How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2021, 11:20 AM

Bearing numbers for idler pulleys?

I would like to figure out as many of the bearing identification numbers for the SVX's idler pulleys. Being able to replace the bearings means we get to keep our original pulleys (no worries about some strange offset on a after market pulley) and save money (only spending $5 on the bearing and not $20-$50 on a whole pulley).

I've done this before on my Outback H6 (ez30), which has an idler pulley that cost $180 (and some folks complained the replacement had a different offset) which I was able to get back into perfect working condition for $5.

The tricky part is figuring out which bearing to use. Hoping we can work it out together. If you've got old idler pulleys you don't mind pulling a part to see what bearing is inside, please dissect them and let use know what you found (bearing size, any numbers, etc.).

For rebuilding the ez30 pulley, I used a Timken 203FF. I figure that I'll that one the next time I have my belts off. If that doesn't fit I'm hoping to find a similar bear in the correct size.

For now I'm mainly thinking about power steering and AC idler pulleys, since if they fail it's a big deal. But would also like to rebuild the timing belt idler pulleys (but doubt I'll be needing another set in the next 5 to 10 years).

Thoughts?

Anybody already know which bearings we should use?

Cheers,
Ian.
Old 03-23-2021, 07:12 AM
Posting since Dec.'98
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Bearing numbers for idler pulleys?

I kept the pulleys which came off during my timing belt change.

The Koyo numbers are clearly visible without taking the pulleys apart. Would they be all that's needed to start building a database?
ART Cryogenic/Slotted Rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, PWR Radiator, Tranny cooler, Stebro, Earthworm's Poly Differential/front & rear swaybar bushings, Koni Inserts and Mychailo SVX Sport Springs all 4 corners, Indigo Blue paint. Liquid Silver Wheels.
Old 03-23-2021, 11:25 AM

Hi Peter,

that would be a great, please post the bearing numbers. We may need to figure out if the Koyo bearings are still available, or if not available, is there a reference for an alternative part number.

I did get the Timken 203FF I used on the Outback, was hoping to carve out time of try installing them next month, although my plans are now up the in the air a bit.

Thanks!
Ian.
Old 03-26-2021, 08:23 AM
Posting since Dec.'98
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

13085AA020 (No. 8 below) KOYO DDG224726RR9H
13073AA150 (No. 9 below) KOYO DDG1060ARD1H
13069AA070 (No. 10 below) NSK 602 705TD96DWA1 (5 could be an S)

ART Cryogenic/Slotted Rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, PWR Radiator, Tranny cooler, Stebro, Earthworm's Poly Differential/front & rear swaybar bushings, Koni Inserts and Mychailo SVX Sport Springs all 4 corners, Indigo Blue paint. Liquid Silver Wheels.

Last edited by SVX_MY_BABY; 03-26-2021 at 09:18 AM.
Old 03-26-2021, 09:26 AM

Great! Thanks!

From a quick web search, I don't see a supplier for those exact bearings, but I'm sure somewhere is a matching bearing (possibly different number and brand), we just need find some way of cross referencing/looking up which bearings are a match.