need to show proof of how much it costs to fix his mistakes, but it seems like you've been driving around for 2 years with these problems and taking it to get quotes on getting it fixed, but did you actually get them fixed or are you still driving with the problems? If you haven't fixed them it could hurt your case. Just saying...dang I really wanted to stay out of this. And come to think about, I guess I do know budfreak at least somewhat since I bought a quick change off of him and it was delievered dang fast, but that's the only experience I've had with him and his business. Dang I didn't want to get involved and here I am pulled into the middle of it. Just trying to get the facts man.

Edit: I also do not agree with him creating a bashing thread about you or anyone; or anyone having a bashing thread dedicated to anyone else.

Last edited by y2daniel1981; 04-09-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:30 PM

Kenny Snead

Stay away from kenny snead (darksideperformance@hotmail.com) He scammed me out of $175 for a megasquirt on probe-enthusiast.com. Never sent the unit then said he'd trade me some turbos for it instead. Never sent the turbos and said his father had cashed the money instead because he thought it was for him since they are Senior and Junior. After I said no to the turbo offer and I wanted either the MS or my money back he disappeared.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:59 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX

Michael

You are burning up a lot of good-will vouchers here.

Y2D

You have a low post count. Your provenance needs to be checked. State your case but be advised don't get personal.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl

Last edited by svxistentialist; 04-10-2009 at 06:59 AM.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:07 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Kenny Snead

Michael Blue, I read through some of your threads and came across a stalling thread you made talking about all your troubles..

Found here: posted 8/13/2007
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...ighlight=trans

And then came across a F/S thread you made: posted 9/21/2007

Found here:
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40859

No real issue for me with any of you guys, I keep quiet pretty much on any board I'm a member of, but in your F/S thread you don't mention there being any issues with your SVX aside from the "stalling" issue. Was it your intent to rip someone off? Cause after that thread and you kept your car you went on again about numerous problems up into late 2008 / early 2009.

I don't know you but that makes it sound like you were trying to unload on someone, and to me makes what you say useless as feedback.

I have never had any one person on here perform a service for me but all those that I have ordered parts from (especially Mike and Jason) have been great to deal with. There will always be 1 bad apple in every bunch but all of the guys on this forum and the other seem to have a very good track record and I would love the oppportunity to have them work on my SVX and save me the trouble of getting dirty again lol.

I don't EVER like to stir up trouble but this kind of stuff is a good witness of charactor, especially in your f/s thread where you are sure to forget any other issues there might have been, but make sure you add "AS IS".

I hope threads like this stay short and everyone has POSITIVE experiences with those who choose to offer parts and services.

-Mike

Last edited by SuberNatural; 04-09-2009 at 07:09 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-09-2009, 07:08 PM
6MT STi-ified, now with R180!

Send a message via ICQ to Nemesis Destiny Send a message via MSN to Nemesis Destiny

This whole back-and-forth strikes me as fairly childish.

I understand - there was bad blood on this forum with respect to Mr. Budfreak, possibly with good reason - but I thought we were past all that nonsense. What is the point of dredging it up all over again? Can we please put this to rest, once and for all?

At the end of the day, feelings are going to be hurt and bans will likely need issuance again, and let's face it - nobody wants it to come to that.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, "can't we all just get along?"
1992 LS-L Touring, Liquid Silver w/ Black, 110k mi. "Alice." Rebuilt title. Mods: WRX 6-CD changer, 17x8" Motegi LC-12 (16.5lbs), PWR rad, Perrin LCP, JDM v.8 6MT + R180, Koni + Ground Control (325f/280r), Earthworm Bushings. Awaiting resto.
1994 LSI The legendary "Shotgun Slade" 110k mi and still going strong!

2005 Outback XT Limited 5MT, Obsidian Black Pearl, 211k km, daily driver.
1999 Mazda MX5 base 5MT, Twilight Blue Metallic, 152k km. "Twilight Sparkle" Summer daily driver!
2007 Honda CR-V, some awful shade of light green *yawn*

1992 LS-L Touring, Ebony Mica, 176k kms. Parts car. SCRAPPED.
1992 LS-L, Dark Teal, 367k km. "Wintergreen" the winter beater.*SCRAPPED due to rust*
Old 04-09-2009, 07:40 PM
Betcha can't buy just one!
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to ensteele Send a message via Yahoo to ensteele Send a message via Skype™ to ensteele
Registered SVX Classic SVX

Yes, lets get along. I know that we all want to save someone from getting ripped off, but lets not get personal about it. Thanks for your cooperation.

Subaru Ambassador

[COLOR=”silver”]1992 Tri Color L[/COLOR] ~45K (06/91) #2430
1992 Dark Teal LS-L ~184K (05/91) #0739
1992 Claret LS-L ~196K (05/91) #0831
1992 Pearl LS-L ~103K (06/91) #1680
1992 Pearl LS-L ~151K (06/91) #2229
1992 Dark Teal LS ~150K (07/91) #3098 (parts car)
1992 White LS-L ~139K (08/92) #6913
1993 25th AE ~98K (02/93) #164
1993 25th AE ~58K (02/93) #176
1993 25th AE ~107K (02/93) #215
1993 25th AE ~162K (02/93) #223
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~124K (1/94) #2408
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~144K (10/93) #1484
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~68K (10/93) #1525
1994 Barcelona Red LSi ~46K (02/94) #2624
1994 Pearl LSi ~41K (12/93) #1961
1995 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~70K (02/95) #855
1996 Polo Green LSi ~95K (03/96) #872
1997 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~55K (08/96) #097
2003 Brilliant Red LS1 Convertible ~29K (04/03) #8951
1999 Magnetic Red LS1 Coupe ~33K (04/99) #6420

My Email | Old Locker | New Locker | Picture of 15 of the 19
Old 04-09-2009, 08:04 PM

Supernatural, I have run into - and fixed - various issues over the ownership of this car. Not unusual given the age and mileage of these cars - and the fact that mine has sat in a non-drivable situation for months at a time more than once. I recently had a bad coil and it took over 3 weeks to have a replacement shipped, so it sat again. Driving it tonight, it appears my power steering pump may be leaking a little and of course the brakes need scrubbed, again.

When I posted the "for sale" thread, all issues (except whatever I noted in that thread) were taken care of at that time. I have since run into other issues, as we all do.

I didn't post my experience again in order to cause trouble; I stated very clearly the reasons why I was posting, and was very careful to stick to the facts. What I don't appreciate is being flamed for saying anything against someone who took me for serious amounts of cash. I likewise do not appreciate the insinuation that I was making anything up, or trying to pass a bad car off to anyone when my car was listed for sale. I have never made any claim that my car was "perfect". Supernatural; unless you have a 3rd party warranty company backing up your sale; don't EVER forget to put "as is" on ANY sale. This society is too litigious as it is, and that's part of the reason I never went after Jason for damages.

I'm done with this situation; I posted what needed to be posted, hopefully the people PMing and emailing me about my experience with Jason can read it and stop asking me for more detail. If he's contacting people on this board trying to drum up more business, they deserve to know how I was treated. That doesn't mean a lot of other people (particularly those who just bought a simple part of him, give me a break, how does that even compare?!) had acceptable experiences with him. It only means he decided for whatever reason to really slack off on my car and to try to take me for a ride.

Mods, thanks for this thread; it's a much needed service. Moderating it has to be a nightmare.

~M
Raxles front axles
Old 04-09-2009, 08:15 PM

Kenny Snead

Can a mod please delete my post (#501) about Kenny Snead, I'm afraid it may have got lost in the shuffle and I want people to do informed about him.

Stay away from kenny snead (darksideperformance@hotmail.com) He scammed me out of $175 for a megasquirt on probe-enthusiast.com. Never sent the unit then said he'd trade me some turbos for it instead. Never sent the turbos and said his father had cashed the money instead because he thought it was for him since they are Senior and Junior. After I said no to the turbo offer and I wanted either the MS or my money back he disappeared.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:17 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Kenny Snead

y2daniel, added your post to the beware post in the beginning of the thread.
Thanks
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:19 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
ChicoSVX - Has appeared to rip off a few members of the site, including myself and Oregondave

Paypal'd him $200 a month ago, said he shipped the parts ~20 days ago, nothing. No emails returned, no tracking number.
Added to beware post at start of thread
Thanks!
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:43 AM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Subar...1%7C240%3A1318

This car has been repainted by Maaco and was originally black, which he tries to hide in the engine bay shot, covered in shadow. The front end is all misaligned from a collision repair gone wrong. STAY AWAY! I saw this car in person some time ago and it doesn't look to have changed much.