SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 09-07-2011, 03:05 PM
My Other car is a GENIUS Car!
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Anyone use Pulstar Iridium Plugs?

Right on, thanks for pointing the thread out.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:46 PM

Here are my thoughts... Motorsports wharehouse has a stacker device, Plugs in and piggy backs an Extra charge to your plugs. If I was going to spend money I'd look into that. A spark plug is only going to fire as hot as the energy being put in it. Just like the ignition coils are only going to discharge the amount of power they were designed for. As for these Plugs where is this Extra Energy coming from???? Stock system is only going to put out so much. So that's where my brain says mmmmm
Go with what we know works. stay with the STOCK NGK Plugs.. oddly enough they cost about the same as these, they are far less problematic and last longer.

Our Stock NGK plugs range in price from 11 to 14 and a dealership will tell you 25$ My honest opinion. If you aren't running other mods don't waste your money on these plugs. It sounds like they would work in theory . But here are some factors to keep in mind. Our Ignitions systems are getting older and over time they do degrade. As do many other systems. that effect performance... I've seen on several areas on the Net, where People are NOT having such GREAT things to say about these plugs. Nor are they getting the results. In some cases they get broken plugs to as they are a 2 part plug. Even changing out our regular standard plugs is about 4 hours.

I have wondered about the E3 plugs and I've used them in yard Equip with good results. there are a few tip designs like Halo and another that have proven to work very well. Just keep in mind your working on an older car.. Now if you want to do yourself a favor, switch all fluids over to Amsoil and their line of filters. Don't believe me. Do it on a newer car and you'll see a difference in your MPG.( just oil and air filter) Then tackle the SVX. Amsoil stands up to the ass load of Heat our cars love to make. Especially the Tranny.. I'm just saying check it out.... It's very nice looking at 9k mile oil and seeing Honey colored...

just a thought of 2 cents.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:45 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Geoff Send a message via Yahoo to Geoff
Registered SVX

I had these in my car. After about 3k miles, got a misfire on 2 cylinders. Removed them, found that the electrodes had pretty much disintegrated. I received them for free from a friend who worked at Enerpulse. He's since quit and moved on. Take from that what you will.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:48 AM
My Other car is a GENIUS Car!
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
I had these in my car. After about 3k miles, got a misfire on 2 cylinders. Removed them, found that the electrodes had pretty much disintegrated. I received them for free from a friend who worked at Enerpulse. He's since quit and moved on. Take from that what you will.
How long ago was this if you don't mind my asking?

Keith, how many miles do you have on your set of Pulstars?
Old 09-09-2011, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff View Post

Just doing some simple searching it seems many people have had problems with these plugs. For the amount of time it takes to put ours in. stick with stock.. unless you check out motor sports WH spark stacker. Still I just think there pulstar plugs are too problematic and possibly damage your engine. Melted electrode isn't a great sign. More or less they seem cheaply made and have had several revisions. So buyer beware is what I keep finding.

SVX1999
Old 09-09-2011, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subix View Post
How long ago was this if you don't mind my asking?

Keith, how many miles do you have on your set of Pulstars?
5-6K... any problems I will bring everyone up to date!

Keith
Old 09-09-2011, 02:13 PM

Registered SVX

I have the stacker ignition on my Laguna and the iridium plugs...Very crisp acceleration.