Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-10-2017, 05:05 PM

Registered SVX
Re: What have you done to your SVX (or other Subaru) today?

Change the rock cover (cam covers) gasket, and new spark plugs.
Doing the vacuum lines under the intake, and also have to replace the fuel hoses in the engine bay.

And going from cable clutch to hydro. So doing the pedals now. Going for the legacy turbo tranny and light weight flywheel, and stage 2 clutch.

then i can drive my svx again whit the good exhaust.
Custom made by exhaust shop, racing cats and stainless steel.

My subarus:
1992 Svx LSI 5-MT(3.54)
1998 Legacy BG 2.5L GX
Old 12-10-2017, 05:06 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by huck369 View Post
I actually DROVE my Yellow 5-Speed to work today it was nice to be in it, as I haven't had it out for a couple months......now that I have Antique Tags on it, and Vintage Car insurance, I don't get to drive it that much....
Yellow svx is nice Glad you drove it again.
Hope we see some pictures of it soon. I will post some of mine soon, after the new tranny is inside.

My subarus:
1992 Svx LSI 5-MT(3.54)
1998 Legacy BG 2.5L GX
Old 12-18-2017, 08:21 AM

Registered SVX

If I get another healthy income tax return check the SVX gets all new coilovers ,all new Vac lines and paint the rest the rest of it . Spent the last two checks on a driveway and Pool liner.
Old 12-18-2017, 01:16 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conn SVX View Post
If I get another healthy income tax return check the SVX gets all new coilovers ,all new Vac lines and paint the rest the rest of it . Spent the last two checks on a driveway and Pool liner.
Sounds like you need to adjust your withholding?
Old 12-18-2017, 10:15 PM

Registered SVX

Yea. Trying to figure it out. Before my wife died I paid $1,000 to $ 2,000 and now I get back $5,000 .. 1st year filed jointly with only one income.. Works for me .. Good news The company is replacing my portable Shelter Logic garage covering that ripped ?
Old 01-29-2018, 11:55 AM

Registered SVX

Went to the scrapyard where there was a red 93. Heres a list of what i got.

Drivers side fender, spoiler, both head lights, both tail lights, ECU, engine cover, acc belt cover, working trunk struts, cam/crank sensors, a seemingly brand new alternator, a few interior bits and the rare storage tray that goes under the passanger seat. All in all I paid about $250. Not bad considering on ebay the fender and engine cover alone go for more than 250.
1993 GMC C1500 W/T

Last edited by DallasSVX92; 01-29-2018 at 12:02 PM.
Old 02-01-2018, 07:04 AM

Installed Phillips HIR2 low beams. Replaced Hella low beams. I would say easily 1/3rd more distance in the beam cast. Best $10.00 I have spent so far.
Old 02-01-2018, 01:13 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasSVX92 View Post
Went to the scrapyard where there was a red 93. Heres a list of what i got.

Drivers side fender, spoiler, both head lights, both tail lights, ECU, engine cover, acc belt cover, working trunk struts, cam/crank sensors, a seemingly brand new alternator, a few interior bits and the rare storage tray that goes under the passanger seat. All in all I paid about $250. Not bad considering on ebay the fender and engine cover alone go for more than 250.
Nice find. Yea the cup holder and the under seat storage drawer were hard for me too. Finally found them along with the optional seat heater switch. Only option I would like is that rear window blower.
Old 04-21-2019, 01:51 AM

I finally replaced the driver's side (USDM driver side) rear hub/knuckle on my 1992 LS-L Pearl project. In December I started replacing a wheel bearing so loud I couldn't think properly when driving. The cage was so melted that the rollers much have been traveling end over end! But I accidentally damaged the inside of the knuckle while pressing the bearing out. Hence needing to replace the knuckle.

After getting the car back together, I let it warm up (the radiator repair is still holding!), and took it for a short test drive. There was some knocking from the front driver's side of the engine, but otherwise it was very smooth.

While the engine was quiet, once driving it I could hear the familiar slight drone of wheel bearing in the early stages of failure. Since I couldn't immediately tell which wheel was starting to drone, I figure I don't have to worry about replacing it right away. After the short drive (2 blocks-ish), I got a code 22 (replace knock sensor). Hopefully replacing the the knock sensor will also fix the knocking I heard.

My AMR aluminum radiator just arrived, and I'm planning to replace the timing belt, water pump, all major service items (and any leaky seals I can easily reach). Once I have the radiator out and the belts off, it should be easier to replace both knock sensors.

