SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2003, 12:49 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Since my dad works for Nabisco, he keeps me well supplied with NILLA WAFERS. So whenever i go on a long trip, i grab a few boxes. Not only do they make a great tasty snack while on the move...but they are great to pelt tailgaters with. I just toss one cookie at a time out of the sunroof. I've gotten very good at hitting the windshield of the average tailgater. You should see their faces "was that a COOKIE?!" And if all else fails...i have one of those marine issue air horns. THAT will get their attention.
Old 11-16-2003, 01:01 PM

i like tossing penny's...

if it cracks the windshield....oh well, prove it! go find MY penny on the side of the road...and make my finger prints out...riiiiiiiiiight they wouldn't waste their money or time on something like that...

or just make the back windshield washer thingy pee on the car behind you...he he he

Kelli

ps, Lwin, how would they know if a cute chick was driving if they are behind someone...
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 11-16-2003, 01:05 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Andy
Quote:
Originally posted by SHISVX
Lwin, how would they know if a cute chick was driving if they are behind someone...
They would soon know if she tried to park

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I would be a young man again and had to decide how to make my living, I
would not try to become a scientist or scholar or teacher. I would rather
choose to be a plumber or a peddler in the hope to find that modest degree
of independence still available under present circumstances.
-- Albert Einstein, The Reporter, November 18 1954
Old 11-16-2003, 01:48 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Quote:
Originally posted by Andy

They would soon know if she tried to park
That's pretty mean...but somehow very true.

...either that or she was on her cell phone...or both!
Old 11-16-2003, 01:52 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
On kelli's defense, I have seen her drive before. She can drive a lot better than most on the road I have seen.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 11-17-2003, 06:07 AM
Phil & Belha

Quote:
Originally posted by PA_SVX
You might not like the rules, or just some, but they apply to everyone. That's what seperates us from the 3rd world idiots. I'm sure they'd love your flamethrower idea in Kenya.
I think it's rather arrogant to declare that the entire population of the third world are "idiots". I can personally vouch for the fact that many Kenyans, while poor by western standards, are both intelligent and well educated.

The majority of people in the third world do not carry deadly weapons, or fit them to their cars (if they are rich enough to own cars). This is perhaps surprising when you consider that the police and courts are so underfunded that many very serious crimes go unsolved.

My wife's family live in Kenya and they have lost friends, relatives and neighbours who have been shot by bandits. In such a situation, I don't think you could call someone an idiot for wanting to own a weapon of some sort - although as I said, most people do not.

Phil.
Old 11-17-2003, 10:16 AM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Tail gaters.. !!

Quote:
i like tossing penny's...

if it cracks the windshield....oh well, prove it! go find MY penny on the side of the road...and make my finger prints out...riiiiiiiiiight they wouldn't waste their money or time on something like that...

or just make the back windshield washer thingy pee on the car behind you...he he he

Kelli

ps, Lwin, how would they know if a cute chick was driving if they are behind someone...
I only worry about people behind me when I'm changing lanes... If they want to take the risk of rear-ending me ... and paying for my new paint job and whiplash lawyer.... fine!!!
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Old 11-18-2003, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by b3lha

I think it's rather arrogant to declare that the entire population of the third world are "idiots". I can personally vouch for the fact that many Kenyans, while poor by western standards, are both intelligent and well educated.

The majority of people in the third world do not carry deadly weapons, or fit them to their cars (if they are rich enough to own cars). This is perhaps surprising when you consider that the police and courts are so underfunded that many very serious crimes go unsolved.

My wife's family live in Kenya and they have lost friends, relatives and neighbours who have been shot by bandits. In such a situation, I don't think you could call someone an idiot for wanting to own a weapon of some sort - although as I said, most people do not.

Phil.
Well Stated
Old 11-18-2003, 10:09 AM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by KennEls

Well Stated
I'll second that.

