SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2003, 09:17 PM
SubaruNoob

New to the Fourm need some opinions

Hi, I am so glad i came upon this site! It is excellent, and many opinions on different issues make it almost impossible not to fix somethings, here is the situation with my subaru. my brother bought the subau svx 95-L last year, well when he got it, it looked like almost new. if you are interested in seeing it there is an attachement at the bottem. Well in 20,000 miles in one year, has turned this car into almost nothing. My dad just the other day said we would be better off just to sell it to a junk yard, well i hear this and i am like wait, the subaru is badass, 240 horse, cool ass deisgn, and it would be mine at almost nothing, well then i pulled 2500 out of my account. By the way I am 16 and this will be my first car (should have mentioned that earlier). Well after i asked my brother for the car his response was he was going to give it to me cause he thought it was just junk. So finnally he agreed to take the 500 i offered him. Now I have 2000 to work on this car. But not alone, my father is gona help me all the way till it becomes the gorgious car it once was. Sorry for all this background, thought someone might think it was interestin

Here is the condition of the subaru, leaks water (my dad thinks it is a frezze plug because water was driping off the back of the block, i think is what he said) transmission is out in 3rd so I only have 1st and 2nd, which gets me around because my trips are no more than the trip to the autozone down the street. There is a mechanic friend of the family says he can fix this for 600 dollars, which i think is very reasonable. then the speedometer is broken (i belief the cause of this is a sensor, because i have been studying the board, and that seems like the reasonable answer). It starts right up when it is cold, but as soon as it kills and i try to restart, it takes about 5 turns of the key to get it started, which was quite dangerous one time when it went dead at a intersection.(i thought this might be the tps sensor am i right?, because ofcourse my check engine light is on and i ran diagnostics on it and the codes came up tps speedometer, knock right, EGR Solenoid or Circuit).. and it really needs 4 new tires, and ofcourse the raddle from the heat guard. other than that it is a great car lol. well i have 2 grand to spend and me and my father are going to try to do all the work ourselfves kida of like a father son thing? cause i am the youngest.. not tring to be a smartass or anything we just cant afford the labor, because with all these problems we might end up with a 8,000 bill.. and a couple other things cigarette lighter it gone.. man i really need that! and it has a cracked windshield and my brother sanded down the right side of the car which took me a good 6 days to sand paint and buff, now looks like brand new and only cost me 28 dollars . But about a good 25 hours of work haha.. well my question is what areas should i start on first with my limited money, but i am in no rush because i will not be driving this car for another 4 months.. thanx!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg subaru.jpg (146.7 KB, 146 views)