Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 09-29-2012, 09:14 AM

Rough running, Check Engine Light, and multiple codes

After a couple days of wet weather, my engine is running very roughly, more so under power than at idle; and the Check Engine light is on almost constantly. I checked the ECU blink codes. It's giving me 4 codes: 32, 15, 37, 1nd 12. I've been clearing codes between checking, and all 4 come up all the time. I can't believe that I really have 4 different problems all at once, so I'm trying to determine the real issue. 12 = Starter switch, but I'm not having any probems starting. 32 & 37 are the two O2 sensors, but I doubt both would fail simultaneously. 15 = Fuel injector #2. (I've had coil #2 relaced relatively recently.)

This summer I had a similarly rough engine running, and Tom fixed it by replacing the #1 spark plug and injector. I will start with fuel injector cleaner, and see if that helps anything. But if the problem is with the #2 injector, plug, or coil, why would I be getting codes from the O2 sensors on both sides?
Old 09-29-2012, 11:56 AM
51 Club

Registered SVX
Re: Rough running, Check Engine Light, and multiple codes

If you're buying fuel injector cleaner get Techron it's magic juice. I've used it on many vehicles and small engines with great success.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:48 PM

Thanks, but I've already bought and added Lucas. I've only driven about 20 miles so far, and there hasn't been a vast improvement. There may be some improvement, though. Before it seemed like the more I applied the gas, the worse it got. (But maybe I was just not pushing it very hard.) I've noticed that if I go fast enough, for example in the 50'smph, it seems to run smoother. 40's really bad still. I think the light might be on a little less than before. This may be just due to different conditions. I expect that this isn't going to solve the problem.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:36 PM

It turned out to be the #2 fuel injector. I tried replacing the #2 spark plug first, and that didn't fix the problem. (The other 3 codes (12,32, & 37) went away after I disconnected the battery.) Then I took it to Tom, and he replaced the injector, and that did it.