Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 07:53 PM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Send a message via AIM to Weebitob
Registered SVX
Awsome

If you want your SVX to look slightly better, I would recommend the getting the lip spoiler, which the only place you can get is here: http://shop.store.yahoo.com/svx-moto...nlipspoil.html .The is it does seem a bit pricey, and that is for domestic buyers. You should also look into what Stevebsy is doing with designing side rocker panels that are made to look exactly like the 1989 prototype.

Also, like what is probably is on many users' minds on this forum, how did you do a twin turbo setup? Is it like the twin turbo Legacy, the one found in the State side WRX Sti something totally different? Also I would recommend you should look into some of the parts that are used in the ECUtune Stage III kit, aside from the supercharger. I bet longassname or one of the people (or the usernames behind them) who are working on the project will give you a good deal, since a knowing how to do a good twin turbo setup would benefit all the users here. Or at least you should look into getting a Nismo 550cc fuel injector and perhaps a better intake manifold, with a heat insulation barrier depending on the model.
Old 10-25-2004, 09:15 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Re: new generation SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSpear
hey guys, i am new around, sorry i couldn't post earlier, no activation yet, anyway i have modified my SVX to make it look alike the cars in fast and the furious. it is heavily externally modified, fully and professionally hand made spoilers (front rear and skirts...), rear agressive wing, 17 inch wheels 8.5", brembos, dark silver (roof and trunk) over light silver, full body graphics, twin piping stainless exhaust, 6 speed sti tranny (customized to fit the SVX), modified cooling system, external k & n filter (isolated from engine heat) and in the process of installing a twin turbo system generating +60hp without engine modification. this car is very fun to upgrade and i will be ordering the stage I chip very soon. any questions email me or post...

You do know that svx was not meant to be fast and furious right? I is a great highway cruiser. but power to you I guess.

Did you pay 3500 for that twin turbo system?
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 10-25-2004, 09:20 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Misleading title.
Exchange "new generation" for "show car".

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 10-25-2004, 09:53 PM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Registered SVX
Uh oh, here they come.

But seriously, if someone wants a showy car, they can build a showy car. If they want to add some serious performance, they can.

You can make a car anything you want it to be, whether for it be performance or for show as long as you have the money and desire to do it.

As for the SVX not being a "fast and furious" car. Yes, it is not in certain aspects, of course with the money you can make it be, just like almost any other car can be. It is true that the SVX was marketed as a grand tourer and not an all out sports car, but you haven't considered the thought that grand tourers can't be fast as well. I mean the look at the GT races for example, that shows the basics of what a grand tourer is; a car that maintains high speeds, handling, doesn't give as much and has the fuel capacity to go for long distances. So whats wrong with improving the speed and perhaps handling out of those attributes?

If you just like your like keeping your SVX stock, that is fine too. It is also fine to criticize, but please do not go out of your way to just flame them with obvious sarcasm and lame commentary on things such as a title change.

I do not know much about the tuning culture in Lebanon but in places such as the Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia and Bahrain there are some really nice showy rides in those places. That is probably because there is some really wealthy people there, but it is always good to have an SVX displayed in that type of presence, it might get it some positive notoriety.

Last edited by Weebitob; 10-25-2004 at 10:15 PM.
Old 10-25-2004, 10:05 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by Weebitob
Uh oh, here they come.

I do not know much about the tuning culture in Lebanon but in places such as the Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia and Bahrain there are some really nice showy rides in those places. That is probably because there is some really wealthy people there, but it is always good to have an SVX displayed in that type of presence, it might get it some positive notoriety.
I've seen a SVX from Kuwait in Jordan before. To each their own. I personally think that a SVX would be nice to have in Labanon esp. when it snows in the mountains and when every thing else is stuck going up the mountains. (Yeah I know I've been stuck on them before (no I was in a Pajaro so I was not stuck))

Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 10-25-2004, 10:13 PM
BoondockSVX

Re: Re: new generation SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph

You do know that svx was not meant to be fast and furious right? I is a great highway cruiser. but power to you I guess.

Did you pay 3500 for that twin turbo system?
So where's the 'quit being so negative' comment for Seraph? I was just assuming that a twin turbo setup would add a bit more than 60hp....
Old 10-25-2004, 10:18 PM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Registered SVX
Red face

Don't forget he still has pretty much operating on stock internals. Like I said before, I think if SilverSpear just adds the Nismo 550cc fuel injector alone he would see a nice performance spike.

Not like we have that much aftermarket parts to work on without some frabrication, but we're working on that, at least people on this forum that go by the names longassname, Stevebsy and a couple of others.

Last edited by Weebitob; 10-25-2004 at 10:22 PM.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:28 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
hey guys, really it's not cool showing photos of my car unfinished yet, really it looks agressive and frankly it must be a show car. just wait two more weeks until i get the beamlights... people are astonished when they see it, hehe imagine what the girlzzzzzzzzz are saying !!! what i am planning to install as a turbo is a twin turbos of the earlier subaru 1800 (before the 94 imprezas) they generate no more than 60 hp both. u know the 1800 subarus, they had 4wd traction and a turbo (the station wagons). it's better to put two turbos on each side of the engine rather than one big turbo on one side. whereas the injectors i will try to find 350 cc, i guess i won't need more. i am not trying to build a monster out of the SVX, because i don't wanna go through the whole thing with rebuilding the engine, i just wanna lower the compression ratio a little bit, install the stage 1 chip for lower gear ratios (to compensate the extra loss of power at low regimes) and calibrate the turbos at 4000 rpm, because this is when the chip's performance runs out. hehe any suggestions ???

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:37 PM
Sue isn't really striped

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSpear
hehe imagine what the girlzzzzzzzzz are saying !!!
I can imagine.

So what do you guys pay for gas over there?
Old 10-25-2004, 11:49 PM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
you will imagine better as soon as u lie you eyes on my car. i am quite sure that all the guys over here will be astonished ! i just wish i can find 18" of the same wheels i installed on it ! it will look like a monster

1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 10-26-2004, 03:22 AM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
The way you are hyping this up it better be damn pretty enough to kiss.
I can wait to see it, but if it isn't "next generation" I'm going to be disappointed.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 10-26-2004, 03:29 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
i worked this car by my own hands, i made the fiberglass kit by myself with no external help... i put 1000 hours in this car to make it look as i desire !!! , what i can tell you right now, the front has somehow the looks of the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 4 and the 1999 imprezas (front spoiler) whereas the back its more like the new legacys but on a more dramatic term... pls give me a little bit of credit for my efforts.... i don't want to show you anything unless it is fully finished !!! it's up to you to believe or not...

Old 10-26-2004, 04:57 AM
Sue isn't really striped

Quote:
Originally posted by NikFu S.
better be damn pretty enough to kiss.

My car is pretty enough to kiss and it's just stock!

Anyone know how to get lipstick marks off of the steering wheel?
Old 10-26-2004, 05:26 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
heheheheeeeeeeeeeee, well said Alcy. , well said

Old 10-26-2004, 06:55 AM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Quote:
Originally posted by Alycone

Anyone know how to get lipstick marks off of the steering wheel?

Has always worked for me

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Closed Thread