Mike
Old 11-18-2003, 10:27 AM
Certified Porschephile

Since most of you have missed the point, I'll explain. While I can't say I have been to Kenya, I know enough of the region. While in Djabouti I can tell you they are far from a civilized nation. The point I was trying to point out is that the U.S. has rules and laws that apply to everyone, unlike in a majority of the 3rd world in which if you can afford personal protection you are safe, if not; oh well. People of wealth in those countries flourish while the poor die on the streets. It is the U.S.'s principle that all men are equal, and such that they recieve the same rights under the law that does seperate us from the rest of the planet, especially the 3rd world. If you were offended by the use of idiot, it was used to illustrate the methods of the nations, not individuals. Maybe in Kenya you need a flamethrower, a point you also acknowledge, but definatly not in Wisconsin, Illinois, Montana, etc... Now do you see? Sometimes you need to step back and read all of a persons posts, instead of reading one out of context and getting offended. This is not an open forum to point out our justice system is perfect, it isn't, and frankly isn't getting better, but it is up to us to stand up and force change. The liberal left and thier attorneys are pushing issues that a majority of America are against, but we do nothing. I hope this clears it up for you.
Old 11-18-2003, 10:45 AM

i know how to fix the problem with the justice system...

kill all the lawyers

Kelli

<this was only a joke... >
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 11-18-2003, 10:52 AM
ww111

Quote:
i know how to fix the problem with the justice system...

kill all the lawyers

Or just pay them what their worth...

Collins

Lawyers are like Nukes... Everyone has to have one, but no one wants to use them.
Old 11-18-2003, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Maybe in Kenya you need a flamethrower, a point you also acknowledge, but definatly not in Wisconsin, Illinois, Montana, etc...
Trust me, in the south side of Chicago, I know places where I feel safe if I have a M16 in my hand and a hummer with a RPG launcher following me to protect me.

There are a couple of things wrong with your logic as well.

Quote:
The point I was trying to point out is that the U.S. has rules and laws that apply to everyone, unlike in a majority of the 3rd world in which if you can afford personal protection you are safe, if not; oh well.
That is not true. Here in the US, why do presidents need body guards? Why do basketball player, movie stars need bodyguards? If the place follow rules and laws, you should not need anyone else to protect you at all right? The extent of unlawfulness exists everywhere. That is because laws are created by unperfect beings. Nothing is perfect.

Quote:
People of wealth in those countries flourish while the poor die on the streets.
Hello? We have that here in the US too. US is one of the most wasteful if not THE MOST wasteful nation on earth. Look at most houses. People toss out a lot of stuff and a ton of the people living in the US is starving.

I'll come back with more. I have to go eat first.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Old 11-18-2003, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ww111

Or just pay them what their worth...

Collins

Lawyers are like Nukes... Everyone has to have one, but no one wants to use them.

What are you talking about no one want to use them? I work with lawyers and man do they have clients. I sware this country might be brought to a stand still if there are no liars. I mean lawyers.
Old 11-18-2003, 01:57 PM
Certified Porschephile

Man, some people can't quite grasp this. I'll try it again. Forget about the not everyone follows the rules crap. I understand this. If they did I'd be out of work. THE POINT is that we have a system that everyone falls under and SHOULD be treated the same. I realize Kobe Bryant, O.J., and other people get to buy thier way to freedom. Again, THE ORIGINAL POINT 4 pages ago, was that our system is stiil superior to those in other countries. As much as I wish we had the justice system of eastern Europe sometimes because of all the lawyers and rights of the accused being treated better then the rights of the victim, THE POINT is that it's still THE BEST SYSTEM out there. Jeez! Does everyone understand now? Or our we gonna keep going with but he has a bodyguard, and he is rich, etc... AGAIN, THE POINT WAS ABOUT THE SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!! I hope we can finaly move on!!!

On a side note Kelli is 2000% correct. But I would say kill 85% of defense lawyers. I have met some decent ones. Civil and prosecutors are a different story.
Closed Thread