Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum

Old 05-03-2011, 02:24 PM
Fairmont State University
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to radarwhiz
Registered SVX
Re: Finally got OBL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRADY View Post
It is all one big load of bull****. What are they distracting us from? Be critical of your government and consider the possibility that what they tell you MAY NOT be the truth.

This is some sort of side show, designed to distract you from the fact that the US economy has collapsed and probably something more sinister

I suggest carefully analysing what OTHER news happened today....Were new laws passed? Taxes raised? Constitution violated?

This is a MASSIVE distraction from something much darker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael View Post
I'm with this guy! People need to wake up and stop watching TV.
....+1....

'08 ML550 daily driver
'13 F150 work truck
'87 MR2 racecar
'92 Lsl Claret 5sp

"Be kind to your motor car." - Jackie Stewart
Old 05-03-2011, 03:01 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam View Post
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/barry-..._b_856251.html

I found that to be a very interesting read. It is a different perspective than most media outlets are conveying at the moment. Less bull**** to sift through than normal.
I agree, very interesting article.

Thanks,

Ray
Old 05-03-2011, 06:55 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

If it really wasn't him he'll put out a video within a week laughing at us.

I believe it was him. I just wish they'd have brought his corpse back, dropped it in a deep open hole in NY, built a 2 hole outhouse over it, and charged $20 to enter. We could have paid off the national debt!
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:03 PM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal_suby View Post

I believe it was him. I just wish they'd have brought his corpse back, dropped it in a deep open hole in NY, built a 2 hole outhouse over it, and charged $20 to enter. We could have paid off the national debt!
But how do you REALLY feel?
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 05-03-2011, 07:44 PM
Fairmont State University
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to radarwhiz
Registered SVX

Quote:
Unless he's been dead since 2001 like some believe.

Quote:

'08 ML550 daily driver
'13 F150 work truck
'87 MR2 racecar
'92 Lsl Claret 5sp

"Be kind to your motor car." - Jackie Stewart
Old 05-04-2011, 05:55 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX

If Torture Led to Bin Laden, Does America Approve?
May 04, 2011
Stars and Stripes|by Megan McCloskey

WASHINGTON -- Details about how covert agents tracked down Osama bin Laden on Sunday are still sketchy and incomplete, but that the first bread crumb in the intelligence trail possibly came from prisoners subjected to “enhanced interrogation techniques” is reigniting the debate over torture.

A senior White House official told reporters on Sunday that post-9/11 detainees gave up the nom de guerre of a trusted bin Laden courier, intelligence that eventually, years later, led to the U.S. discovery of bin Laden’s whereabouts in Pakistan.

A few media outlets have reported that the nickname came from captured top al-Qaida operatives Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, mastermind of the Sept. 11 attacks, and Abu Faraj al-Libi. Both men were held for a time at secret CIA prisons overseas and subjected to waterboarding, which simulates drowning, and other harsh physical treatments that were approved by President George W. Bush. Mohammed was waterboarded 183 times, the government has disclosed.

This has led supporters of such interrogation methods to claim validation for their value. They were formally banned by President Obama in 2009, but the CIA had previously abandoned the techniques under the weight of intense scrutiny.

Republican Rep. Steve King from Iowa tweeted Monday: “Wonder what President Obama thinks of water boarding now?”

Very interesting!

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 05-04-2011, 09:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to Green1995SVX Send a message via Yahoo to Green1995SVX
Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean486 View Post
Relevant or not I am glad he is dead, now we can finally stop wasting money on finding him.
Where's the like button in here?
2001 Audi S8
Old 05-06-2011, 07:01 AM
Still Cant' Say the Z-Word

Send a message via AIM to LetItSnow
Registered SVX

The protests against the death of this Muslim-defined martyr (even by those who didn't agree with his methods) and agitation of Pakistan regarding American ops inside their border might be signs of bad things to come.

Surely, many were waiting for Osama's head on a pike in the center of town. We got the pike without the head and further justification for jihad. Was this worth the vengance found and funds poured into a worldwide hunt for one man?

I sure hope this NOT headless snake doesn't come back to bite Obama and his fellow Americans on the ass.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:16 AM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77 View Post
If Torture Led to Bin Laden, Does America Approve?
May 04, 2011
Stars and Stripes|by Megan McCloskey

WASHINGTON -- Details about how covert agents tracked down Osama bin Laden on Sunday are still sketchy and incomplete, but that the first bread crumb in the intelligence trail possibly came from prisoners subjected to “enhanced interrogation techniques” is reigniting the debate over torture.

A senior White House official told reporters on Sunday that post-9/11 detainees gave up the nom de guerre of a trusted bin Laden courier, intelligence that eventually, years later, led to the U.S. discovery of bin Laden’s whereabouts in Pakistan.

A few media outlets have reported that the nickname came from captured top al-Qaida operatives Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, mastermind of the Sept. 11 attacks, and Abu Faraj al-Libi. Both men were held for a time at secret CIA prisons overseas and subjected to waterboarding, which simulates drowning, and other harsh physical treatments that were approved by President George W. Bush. Mohammed was waterboarded 183 times, the government has disclosed.

