Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 02:54 AM
One teal and One yellow

That yellow tranny's finally gone...

Right now it's 4.37am I still can't get to bed. Hmmm at about 9.10pm EST, 10/18/05 tonight, my yellow x's tranny was finally gone.

It's subconsciously under predict because tranny has been making a kind of grinding noise. Tom heard that too. Tonight it happened when I was driving, the noise developed into a different kind, like some stones rocking in the tranny. An hour later, Dead. At D it won't move, at R too, at D push 'manual button' - same thing. She slept at Anderson drive in this town tonight.

I'm going to decide what to do soon...anyone wants a cool yellow svx?

What's least expensive way to get fixed? I love 5spd but I don't want/can't afford to spend so much to fix the tranny. 4.11 or 4.44 solution? I will check it out, I heard the local area rebuilt is like 2grand with warranty...worth it?

Tom knew my car conditions well. I spent more than eighty hundred bucks with them to take care of my brake, gas leak, ps leak and etc. Got the car less than 2grand with problems. Now.... opinions/great ideas ? Thanks for reading.

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 10-19-2005, 03:01 AM
One teal and One yellow

beautiful thing costs money...

Yeah, the mileage now is about a hundred mile over 142K.

I just really bought the car because of the color that time. People said my car looks sick. I get sick too if I keep looking at it. My neighbor says it's a chicks-magnet....

two lately pics:

Old 10-19-2005, 06:28 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
You can do a 4EAT swap with less than $1500, Pavanbabut did it... do a search and keep your Sick Yellow Princess

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:07 PM
A Fake Vision

i had a yellow svx once... i miss that color.. 1500 is all you need if you can work on it yourself. definatly worth it also. the car is totally different as a 5mt. and being yellow also... drool
Old 10-19-2005, 01:30 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
sounds like the front diff bit the bullet. I have a good set of gears from Svxfile that I don't need, maybe time for a diff swap?? If you want to ship me the tras, I will install the gears for free

Tom
Old 10-19-2005, 05:33 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Randy has been looking for a yellow one for a while.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 10-19-2005, 05:58 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal_suby
What he'd do with it is another story

meh...probably paint it
Old 10-19-2005, 06:13 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
I might take it depending on the price, I was looking at that same yellow X on ebay when it was listed. I really like that color. Distance isnt a problem either.

dustin

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 10-19-2005, 07:10 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
2 SVXes on my belt now. How many more to catch up to Earl's status? He doesn't have yellow... That's a plus.

-L
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 10-19-2005, 08:35 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Sorry to hear about the problems with the yellow SVX Ken. Hopefully you'll be able to fix her, or sell her to someone who will!

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 10-20-2005, 02:48 AM
One teal and One yellow

update: thanks for your replies

I couldn't leave my baby at the offstreet tonight. So I arranged and had her towed to my apartment first before I decide what to do.

When the guy asked me to roll down the car from the hill and easy for him to lift, I put the "N". The begining it was okay but after like 20feet the 4 wheels got locked up and wouldn't move anymore......

The transmission was shifting alright (shift-points were good) while it was making rocking-grinding noise, before it stopped to go anymore.

The guy said it could be the differential../axle....

If I am to name two of my svxi as randy(patience and twin evils), I will name mine as Touring and Sporty. My teal one is wonderful ride, I trust the tranny and very solid engine(70K). The body has dents/dings. I bought it because of the engine and tranny. The yellow one I bought just because of the color and cool-look , I knew it had problems but as Tom supercharged said, if that owner knew the car had gas leak, brake leak(no brake) and sold to me w/o telling, he shld go to die. Could you imagine I drove this beauty from NY state back to WV state with gas leak for 500miles? I am still alive ....
I knew this car has something is going to break (sooner or later) ... it will take some times/love to get her in perfect. This pretty shld be back to the road either way ..... and I will continue to drive around and get pple pay attention to our cool machines ...

Old 10-20-2005, 02:59 AM
One teal and One yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
sounds like the front diff bit the bullet. I have a good set of gears from Svxfile that I don't need, maybe time for a diff swap?? If you want to ship me the tras, I will install the gears for free

Tom
Thanks for your offer/kindness. I will keep this option open. If you read my update, do you think it's more going to be the differential? The tranny had 16 blinks... tranny shift-points was always good, hammer down, power-mode go and fast but it shifted hard. And the AWD had difficulty to engage....

I talked to tom in cumberland this evening on the phone and he had the same opinion...he knew my yellow x well enough, it was with him like 20days?

Old 10-20-2005, 03:10 AM
One teal and One yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fake Vision
i had a yellow svx once... i miss that color.. 1500 is all you need if you can work on it yourself. definatly worth it also. the car is totally different as a 5mt. and being yellow also... drool

I don't think I have the place, enough equipments to do it. I have no garage and the winter is coming. I love stick-shift. Haha, that'll be neat if I have the only 5 spd awd yellow svx. If it costs too much to do it, I'm still in college and I will skip this option. I love to try a 5spd svx if I have a chance, anyone nearby?

I love this color, it makes me sick as I look at the big fine yellow ass every time.... I hope my teal one is not jealous but I still take care of her.

Old 10-20-2005, 03:17 AM
One teal and One yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by odepaj
I might take it depending on the price, I was looking at that same yellow X on ebay when it was listed. I really like that color. Distance isnt a problem either.

dustin

Are you serious? How are you going to bring it back to TX? That's far, my friend. If you are really interested, PM me or just post your best offer openly. If your offer is close or good enough for me to paint the teal one into a yellow one again Or I might change my teal one to black-over-metallic apple green. hahaha.

I'm 80% to keep my car and try to keep her running at this time...thanks

Old 10-20-2005, 03:35 AM
One teal and One yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal_suby

Why does Randy have problem with this color?

If I have a chance, to make it, and drive this baby to Reading, I will always park beside him, either left or right, either front or back..... And, when we tour around the country roads, no matter where I am at, I will overtake him and drive in front of him, always, or make circles around him when possible, hahahahhha......he might start liking this color from that time.