Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 03-04-2006, 05:30 PM
Certified Porschephile

P.S. yes we do have the most weenie office types, but we also have the best looking women. And we are the only branch that generally sends the officers out to fight, so who's dumb now?
Old 03-04-2006, 05:42 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigershark
P.S. yes we do have the most weenie office types, but we also have the best looking women. And we are the only branch that generally sends the officers out to fight, so who's dumb now?
<Noir puts on a cheerleader dress> GOOOOOO AIRFORCE!!!!!</Noir>
Old 03-04-2006, 05:44 PM
I brought some ham.

Send a message via AIM to Ricochet Send a message via MSN to Ricochet Send a message via Yahoo to Ricochet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigershark
but we also have the best looking women.
You also have the prettiest men.. oh and I scored a 93 on my asvab thanks.
Old 03-04-2006, 05:54 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet
You also have the prettiest men.. oh and I scored a 93 on my asvab thanks.
<Noir hands Ricochet a cookie.>

i remember a few people from skool going into the airforce. some of the dumbest people i ever knew. not as dumb as the ones going into the army and marines...but fairly dumb none the less.

maybe it's cause i'm from mullet country, who knows.

and yes, this is my opinion.

well there was one who wasn't dumb....dude graduated top of his class EE from ga tech and then had the navy pay for med school at emory....the 4-5 years he spent in the navy and marines (he was shuffled around to whoever needed a doc) was hell from what he tells me. he says he came out of the navy dumber than he went in.

Last edited by Noir; 03-04-2006 at 06:00 PM.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:10 AM
I brought some ham.

Send a message via AIM to Ricochet Send a message via MSN to Ricochet Send a message via Yahoo to Ricochet
http://www.chairforce.com/easy-chair...rank-chart.htm

Old 03-07-2006, 10:41 AM
Certified Porschephile

I should be honest and say the Army was actually my first choice coming out of high school before I knew any better. I was in Army JROTC in H.S. and thne turned to the Air Force. The Air Force treats it's people the best, although that applies to non Security, i.e. Police, types as we were basicly the Air Force Infantry, responsible for base defence. I had to live outside, eat MRE's, dig DFPs, learn land nav, etc... I actually tested for the Marine Corp, and was able to be placed anywhere in the Corp. When I changed over to the Air Force Reserve and tried for Security Police, now called Security Forces, they saw my Mechanical ASVAB score (99) and told me it would be a waste to put me there, and I ended up in Combat Arms Training and Maintanence. My lowest ASVAB battery was a 94 in Coding. Cummaltive score was 97. If you liked the Army, I salute you for at least doing your part. My dad was ANG during Vietnam, but was never deployed. My uncle was a Marine MP and my father in law an Air Force refuler, both in country. If I had to do it all again, I would honestly go active duty Navy. Best achademic programs, see the world if you get ship borne, and if you deploy, you sleep in A/C and eat real food.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:20 AM
I brought some ham.

If I could do it all over again I would have picked an mos worth a damn, and yeah probably gone Navy. My job title is to fix electronics, but I haven't touched a soldering iron in the Army in years.. I work at a motor pool doing preventive maintenance on trucks that we never use. For some reason they put us high asvab people in with some of the dumbest people the Army has to offer.

Last edited by Ricochet; 03-07-2006 at 11:24 AM.
Old 03-07-2006, 03:27 PM
Certified Porschephile

I'm surprised you didn't pursue intel or some other high tech field. Some of the guys I went to HS with went into Copperhead before that got squashed. I graduated in 1989 so I'm kind of dating myself. I belief the DoD killed Cooperhead in 1992. That looked promising. For those non-military types around here, Cooperhead was the Army's radar, laser, and satalite guided field artillery system. Tested great out at Fort Irwin is it? Where they do the Armored Cav and Armor drills.
Old 03-07-2006, 07:52 PM
I brought some ham.

I was in fourth grade in 1989
Old 03-08-2006, 02:44 PM
Certified Porschephile

4th grade? No more comments from you!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: