How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 09-23-2012, 01:24 PM
Airplane builder-upper

Xado

Not sure if anyone here's heard of an additive called Xado EX120 for automatic transmissions, but it seems to actually work. There's a ton of "snake oil" products with huge claims all over the internet, and I've been sucker enough to fall for a few of them, but for $13, and a slipping tranny, I figured, "What the hell, give it a try!" Here's the deal. Finally got the SVX up after being down for nearly two years with lifter problems. Got the engine running good and the exhaust cracks on me. Get a brand new exhaust and the brake line bursts (See "Daaaammn, that was scary!" in a different post). Replaced the rear brake lines and installed a Stage 1 chip and TCU from Ecutune....running NICE! Driving back and forth from work (80 mile round trip) I encounter several long steep hills on I-44. I'm a big fan of cruise control, so it's engaged as soon as I get up to speed. But when I engage the cruise, the engine revs (slippage) even with the new TCU, and when I get to the hills the car down shifts with obvious slippage also (I just cringe when it does this). So I'm thinking, "Of course the tranny's going to go, it's the last original part on this car!" I saw an ad for Xado in Popular Mechanics, and bought a tube (syringe actually). Within one round trip to and from work there was a noticable difference in the way the it handled the highway speeds, and on my third trip to work the tranny was showing "zero" signs of slippage engaging cruise, and held steady on the hills with no downshift. I'm pleasantly surprised by a product that I thought for sure was going to be a disappointment. I know for sure there's going to be some "experts" on the forum that'll try and shootdown my results as something totally unrelated to the Xado, but I beg to differ.....it's never ran better!
Old 09-24-2012, 02:39 AM
Very Terrific Driver

Registered SVX
Re: Xado

So how does it work? Just dump it into the trans oil reservoir?
I'm ready to f...
Old 09-24-2012, 03:51 PM
Airplane builder-upper

Re: Xado

Kind of a blue paste in a syringe. Stick the tip in the dipstick tube and squirt it in there. I did it at work in the parking lot because I couldn't for the life of me find the tranny dipstick (dark in the morning), and didn't notice any difference on the way home. The next morning on the way to work is when I actually noticed something was different, namely, less rev when the cruise engaged, and no downshift on the big hills on the way to work (first time ever). It's not supposed to be completely affective until 1500km (900 miles), which shouldn't hard to achieve since I log 400 miles a week back and forth to work. With our tranny capacity, it should probably use two tubes. I ordered two more, putting 1/2 tube more in the SVX, and putting the other 1 1/2 in my F250.