Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania

Old 05-24-2006, 06:28 PM
The best Damn Lance Corporal

Send a message via AIM to chris92svxlsl
STi-SVX-mods-swaps

Got a friend who crashed her sti. was modded up into the 400hp range what parts would be interchangeable or even changeable with some fabrication. i already bought the turbo because of the price. she wont give me the manual tranny and engine though any help thank. suspension, brakes, throttle etc etc
Old 05-24-2006, 07:49 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
pistons and rods, that's about it, engine-wise...you might want to do some reseach to see if the injectors will fit in our fuel rails (yeah, you'll need to find two more, if they fit )
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 05-25-2006, 02:04 AM

Not to sure if youre fond of STi BBS wheels, but if she drove a 05+ STi, the wheels will fit the SVX.
Old 05-25-2006, 04:06 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide
pistons and rods, that's about it, engine-wise...you might want to do some reseach to see if the injectors will fit in our fuel rails (yeah, you'll need to find two more, if they fit )
-Bill
Pistons??? I don't think so Bill. The rods will fit as mentioned by NeedForSpeed but the 2.5L pistons will not fit in ours unless you bore the engine... isn't it?

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:27 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris92svxlsl
Got a friend who crashed her sti. was modded up into the 400hp range what parts would be interchangeable or even changeable with some fabrication. i already bought the turbo because of the price. she wont give me the manual tranny and engine though any help thank. suspension, brakes, throttle etc etc

Get the Brembos from her see if the calipers and rotors will fit onto an SVX

Tom
Old 05-25-2006, 11:41 AM

i was thinking of doing the,rotors, calipers, axles,wheel beaings,she wont let me touch the engine though, all im getting from uner her hood are her turbos she said she has two possible twin or spare. i want the wheels deffinitely.ill keep evryone posted on the progress. what about struts do the sti's have macpherson's on them
Old 05-25-2006, 01:16 PM

Send a message via AIM to Suby Fan Send a message via MSN to Suby Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Suby Fan
of couse the STi's have Mcphersons on them almost all cars with unibodys have that setup that doesnt mean any thing.. from what i remember of the STi suspention if you actualy managed to fit it on the SVX the rear end would stick up 4" and the front would be lowered by about 2"... or something along those lines all i remember is that its not very do-able
need work done? Have tools will travel

Last edited by Suby Fan; 05-25-2006 at 01:19 PM.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:51 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
I doubt the hubs will be a bolt up but hey, give it a try i guess

Tom
Old 05-26-2006, 07:15 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
Hmm...See if the sti wondows fit. you can have the only svx whos windows roll down from the top....

Totally random thought, refering to the pistons and junk. If you had bored / honed the cylenders of the 3.3 h6 just a little bit and reinstalled the stock internals, wouldnt it have a lower compression ratio? Or am I missing smething completly obvious? Must be missing something obvious..otherwise it would have been done time and time again already. Oh well..figured id type that out
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 05-27-2006, 03:22 PM

too bad i had hopes to i guess ill have to stick to the basics!!maybe i can make some cash on the turbo if it wont work with our engine
Old 05-28-2006, 11:49 PM
Endangered Species

Send a message via MSN to -JJ-
what about using the FPR

removed intake silencer, k&N pannel filter, trans cooler, 94 JDM 4eat, Noltec front swaybar mounts, Motorsport D&S disks with EBC Greenstuff pads
Old 05-28-2006, 11:49 PM
Endangered Species

Send a message via MSN to -JJ-
what about using the FPR, maybe some nice interior trim can be pinched

removed intake silencer, k&N pannel filter, trans cooler, 94 JDM 4eat, Noltec front swaybar mounts, Motorsport D&S disks with EBC Greenstuff pads
Old 05-29-2006, 02:23 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris92svxlsl
too bad i had hopes to i guess ill have to stick to the basics!!maybe i can make some cash on the turbo if it wont work with our engine
Dude, what nonsense are you talking about the turbo??? The VF-34 is a great turbo, but it is rather small for our engine size... If you bought the turbo already, go ahead and kick yourself in the @$$... SELL IT ASAP if you have already bought it... You are not going to just "bolt on" a turbo and have everything be fine and dandy... Unless you want to start messing with alot of junk, then just stick to the Brakes and Rotors from the front... Those are even a big "Maybe" on wether or not they will work... Everything else is not worth the time to get. The tranny would have been nice, but if she won't let ya have it, there's really nothing else other than the brakes that would be worth anything.

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 05-29-2006, 04:23 PM

Sorry Chris

My experience only covers the Impreza european and japan versions. However there is just about nothing from these cars that will transport on to the SVX. the struts are different, the antiroll bar pick up points on the SVX are on the struts, the impreza's are on the the wishbone. The wheels are also different centres( applies to uk/ japan cars). The gearbox would be good if you can get it but make sure you get the diff at the same time.

Sorry Chris but the rest of the troops are right. Don't go there
Cheers
Graham
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT0066.JPG (636.0 KB, 188 views)

Last edited by f1svx; 05-29-2006 at 04:29 PM.
Old 05-29-2006, 05:33 PM

havent bought the turbo yet, but im still gonna for the price im gettin it for..soon to be on ebay!!brakes coming soon!!