How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 11-29-2004, 10:52 AM
Destroyer of worlds.

Mystery alarm

I hope someone might be able to answer a question for me.

Background: I was pulling the code for a CE light this last weekend when I noticed a kluge of wires below the fuse panel. After a little extraction effort, I discovered an alarm box. The dealer where I purchased my SVX said they disconnect the alarm and toss the keyfobs to avoid liability. I guess they left the module installed but deactivated. The box doesn't have any brand markings what so ever, save a serial number and the obligatory 'made in taiwan' stamp. I know by it's connections that is has starter disable, keyless entry, and a blinky LED. There are some other connections that I could not identify. The black box looks identical to a DEI Rattler 110 or a Code Alarm 110...both companies have customer service issues, i.e. not friendly.

Question: Does anyone have any ideas as the what make this alarm might be? What keyfob will work with this module? Where could I find schematics so I can reactivate the module?

Please don't tell me to remove it and install a XYZ, all I want is the keyless entry and starter disable at minimum cost. The brain is there, all I need is the fob and to reconnect it. Thanks for the help guys (and gals).
Old 12-03-2004, 10:46 AM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
Re: Mystery alarm

Quote:
Originally posted by PhatWeasel
I hope someone might be able to answer a question for me.

Background: I was pulling the code for a CE light this last weekend when I noticed a kluge of wires below the fuse panel. After a little extraction effort, I discovered an alarm box. The dealer where I purchased my SVX said they disconnect the alarm and toss the keyfobs to avoid liability. I guess they left the module installed but deactivated. The box doesn't have any brand markings what so ever, save a serial number and the obligatory 'made in taiwan' stamp. I know by it's connections that is has starter disable, keyless entry, and a blinky LED. There are some other connections that I could not identify. The black box looks identical to a DEI Rattler 110 or a Code Alarm 110...both companies have customer service issues, i.e. not friendly.

Question: Does anyone have any ideas as the what make this alarm might be? What keyfob will work with this module? Where could I find schematics so I can reactivate the module?

Please don't tell me to remove it and install a XYZ, all I want is the keyless entry and starter disable at minimum cost. The brain is there, all I need is the fob and to reconnect it. Thanks for the help guys (and gals).
From how i see it you have 2 options... Randomly buy key fobs from ebay for the brands you think it looks like and see if any work.
Or 2 deal with the crappy customer service, say you installed it but lost the key fobs, you can't remember if it is there model or not, but you do have the serial number... just don't say someone else purchased the system. It'll be a PITA i'm sure, but they should be able to at least give you the model number of the right key fobs and any procedure that you'll need to "reset" the system/ remotes... i think Lee (thats his SN) has some files in his locker with wiring diagrams...

Just thought of another possibility.. you could probably take the car to a small time install shop, and have an experienced owner/tech look at it... most people that have been doing that kinda thing for a while would be able to recognize it and advise you by just looking at it.

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker
Old 12-03-2004, 04:41 PM
Destroyer of worlds.

Alarm system.

I forgot I made this thread!

I gave up on the project and removed all the alarm guts and rewired the car...with the exception of the door lock button on the center console. I can't seem to figure out how it reconnects, the dealership did a number on the system when they "deactivated" the alarm. Oh well, new alarm goes in the Xmas list, this one will be installed in the stock trunk position following Harvey's(?) directions.

Thanks drivemusicnow for the help though.