How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 07-12-2010, 05:46 PM

Registered SVX
ECUTUNE Stage 2v7 installed

i installed the new maf and injectors the other day and you definetly notice a difference in pickup and acceleration. you can tell the maping is more aggressive
Old 07-13-2010, 05:01 PM

Re: ECUTUNE Stage 2v7 installed

Did you previously have one of his other tunes? I'm currently running the 1v7 and plan on upgrading to the 2v7 as soon as funds allow Already have a MAF sitting there too! hahah

Home of the Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar!!
Old 07-16-2010, 05:59 PM

Registered SVX

nope went straight from stock, i bought the one from paynter that included the injectors and maf. i recommend removing the fuel rails to take off the injectors cause you might end up stripping the screws on the injector caps, i did luckily i had a spare on the parts car.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:08 PM

wat type of mafs do u guys have? and what injectors?
Old 07-16-2010, 10:37 PM

Registered SVX

Z32 MAF
SR20det injectors
go to www.ectune.com they have the details there.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:28 PM

hmm which brand is better?
Old 07-17-2010, 02:45 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Which brand of what?

edit: I think you're probably confused because of the link. It should be "ecutune.com", but it goes to "ectune.com". Typo. Go here: http://www.ecutune.com/
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 07-17-2010, 04:31 PM

ic, thanks. so how does this stage 2 suff work, it says it can deliver 500whp worth of air with maf sensonr and 500whp gas with SR20DET injectors.. does it mean it wastes more gas when u drive regularly or only when u accelerate.. im new sorry for the funny questions
Old 07-17-2010, 04:50 PM

whats the diference from tcu and ecu ?
Old 07-17-2010, 08:37 PM

Registered SVX

I doubt it would make any noticeable difference in gas mileage unless you drive it differently (feels faster, so you drive it faster). Basically the point of the stage 2 ECU, injectors, and MAF is to support some other power-adding mod, like a turbocharger, 11:1 compression ratio engine, or even just cams, etc. The stock MAF only supports up to 250hp, and the ECU and injectors wouldn't be much past that. The stage 2 stuff will support much more, but by themselves, they wouldn't actually just magically add all that power. The tuning of the stage 2 ECU will make a bit of difference though. TCU = transmission control unit; ECU = engine control unit. Separate computers in the car. Automatic transmissions are controlled by a TCU, manual swapped SVXs don't need them anymore. I think Gamesy's car is getting a 5-speed, btw.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Old 07-18-2010, 10:53 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
I doubt it would make any noticeable difference in gas mileage unless you drive it differently (feels faster, so you drive it faster). Basically the point of the stage 2 ECU, injectors, and MAF is to support some other power-adding mod, like a turbocharger, 11:1 compression ratio engine, or even just cams, etc. The stock MAF only supports up to 250hp, and the ECU and injectors wouldn't be much past that. The stage 2 stuff will support much more, but by themselves, they wouldn't actually just magically add all that power. The tuning of the stage 2 ECU will make a bit of difference though. TCU = transmission control unit; ECU = engine control unit. Separate computers in the car. Automatic transmissions are controlled by a TCU, manual swapped SVXs don't need them anymore. I think Gamesy's car is getting a 5-speed, btw.
What he said lol.
As for gas mileage i cant really say anything yet as i still only have my "2eat" transmission in the car lol. I'm not sure how much power increase is given from the tune but myself and my friends have noticed the car pulls alot harder than before.
You are correct my car is getting a 5spd put in.... slowly but surely. i'm at the final stages of tweaking my x-member and finished up the pedals, all thats left is getting an engine hoist to pull the engine and scrap whats left of the parts car.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:59 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamesy View Post
What he said lol.
As for gas mileage i cant really say anything yet as i still only have my "2eat" transmission in the car lol. I'm not sure how much power increase is given from the tune but myself and my friends have noticed the car pulls alot harder than before.
You are correct my car is getting a 5spd put in.... slowly but surely. i'm at the final stages of tweaking my x-member and finished up the pedals, all thats left is getting an engine hoist to pull the engine and scrap whats left of the parts car.
Cool, congrats I'm going to be getting my car back after it's 6-speed swap in hopefully the next week or so. Replacing my 3.5EAT I guess lol.

I wonder if you're getting any more power increase than those of us with the stage 1 tune. I would think that the injectors and MAF would only make a difference with some other mod there to help out.

Old 07-19-2010, 02:36 AM

Registered SVX

i havnt run a stage 1 tune so i wouldnt know, its allowing me to use regular fuel so its easier on my wallet in the long run. Once i'm up and running i wanna get it dynoed to see what figures i get.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:43 PM

3.5eat ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
Cool, congrats I'm going to be getting my car back after it's 6-speed swap in hopefully the next week or so. Replacing my 3.5EAT I guess lol.

I wonder if you're getting any more power increase than those of us with the stage 1 tune. I would think that the injectors and MAF would only make a difference with some other mod there to help out.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:59 PM

Registered SVX

4th gear is iffy, so it only counts as half. lol