I am very excited to make some progress on this car, since I've been sitting on it for a year+. Hoping I can carve out some time soon to do the radiator and belts (and seals, knock sensors, and pulleys, etc., etc.)

Cheers!
Ian.

Last edited by svxcess; 04-21-2019 at 10:47 AM.
Old 04-21-2019, 11:35 AM

I removed remnants of the old battery box and installed an aftermarket piece to hold the battery down. I also took a low air tire in to have checked re-mounted. Next up is the trans cooler installation and window switch. I have the parts, just need to get after it.
Old 04-21-2019, 04:22 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by irox View Post
I finally replaced the driver's side (USDM driver side) rear hub/knuckle on my 1992 LS-L Pearl project. In December I started replacing a wheel bearing so loud I couldn't think properly when driving. The cage was so melted that the rollers much have been traveling end over end! But I accidentally damaged the inside of the knuckle while pressing the bearing out. Hence needing to replace the knuckle.

After getting the car back together, I let it warm up (the radiator repair is still holding!), and took it for a short test drive. There was some knocking from the front driver's side of the engine, but otherwise it was very smooth.

While the engine was quiet, once driving it I could hear the familiar slight drone of wheel bearing in the early stages of failure. Since I couldn't immediately tell which wheel was starting to drone, I figure I don't have to worry about replacing it right away. After the short drive (2 blocks-ish), I got a code 22 (replace knock sensor). Hopefully replacing the the knock sensor will also fix the knocking I heard.

My AMR aluminum radiator just arrived, and I'm planning to replace the timing belt, water pump, all major service items (and any leaky seals I can easily reach). Once I have the radiator out and the belts off, it should be easier to replace both knock sensors.

I am very excited to make some progress on this car, since I've been sitting on it for a year+. Hoping I can carve out some time soon to do the radiator and belts (and seals, knock sensors, and pulleys, etc., etc.)

Cheers!
Ian.
Nice bro! My amr should be here on tuseday
#1 1994 Ls ebony parts car-rip
#2 1994 L laguna blue - sold
#3 1992 Lsi pearl white - sold
#4 1992 Lsi pearl white -Ate two engines - Rip
#5 1994 L Laguna Blue fwd - Now Awd and manual - 03 wrx 5mt - 18's stern warp st4s - totaled hit a tree
#6 1992 Lsi custom orange parts car
#7 1992 Lsi green 4.44 swap. Currently for sale
#8 1992 Lsi custom pearl white. Project car... sold
#9 1992 Teal 4.44 swapped... sold
#10 1995 Laguna Blue. Sti 19 wheels,
#11 1994 Laguna Blue. Came with #10 engine and trans are out but plan to put it back on the road. Willing to sell it at any time! 😂
Old 04-27-2019, 11:24 AM
Posting since Dec.'98
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Met another SVXer who lives just a short distance away. Nice surprise. Their car was brought in from British Columbia and is rust free. Also been told there is a much stripped rusted out SVX at a local scrap yard about to be crushed.
ART Cryogenic/Slotted Rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, PWR Radiator, Tranny cooler, Stebro, Earthworm's Poly Differential/front & rear swaybar bushings, Koni Inserts and Mychailo SVX Sport Springs all 4 corners, Indigo Blue paint. Liquid Silver Wheels.
Old 05-02-2019, 08:23 AM
Posting since Dec.'98
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Went to the scrap yard I mentioned above and got a few parts. All the glass and lights were gone. 300,000 plus kilometers an the odometer. Frame rusted out sitting on the ground. Engine & Tranny, Suspension still in place. Was a retire your ride. silver '92 VIN JF1 CX3537 NH108899
ART Cryogenic/Slotted Rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, PWR Radiator, Tranny cooler, Stebro, Earthworm's Poly Differential/front & rear swaybar bushings, Koni Inserts and Mychailo SVX Sport Springs all 4 corners, Indigo Blue paint. Liquid Silver Wheels.
Old 05-02-2019, 01:44 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX

Too bad distances are so great and transport costs expensive. I have a rust free body of a 92 LS just sitting on blocks in my back yard.
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 05-19-2019, 06:37 AM

Think that junked NS SVX has high pressure ac hoses intact? Been searching for years! Have acquired 2 on line- 1 leaked and the other didn’t fit. Apparently the ‘92 has a different fitting than later years.