How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 06-07-2002, 07:36 PM
SVXtremist

Power steering question

Does anyone know if there is a power steering rebuild kit? My power steering isn't working. When I'm stopped or going slowly, I have to throw my back out trying to turn. when I'm on the highway, it's alot easier to turn. The people at subaru said it wasn't getting enough pressure? Does anyone have any ideas what might be the problem? Please let me know, thanks.

Allen
Old 06-07-2002, 09:17 PM

You can buy the parts to rebuild you steering pump but sometime it is not worrth it. Depends on the damage.
I have the speed sensitive steering pump.

You can buy the bearing and the front seal (this will fix the front leak -if any-) for less then $20. Also you can get all the other O-RINGS and Seals for an extra $10

You have to check the interior of your pump (the rotor and the plate). If there are scratched (impurities in the steering fluid) you are looking to spend more than $75 for parts.

On the other hand you can buy a used one (with extreme limited waranty-probably 30 days) for $85.

I found one at ACTIONAUTOR@aol.com. This is an e-mail from a wreck yard (THANKS RICK @ Action Auto Recycling 888-535-0063 TO PLACE YOUR ORDER ). You can also browse Car-Part.com This is a good site for any (used) need.

Good luck!

Mkay?

Ovidiu