Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 10-04-2012, 11:37 AM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Re: Torque Converter Lock disengages constantly

yes and you can save your logs as excell spread sheets for easy graphing and analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
It can do logging right?
Old 10-04-2012, 11:45 AM
Just some dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE NEW GUY View Post
Mike, let me get it straigth, The select monitor adapter is RS232 and I'll need the RS232 to USB port adapter also. rigth?
The ftdi cable is a usb to 5v ttl converter. Their driver does give you a virtual serial port but my software doesn't use it. My software writes directly to the ftdi driver.

The select monitor port IS NOT 5v ttl. The select monitor adapter I make converts between the 5v ttl of the ftdi cable and the select monitor signal.

--select monitor signal -->ECUtune select monitor adapter --5v ttl--> ftdi cable--ftdi d2xx driver-->ECUtuner application
Old 10-04-2012, 11:49 AM
Just some dude.

If you can find the two wires you can connect them directly to the ECUtune select monitor adapter. It has a euro terminal strip. Then you can leave it installed in the car and not have to worry about buying any harness connectors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackWoodsBob View Post
I would love to run a select monitor app and monitor my engine.
Sadly the guy that thinned my harness for the swap cut the select monitor off. I have no idea which 2 wires go where with your adapter
Old 10-04-2012, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname View Post
If you can find the two wires you can connect them directly to the ECUtune select monitor adapter. It has a euro terminal strip. Then you can leave it installed in the car and not have to worry about buying any harness connectors.
Perfect!
By chance, would you know which pins went to which side of your adapter cable? If so, I can solder in 2 leads for it and be up and running in a weekend!

Damn, so glad you're still active with the SVX/EG33 stuff Mike. Much appreciated!
Old 10-04-2012, 06:47 PM
Just some dude.

The adapter has arrows on it identify which pin is tx and which is rx. I don't know which color wires were rx and tx in the factory harness. I'm sure if you look through one of the threads where people tried to make their own select monitor dangles you will find a picture of diagram.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackWoodsBob View Post
Perfect!
By chance, would you know which pins went to which side of your adapter cable? If so, I can solder in 2 leads for it and be up and running in a weekend!

Damn, so glad you're still active with the SVX/EG33 stuff Mike. Much appreciated!
Old 10-04-2012, 11:54 PM

i've tryed with different speeds and the behavior is the same for every speed: cyclic disengage of the TC lock while cruise control is controlling speed. it does not matter wheter it's climbing or going down a hill. I connected my "dash dyno" using a digital input from the tc lock cable (from the tcu) and the signal goes to cero when disengaging.
In your experience, what can be causing this if not the TPS?
Old 10-04-2012, 11:56 PM

Mike, what do you reccomend to change first, the tcu or the ecu chip in a stock SVX?
Old 10-05-2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname View Post
The adapter has arrows on it identify which pin is tx and which is rx. I don't know which color wires were rx and tx in the factory harness. I'm sure if you look through one of the threads where people tried to make their own select monitor dangles you will find a picture of diagram.
Good enough, I'll go digging. Thanks again
Old 10-07-2012, 12:46 AM

update, when I slightly change the impedance on the lower part of the tps, the problem disappear. This is done with a 200Kohm resitor in parallel with the more negative part of the TPS wich, electronically talking, is a potentiometer. By doing this, I lower the voltage emited from the tps and being transfered to the ecu (0.0025vdc less) The tcu thinks that the apperture of the thottle butterfly is smaller than it really is.
I was noticing lately that the perfonmance on the car was being improved. This is the result of the learnig process on the ecu; advancing the ignition timing to match the use of gasoline 94 oct. To do this, the ecu consider that the value of the tps at certain point corresponds to a bigger apperture of the throttle butterfly. This new data is transfered to the tcu and the tcu disengage the tc lock as a pre-proggramed answer to this conditions. I'll change the tcu's chip before the ecu... any suggestions? any thinking?