Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 08-09-2003, 02:25 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Went to the Strip in my friend's modded WRX Wagon...

Good god!!! I drove my frst WRX in america yesterday night.... It was almost insane!!! We went to the drag strip in Savanah, GA lastnight... It was a blast!!! I saw a Brand New WRX STi run against a mustang Cobra.... Cobra beat it though... think it was blown too (supercharger)... Anyway the real fun happened when this guy in a camaro challenged my friend Aaron (owns the WRX) to a race... Aaron said he'd even put 3 of his friends in the car and still beat him... So Aaron, Myself, and two other guys got in the WRX Wagon... Anyway, everyone was laughing at us because we had four people in this little turbo wagon and were racing a V-8 Camaro... But Aaron supprised them all when he got all 4 tires to light up on the start!!! Dumping the clutch at 6,000rpm's is not really the best thing to do in a WRX, but it held up, and we beat the Camaro!!! Next he let me drive it once... This thing is amazing!!! He has a Turbo XS Stage 4 turbo kit on it a massive front mounted intercooler, BOV, Electronic boost controller and some other really nice things.... Unbelieveably fast!!!! 2nd gear when boost came on full My eyes felt like they were pushed into the back of my head or something... Well I ran a 8.5 in the 1/8th.... That was all the track is... Just an 1/8th of a mile... That's alright though... RT was a really sucky 1.13sec But that's alright cause it was the first WRX that I had driven in the US... And it was one hell of a blast.... If I wasn't going back to Australia I think that I would go buy a 2004 WRX Wagon and start modding it!!!!!!

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...

Last edited by GreenMarine; 08-11-2004 at 02:07 PM.
Old 08-10-2003, 08:31 AM

okay....that is some place i would like to go...when are you headed up there next? i got a mustang cobra i can steal for a run or two

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 08-10-2003, 11:28 AM
Superbeast

Thats cool, but I think even the STI could use a little more boost against a new Cobra. It's funny how a new Cobra can walk on the old Cobra R thoe. Damn Marine your all over the place, where the hell are you most of the time anyway? You gota get that SVX to a real strip to see what that 5speed did for ya.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 08-11-2003, 05:55 AM

Yea, I know... I'm going to go pick it up from storage this coming weekend... I got my plated and got the insurance switched over and all that good stuff... Just waiting to get up there and pick it up.... Hey SubaFreak, are ya coming to the Smokies Meet in Oakridge, TN??? or the Dragon meet as well???? I'm going to both.... Lets meet up again... I feel the need for two SVX's to go down the hi-way at a stupid speed

** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 08-11-2003, 07:59 PM
Superbeast

Quote:
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
Yea, I know... I'm going to go pick it up from storage this coming weekend... I got my plated and got the insurance switched over and all that good stuff... Just waiting to get up there and pick it up.... Hey SubaFreak, are ya coming to the Smokies Meet in Oakridge, TN??? or the Dragon meet as well???? I'm going to both.... Lets meet up again... I feel the need for two SVX's to go down the hi-way at a stupid speed

Tenn. now? You do know I live in RI right? I don't know I'm still thinking about the Dragon, (someone should put it up in the meets forum), but I'm not sure yet. If not there will always be Reading. To bad there wasn't a strip nearby, I'd like some hard numbers to prove how bad I woop your ass this time.

Old 08-13-2003, 08:18 AM

Well this time I am gonna have my SVX, and I am up for a little competition... Last time I had that little Miata... Oh yea, "MissMarine" (Shannon) wrecked the Miata... Stupid B**ch!!! She ran off the road when she was trying to learn how to double clutch and hit a phone terminal... Ya know those little grey things that stick out of the ground, yea that's what she hit... Serves her right for taking her mom's boyfriends car without permission... Anyway, yea your SVX did kick THE MIATA's Ass, not mine though... I was doing everything in my power to make that little 4 banger keep up with ya... What is the final drive on your SVX??? mine is 3.90... If you have the 4.11 then I might have a bit of trouble keeping up with ya... Might have to resort to "Ricer Modding" to keep up with ya... I saw a really big sticker that must add about 15hp to my car... I bet if I stuck that on then I'd be gone!!! Anyway, we'll have to see how the dragon turns out this year!!!

Old 08-13-2003, 06:23 PM
Superbeast

Hmm. You guys seemed to be getting along at Reading I guess that all went to hell, to bad, my wife liked her. Why the hell was she trying to learn how to double clutch? Anyway I got the 3.90s too so unless you got some good power mods (big stickers don't count) or one of our cars runs like crap it would be a pretty close race. I know I can get mine up to at least 145mph thoe.

Old 08-16-2003, 08:15 PM
alacrity024

hey i'm down for some highway cruising at stoopid speeds fortunately i can STOP now, too

-adam
Old 08-17-2003, 11:39 AM
Superbeast

Quote:
Originally posted by alacrity024
hey i'm down for some highway cruising at stoopid speeds fortunately i can STOP now, too

-adam

I thought 80mph over grovved pavment was a pretty stupid speed, in the RX anyway.

Old 08-19-2003, 07:21 AM

Man, she was just being to much for me to handle... I can't stand chicks that think they're guys... Anyway, I don't know why she was trying to Double Clutch, almost pointless unless you are racing and stuff... Yea, well I don't think that I'll be doing that little speeding thing like we were gonna do... I just got my first speeding ticket last weekend... That really sucked... 85 in a 70... Good thing he didn't catch me when I was doing 120 about 5 minutes prior... Anyway, my court date is Oct 13th... But the good news is that the Judge is a General in the Marines One of my friends got a stupid speeding tickett and he reduced it to almost nothing and told him to slow down... Mine is alot less than his... All I have to do is go in there and look good in my uniform, give him a little warm and fuzzy about the marines again and I should be home free...

Old 08-20-2003, 05:57 PM
Superbeast

70mph speed limit? Never heard of one. Damn you southerners and your high speed limits.

I was thinking the same thing about Reading, maybe just few accel tests to 100mph, thats a little more sain.

Good luck in court. Oct 13? Ha Ha Ha.

Old 08-21-2003, 02:53 AM

Haha, found a way to beat the system... The Judge is a retired Major General (USMC)... He likes to keep his Marines clean... So he said that if I mail the fine in with a letter stating what I did wrong and asking for it to be reduced then he will reduce it to 4 over and my insurance company will never find out!!! It is good to ba a Marine sometimes Just playing... But yea, it is kinda cool that I get out easy like that... Still sets me back $130 though... Oh, well I won't be speeding for a while...

Old 08-21-2003, 08:16 PM
Superbeast

I hear that, kinda like it's good to have my dad working at State Police headquarters. Got me out of a 85 in a 35 say good by to your license ticket.

Old 08-22-2003, 05:32 PM
alacrity024

Quote:
Originally posted by Subafreak
70mph speed limit? Never heard of one. Damn you southerners and your high speed limits.
we've ben enjoying SEVENTY-FIVE MPH SPEED LIMITS!!!!!

oh do i long for the meaty torque of my flat-six on those long stretches of highay...... they tease me, the sons of *****es tease me..

-adam
Old 08-23-2003, 11:55 AM
Superbeast

Quote:
Originally posted by alacrity024

we've ben enjoying SEVENTY-FIVE MPH SPEED LIMITS!!!!!

oh do i long for the meaty torque of my flat-six on those long stretches of highay...... they tease me, the sons of *****es tease me..

-adam

Ha, Ha, definitly a teaser when all you got is a 2.2L Legacy.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: