Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2004, 02:38 AM
jklmnopqrst

28 mpg?

I recently drove my SVX a total of 760 miles from Moscow, Idaho to Nelson, British Columbia and I averaged a remarkable 28 miles per gallon on the way up there. 28 MILES PER GALLON!! You also have to factor in that I had 4 people in the car and a trunk full of luggage. That's about a 650 pound load. Also, I know how to calculate the gas mileage to a car so I don't think I'm making a mistake with the math. I drove exactly 294 miles and I filled the tank with 40.99 liters (approximately 10.25 gallons) of gas. Anybody else have any stories about absurd gas efficiency?
Old 02-20-2004, 03:36 AM
jklmnopqrst

I may have forgotten to mention the part where I was getting 28 MILES PER GALLON!! Is this normal? It certainly doesn't seem like it is for a 6 cylinder vehicle.
Old 02-20-2004, 05:13 AM
CGLathrop

Good to me

Sounds about right.. depending on how fast you were driving. The best I ever did was 35 MPG between Kansas City and St. Louis. But with all the traffic I was only going like 60 MPH the whole way. On the return trip I got 25 MPG, but was going a bit faster.. like 85.

Chris
Old 02-20-2004, 05:41 AM

Re: Good to me

Quote:
Originally posted by CGLathrop
Sounds about right.. depending on how fast you were driving. The best I ever did was 35 MPG between Kansas City and St. Louis. But with all the traffic I was only going like 60 MPH the whole way. On the return trip I got 25 MPG, but was going a bit faster.. like 85.

Chris
I've notice this same thing.. I made a few recent roads trips and honesty thought I did the math wrong. Not so certain I"ve seen 35 but 30 to 33, traveling at decent speed. Faster you go and maintain ( which is very nice) the more gas that gets used.. Now around town it drops down, still not bad.. I still want a hybrid, something that gets 600 miles to a tank of gas, is very appealing

Enjoy is my best words.

~SVX1999
Old 02-20-2004, 06:02 AM

Re: 28 mpg?

Quote:
Originally posted by jklmnopqrst
I recently drove my SVX a total of 760 miles from Moscow, Idaho to Nelson, British Columbia and I averaged a remarkable 28 miles per gallon on the way up there. 28 MILES PER GALLON!! You also have to factor in that I had 4 people in the car and a trunk full of luggage. That's about a 650 pound load. Also, I know how to calculate the gas mileage to a car so I don't think I'm making a mistake with the math. I drove exactly 294 miles and I filled the tank with 40.99 liters (approximately 10.25 gallons) of gas. Anybody else have any stories about absurd gas efficiency?
28 MPG with a full load is noteworthy, but not all that surprising. I average around 25 on the highway and would surely do better if I'd slow down a bit.

dcb