This has led supporters of such interrogation methods to claim validation for their value. They were formally banned by President Obama in 2009, but the CIA had previously abandoned the techniques under the weight of intense scrutiny.

Republican Rep. Steve King from Iowa tweeted Monday: “Wonder what President Obama thinks of water boarding now?”

Very interesting!

Lee
Lee,

For another point of view - http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/05/op...nes&emc=tha211

Ray
Old 05-06-2011, 09:15 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunvalleyray View Post
Lee,

For another point of view - http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/05/op...nes&emc=tha211

Ray
Interesting. You notice that was in the "opinion" section of the paper and definitely short on facts and heavy on scepticism and blame. Back to the "Blame Bush". It has been clearly stated that intel obtained during waterboarding was the basis for being able to track the trusted courier. FACT not fiction or opinion. Also, remember that there were several terrorist attacks on this country and this country's assests worldwide BEFORE Bush. And, 9/11 planning was far along before Bush (and made possible by policies of the prior administration) . So---contrary to your article--I think the US was already at odds and very unpopular with the Muslim world and it had nothing to do with Bush. Also, remember we have not had an attack on American soil since the war on terror.

Enjoy your far left liberal opinions, but sniff the flowers of reality every once in a while. I detest Obama, but I will definitely give him credit where credit is due--unlike far left liberals. He at least had gonads big enough to approve this OBL operation and take any world heat for it. I applaud him for that.

The only criticism I have of the administration about the op is that they are trying to provide too much information. Contrary to their very private administration up to this point---this was a case where less information is better.

AND----for the conspiracy guys that have questioned whether he was really killed---Al-Qaida has confirmed that he was killed. AND--for the second guessers---taking him alive would have been the worst thing in the world--tremendous assests to guard, protect, prosecute, etc, etc, etc. Just imagine the number of worldwide terrorist kidnappings demanding his release if he was in captivity.

Enjoy your NYT opinions and HuffingtonPost liberal rants. I am just happy that justice is partially served by his execution (along with the majority of Americans) .

Lee

PS--the latest on OBL. Meets his first virgin.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Osama'sFirstVirgin.jpg (18.6 KB, 678 views)
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Last edited by lhopp77; 05-06-2011 at 09:19 AM.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:43 AM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
AND--for the second guessers---taking him alive would have been the worst thing in the world--tremendous assests to guard, protect, prosecute, etc, etc, etc. Just imagine the number of worldwide terrorist kidnappings demanding his release if he was in captivity.
Not to mention the demand by a lot of people for him to be tortured for information. I think him being who he was in many Americans' eyes would have shifted that debate in way the wrong direction.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 05-06-2011, 01:08 PM
There's a storm coming.

Quote:
AND----for the conspiracy guys that have questioned whether he was really killed---Al-Qaida has confirmed that he was killed. AND--for the second guessers---taking him alive would have been the worst thing in the world--tremendous assests to guard, protect, prosecute, etc, etc, etc. Just imagine the number of worldwide terrorist kidnappings demanding his release if he was in captivity.
I dissagree about taking him alive.
In death he becomes a martyr.
I am also if favor of NOT posting pictures of Osama...
What purpose would it serve?
However;
I believe that "we" have the technology to take anyone/anything down without causing death.
I am not saying that he did not deserve to die.
He had admitted to masterminding/being a part of terrorist attacks, but had not admitted to the 9/11 events that changed the world.
History is written by the survivors.

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 05-06-2011, 01:37 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxfiles View Post
I dissagree about taking him alive.
In death he becomes a martyr.
I am also if favor of NOT posting pictures of Osama...
What purpose would it serve?
However;
I believe that "we" have the technology to take anyone/anything down without causing death.
I am not saying that he did not deserve to die.
He had admitted to masterminding/being a part of terrorist attacks, but had not admitted to the 9/11 events that changed the world.
History is written by the survivors.
Think a little further. IF we had taken him alive and then tried him he probably would have been sentenced to death, so again he would be a martyr. But---over a very prolonged period with the problems I already pointed out.

So I still strongly believe we did it the best way.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 05-06-2011, 01:56 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Think a little further. IF we had taken him alive and then tried him he probably would have been sentenced to death, so again he would be a martyr. But---over a very prolonged period with the problems I already pointed out.

Lee
I think it's funny how the government is acting like he is still alive. No proof of death, other than a few people that were there saying he is dead.

I am not saying he is still alive, in fact, I doubt he is. I do believe, however, that in both scenarios (dead or alive) I know what the government would say about it. For the very reasons Lee has posted, they would say he was dead even if he were alive and being tortured.

'92 Ls-L Dark Teal
11:1 CR ECUTUNE pistons
ECUTUNE .256 duration intake/exhaust cams
ECUTUNE STAGE 2AV1 ECU
Z32 MAF/SR20DET injectors
Balanced & Blueprinted
Old 05-06-2011, 03:04 PM
There's a storm coming.

Quote:

Lee
Lee, I believe that what you are saying is correct.
I believe what you are saying is true.
I also believe that a delayed whacking/inturnment woukld be more acceptablle to the population, at large.

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: