How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 07-20-2011, 04:59 PM

Registered SVX
problem with getting timing belt off ebay

so far ive bought and been refunded for 4 gates timing belts where they have taken my payment then refunded it days later saying they are out of stock , why the f%#k do they list their s#%t on ebay if they dont have any of them . for it to happen once thats not so bad , twice thats a little weird ,three times is getting out of hand, but four times wtf'ing f....
and to top it off ebay (or they) wont let me send them a msg to ask why their listings are on there if they dont actually have any
this time im trying to get a contitec one see if they do the same f'ing thing
anyone else have similar problems with ebay s#@t ?
Old 07-20-2011, 05:33 PM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
Re: problem with getting timing belt off ebay

It's been over a year since I got one, but never had any problems.

I wonder if they see the "ship to Aus" and they suddenly "run out". Many large EBay sellers aren't know for going out of the way for a sale.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:07 PM

Registered SVX

oh ok , well one of them offered to send me a continental one
its being shipped to nate so i don't think that's the case
yeah true , it might also be because i'm buying it but having it shipped to nate instead of me but i explained that in the add comments section when i paid for it
Old 07-21-2011, 03:57 AM

Registered SVX

Can't you file a complaint with ebay for him listing items he does not have?

I went through this around Christmas time with a MLB NY Yankee toaster. Guy listed as having more than 10, buy it now.
Two weeks later, a week after the to be delivered date, he sent a message saying sorry I don't have any toasters, but ill credit you at my ebay store to buy another item.
I said no, I want a refund. It took him 3 more weeks to refund my paypal.
He said it was due to the large amount of refunds he had to process because his toaster distributor failed to deliver the toasters he didn't have that he sold..
After I got my refund I filed a complaint with ebay. They sent me a letter saying that listing an item that that you do not have is a breach of TOS and that his account will be shutdown.

The only reason I tried to buy this toaster on ebay was for a present.
Bob's stores was selling them dirt cheap, but ran out and couldn't get more from the distributor before christmas.
This guy said he had 10, so I bought 1, but it was January before I even got my refund, and my friends dad got no toaster...
Old 07-21-2011, 12:29 PM

I think some of the eBay people's "business" is selling things they never have had. It is a scam that allows them to get money up front for whatever they want to spend it on and then later they sell things that they "don't have" to get more money to pay the previous bill for the stuff they sold that they never had. Sort of a "money recycling business".

If eBay closes them down, they can simply come in under a new name and start the process all over again.

With the internet the "worlds oldest profession" has really been expanded nowadays... We can't be too careful!

Keith
Old 07-21-2011, 01:05 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aust92pearl View Post
oh ok , well one of them offered to send me a continental one
I have tons of problems getting things shipped here from the UK for the simple fact that they think we're all sue happy, blame anyone but yourself for your problems. Then again, there are a few members here who definately fall into that catagory so I can't entirely blame them for not being willing to take on the liability for peanuts. Have used a middle man plenty of times but have always had them pay for the items so as not to give the seller the impression of a scam. Sadly, I do see more and more auto parts superstores selling on fleabay and many of them are just listing a product in the catalog rather than an in stock item they want to unload. Might be worth sending an email before you hit the buy it now or even bid. Can't Nate just run down to his local autoparts shop and order one?
Old 07-21-2011, 06:18 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post
I do see more and more auto parts superstores selling on fleabay and many of them are just listing a product in the catalog rather than an in stock item they want to unload. Might be worth sending an email before you hit the buy it now or even bid. Can't Nate just run down to his local autoparts shop and order one?
yeah that's true , i realized i misread one email twice and thought it was two sellers so one seller didn't respond at all, one sent me (nate) a gates belt , and one emailed me and offered to send me a continental one . plus i had bought a contitech one as well before i got the email offering to send me the continental one , so i'l have 3 now

yeah he probably could have but i thought it would have been easier this way
plus i bought a tensioner as well .

i went to my local auto parts store to inquire about the price of a t/b here
$153.18 and there was 2 left in the country