Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2005, 06:43 PM
You're mine!!

Send a message via AIM to rob_4187
THIS HAS TO STOP!!! (weird clicking again)

Ever since i bought this car i have had a re-occuring problem. Sometimes when i shut of my car, something from my trunk makes a clicking sound and it makes the seatbelts move at slow intervals. The only way to stop it would be to turn my car on and open and close the door a certain number of times then turn it off and pray that it stopped. If it doesnt stop my battery is dead within hours. I think it may have something to do with the security system because if i re-program my keyless entry and play with the locks and turn the battery on and off a bit it stops. I really hate having to sit in my car for an extra 10 minutes trying to figure out the right combination of opening and closing doors and setting alarms just to keep my battery alive. If this has happened to anyone or if anyone knows the problem please let me know how to solve it. Thanks
Old 03-05-2005, 08:00 PM
What Potholes ???
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Could your antenna be making the sound from the trunk, did you try to unplug it?

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel
Old 03-05-2005, 08:52 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Isn't part of the security system bolted under the rear tray (between the rear speakers)?
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 03-06-2005, 08:30 AM

Send a message via AIM to kuoh
Only on later models. The 92 and 93's have them behind the glovebox. Aside from the power antenna, there isnt' anything in the trunk which would make that noise.

If this is the same car described in the sig, then I'd check over the wiring to the amp and the amp itself. Drop the seatbacks and see if the location of the sound can be identified.

KuoH

Last edited by kuoh; 03-06-2005 at 08:36 AM.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:35 AM
You're mine!!

There is a small box between the 2 rear speakers where the sound is coming from and if i disconnect it the clickin stops and the seatbelts stop moving, but my battery still drains. This started happening long before i had the amp installed. Whenever i reset the security system it sometimes stops but if i set my alarm the battery still dies within about 3 hours. I couldnt get it to stop at all so i just disconnected my neg battery terminal.
Old 03-06-2005, 01:07 PM

I have the same problem, only my seatbelts are "off" (non-automated) because the guy I bought the car from said his battery would drain like yours until he disconnected the seatbelt automation. No (working) security system either. But dang, that clicking is annoying. I'm always worried if I'm parked at an airport or something someone's going to get the wrong idea.

No ideas though, I've just been living with it for now.
Old 03-06-2005, 03:49 PM
You're mine!!

Quote:
Originally posted by MaiPenRai
I have the same problem, only my seatbelts are "off" (non-automated) because the guy I bought the car from said his battery would drain like yours until he disconnected the seatbelt automation. No (working) security system either. But dang, that clicking is annoying. I'm always worried if I'm parked at an airport or something someone's going to get the wrong idea.

No ideas though, I've just been living with it for now.
Does it still drain your battery with it unplugged? I just found it and unplugged it. The box says "p/belt assy." and then has some #s. It only stops if i unplug the rear wire harness.
Old 03-06-2005, 04:11 PM

I've not had to work on my seatbelts (yet ), but I'm wondering if it continues to click, if the limit switches are dirty and they system is trying to move the belts without realizing where they are positioned.

As to battery drain....In the thread below Alan (Landshark) posts a good method of troubleshooting electrical problems. See the second post in the thread.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...threadid=24573
Old 03-06-2005, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rob_4187

Does it still drain your battery with it unplugged? I just found it and unplugged it. The box says "p/belt assy." and then has some #s. It only stops if i unplug the rear wire harness.
No, no battery drain for me, I think that's why the previous guy unplugged it (seatbelt) to begin with...He was having that problem.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:18 PM
Lauderdale75

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_4187
Ever since i bought this car i have had a re-occuring problem. Sometimes when i shut of my car, something from my trunk makes a clicking sound and it makes the seatbelts move at slow intervals. The only way to stop it would be to turn my car on and open and close the door a certain number of times then turn it off and pray that it stopped. If it doesnt stop my battery is dead within hours. I think it may have something to do with the security system because if i re-program my keyless entry and play with the locks and turn the battery on and off a bit it stops. I really hate having to sit in my car for an extra 10 minutes trying to figure out the right combination of opening and closing doors and setting alarms just to keep my battery alive. If this has happened to anyone or if anyone knows the problem please let me know how to solve it. Thanks
Oh my GOODNESS - I have the same problem on my 92 SVX I just purchased today. Strangely enough, Im glad to see someone else having the same problem - I guess misery loves company. Anyhow, has anyone been able to diagnose this problem? I had to unplug the battery this evening to keep the clicking from draining my battery. THanks in advance, Craig.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:30 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Now that I think about it my seatbelts got confused once earlier this year but have yet to wig out since.
Didn't show any other signs of problems though. Only lasted a few seconds when I turned the key to stat the car, went away when it started.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.