Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 01-22-2004, 06:01 PM
6evil9

are you talking about part # 22630AA041?

just to make sure...
Old 01-23-2004, 06:19 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Quote:
Originally posted by 6evil9
are you talking about part # 22630AA041?

just to make sure...
That's the correct one.
Old 01-23-2004, 11:07 PM
Hater

Quote:
so did u have anything unusual or just changed the temp sensor?
i'm not sure what you mean by 'have anything unusual', but i was just replacing the temp sensor and t-stat as routine maintenance, not really thinking it would solve the problem. i was convinced i needed to clean the IAC valve, but the problem was gone after that.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 02-08-2004, 03:41 PM
gamblergw

rough idle

Quote:
sorry for beeing out for a while...

ok what i think is that even if u have similar symptoms we mite have different problems

Matt have u tried to see if its ur cyllinder misfiring or whole petrol system is bad? (same as i did)

which i advise to everyone. as: if u find out that it s ur cyllinder misfiring then changing MAF, O2, TPS, temp sensor and all that is just waste of money

otherwise if its the whole system and not one of cyllinders, then changing coil packs and sparks, fuel injectors is waste of time and money.

so save both and spend 10 minutes for that. Seems as though we all have the same problem.. There should be some mech. that knows what this idle problem is.. James scott tried allmost everything with no luck.. .Mine now is hard to start cold but runs rough after warm. With mt climate control on it runs fine.. ... Jim

seems like its not my case. i tried to leave the car to idle till it gets warm and it was starting to jerk. So maybe u r right about ur coil... but again do what i said before and find what cyllinder it is...

anyways if u want more help pm me..

c u for now
Old 02-09-2004, 07:15 PM
greg

Me too!

I have had the same cold weather problem:

1.) If the car is left to idle until it the engine is warm there is never a problem.
2.) If I add fuel injector cleaner, octane boost or some other additive, once again, there is no problem, even without letting the engine warm up.
3.) If neither of the above, the engine will run for a short time with no problems. After the hand on the temp. reaches about 3/4 to the regular warm posistion the car starts to shake like it is missing a cylinder or something. If I let off the gas or have to stop the engine always stalls out. It is very hard to re-start. When it finally starts it idles rough until the temp. hand reaches the perfect, and as I've noticed never fluctuating, running temp. there is never more any sign of a problem until the engine gets completely cold again. If the engine is cold but not completely cold there is no problem.

As i continue to use the fuel additives I do not have the problem, so i just add a little more to the already rape that I get at the pumps...

I would love to fix this problem too. I have been following closely to these threads to see if anyone finds a fool proof method to fix this problem...

~G <eyes peeled awaiting fix>
Old 02-11-2004, 01:04 AM
The Molinator

Exclamation ANOTHER ONE OF "US"!

Welcome home bro!

I know alot of us who speak of this similar intermittent rough idle problem . . . . . . . . . . . . I know of noone who's found THE cure!

The fuel treatment cleaners and octane boosters seem to be the closest to a cure for me too! [But, I have no idea WHY!]

WE MUST ALL KEEP IN TOUCH ON THIS TOPIC UNTIL IT IS AT LEAST IDENTIFIED, IF NOT SOLVED! We should have a meet. Not at Reading, PA, but Yosemite, CA. Where we could all get together and whine about this ridiculous and annoying undiagnosable irritation! If we can't figure it out together, we could just go rock climbing on the face of El Capitan (WITHOUT ROPES)! LOL!

2013 Veloster Red - Driver Now??Dropsprings [1/2" rear, 1" front] with Koni Strut Inserts> Magnaflow Exhaust System> ECUTune Stage 1av1 Upgrade (from 1v4)> ECUTune TCU MOD> Aluminum Crankshaft Pulley> Stainless Brake Lines> Phenolic Spacers> Perforated Brake Rotors (dint like, OEM now)> SmallCar Shift Kit (resting since TCU MOD)> 7-Position Ground System> High-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulator (resting)> ATF Cooler & Campaign Filter> Yellow Polish Polyurethane Bushings> Pioneer Double-DIN Stereo with JL AUDIO Speakers> Driveshaft Rebuilt with C-Clip U-Joints> 15 Min MOD> 20 Min MOD .. . (2011)
Valentine One Radar Detector with Remote Display - ucan'tseeme!

Last edited by James Scott; 02-11-2004 at 01:06 AM.
Old 02-11-2004, 11:28 AM
gamblergw

Ca. meet

I agree with james scott. The Calif. meet would be great.. Thanks Jim for the help on the temp sensor.. It seems as throegh a lot of us are having the idle problem.. Some day maybe we will find the problem....Jim Stanley in Mesa, AZ.
Old 02-13-2004, 04:06 PM
gamblergw

rough odle

I found that if i turn on my climate control that it increases my RPM s by about 3 to 4 hundred (does not matter if heat or air) It smooths my idle. If i turn it off my idle
goes to he.. again.... So i have my climate control set at at 72 degrees and leave it on at all times. ....Jim