Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 06-01-2017, 04:23 PM
Grand Poo-Bah

Send a message via AIM to halistan Send a message via MSN to halistan Send a message via Yahoo to halistan
Registered SVX
Anyone wanna play a game? Guess that Wire!

Hey everyone

Sam and I have been working on a connector harness for the ECU Master EMU to the SVX. It seems to be a great ECU option for the SVX (which only runs $799 opposed to $2k for a Hydra) but we are stuck with making a connector harness for it to make it plug and play with the SVX.

Sam's done a fantastic job and has mapped out most of the connections but there are a few that we don't know. I thought I'd take a crack at it but I can't figure them out either.

I am including the files that we're using to try and match these up and if anyone can help us find the remaining connections we'll both install these, get them tuned, and share the base mappings with the rest of the club.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/album.php?albumid=35
All new and improved custom built engine with forged internals, lowered compression, upgraded cams and a stage III supercharger. AMR Engineering struts, Custom exhaust --All 3 Subaru cats removed, and replaced with 2 high flow mustang cats-- Cross-drilled & Slotted rotors, steel braided brake lines, bypassed stock Tranny cooler replaced with aftermarket B&M super-cooler, and a K&N drop in air filter.
Old 06-06-2017, 07:33 AM
Grand Poo-Bah

Send a message via AIM to halistan Send a message via MSN to halistan Send a message via Yahoo to halistan
Registered SVX
Re: Anyone wanna play a game? Guess that Wire!

I got in touch with Mark over at ECUMasters and he helped shed some light on the few we have remaining. However, there are a still a few questions that we have that he thought we should confer with those that know this car better (you guys, so please help me out)

Here are his responses:

Left Side:
A04 – Recirculation gas temp sensor – Not needed
D04 – CA/Canada/49 State ID – you had this mapped to Gray 18, but Mark said it really isn’t needed so we can delete it
D06 – Canister Purge control – Not needed

Right Side:
A16 – Atmospheric Pressure Sensor – Not needed. This ECU doesn’t need the MAF as a direct vacuum line goes from the engine to the ECU so we don’t need this
A19/B8/C09 – These are the A/C controls. According to him we don’t need all three of these, just one of them. He would recommend we use the AC clutch control (B08) for this and map it to Black 11 (Analog in #3) which can be configured for this. The other thing he said we could do, is tie all three to Black 19 too. Either way he said would be fine.
A20 – Engine Torque control – Black 11
B12 – Ignition switch – G18
C10 – Starter Switch – run line directly to starter
C14 – Fuel pump discharge flow control – Not needed
D20 – Inertia-Resonance supercharging control – Not needed
D22 – He said we could map it to Black 11 or Gray 2, but his suggestion was to just delete it

My first question is about the AC. He says to just use one of them and tie it to Black 19. I'm unsure why there are points for the AC. Does anyone know? Do we need to use all 3 with our cars setup? If not, does anyone know which of the 3 connections we should use then?

My last question is about the starter switch. He suggested wiring it directly to the relay since the ECU doesn't have anything for that. Does anyone else have a better suggestion? Would that hurt anything? I know we have issues with the starter relay already so would our bypass work around work better in this instance?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
All new and improved custom built engine with forged internals, lowered compression, upgraded cams and a stage III supercharger. AMR Engineering struts, Custom exhaust --All 3 Subaru cats removed, and replaced with 2 high flow mustang cats-- Cross-drilled & Slotted rotors, steel braided brake lines, bypassed stock Tranny cooler replaced with aftermarket B&M super-cooler, and a K&N drop in air filter.