Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum

Old 10-12-2012, 12:37 PM
Grand Poo-Bah

Send a message via AIM to halistan Send a message via MSN to halistan Send a message via Yahoo to halistan
Registered SVX
Presidential Race

Ok, seen the Presidential debate and the VP debates now.

Without causing too much of a firestorm...anyone wanna take bets on who will win the election?

I'm independant and not particularly attached to either side. I'm purely asking what people think will happen.

Before the debates I was fairly sure that Obama was going to win the re-election. However, I'm not as certain now. It seems to be a toss up to me.

At this point in time (if I had to make a decision right this moment) I would say that Romney would get it. However, that is likely to change tomorrow...who knows.

Anyone else want to weigh in?
All new and improved custom built engine with forged internals, lowered compression, upgraded cams and a stage III supercharger. AMR Engineering struts, Custom exhaust --All 3 Subaru cats removed, and replaced with 2 high flow mustang cats-- Cross-drilled & Slotted rotors, steel braided brake lines, bypassed stock Tranny cooler replaced with aftermarket B&M super-cooler, and a K&N drop in air filter.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Re: Presidential Race

Does it really matter? Both will take us down a path of unsustainable spending. One just faster than the other. There are better choices out there that the democrats and republicans are paying millions to keep you from hearing about!
Old 10-12-2012, 02:47 PM
Grand Poo-Bah

Send a message via AIM to halistan Send a message via MSN to halistan Send a message via Yahoo to halistan
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post
Does it really matter? Both will take us down a path of unsustainable spending. One just faster than the other. There are better choices out there that the democrats and republicans are paying millions to keep you from hearing about!
I actually couldn't agree with you more Bob. Most of this race I was actually pulling the most for Ron Paul. He makes good sense but the media is so against him I knew he wouldn't have a chance. If he can get on the ballet here then I will vote for him anyway. Even if I'm outnumbered to the point where my vote won't count, i'll do it anyway just because it's the right thing to do.
All new and improved custom built engine with forged internals, lowered compression, upgraded cams and a stage III supercharger. AMR Engineering struts, Custom exhaust --All 3 Subaru cats removed, and replaced with 2 high flow mustang cats-- Cross-drilled & Slotted rotors, steel braided brake lines, bypassed stock Tranny cooler replaced with aftermarket B&M super-cooler, and a K&N drop in air filter.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:50 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Gary Johnson is the next closest thing. The libertarians have me about half on-board. Half of their views are perfectly in sync with mine, but the other half are very far off.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 10-12-2012, 03:07 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
Gary Johnson is the next closest thing. The libertarians have me about half on-board. Half of their views are perfectly in sync with mine, but the other half are very far off.
Im no Romney lover, but a vote that isnt for him is a vote for Obama, unfortunately.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 10-12-2012, 03:17 PM

Registered SVX

There should be a party made up of people that have to work in the trenches for no less than 10 years. Just so they will have an idea what real people are thinking. These professional politicians are really in a dream world.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:23 PM

Quote:
I don't agree with a lot of the platform either but I also recognize that going that route uses something that the parties have taken from you over the past 100 years. Personal responsibility and takes gov't involvement out of activities where the founders never felt the feds had any role in anyways. If you haven't read his lates book 7 principles of good gov't it is very good.

Personally I find it funny that Robamey and Ryden have been fighting tooth and nail to keep someone off the ballot that in every poll pulls nearly 50-50 from the democrats and republicans. I think they just don't want people to realize that he is even worse of a can. as McCain was.

Only a coward would ask you to not vote for who you think is the best person to lead the country in the right direction. Oh, sorry, strike that, I meant to say only landshark...
Old 10-12-2012, 03:48 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
I don't agree with a lot of the platform either but I also recognize that going that route uses something that the parties have taken from you over the past 100 years. Personal responsibility and takes gov't involvement out of activities where the founders never felt the feds had any role in anyways. If you haven't read his lates book 7 principles of good gov't it is very good.
I will have to check that book. I have gotten back into reading sometimes after a long hiatus, thanks to kindle and audiobooks on my phone.

Basically, here's what I like about GJ (from what I know about him):

Getting rid of the Fed.
Not spending billions on the stupid-ass drug war.
Separation of church/state and letting gay marriage be a state issue.
Foreign policy.
Personal freedoms.
The AMA he did on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...ian_candidate/

However, I would like to know more about his policies toward corporations. I feel strongly that corporations have too much power over this country and I think they need to be kept more separate from gov't affairs.

Obama has been a disappointment, but Romney is a far worse alternative. If I were to vote for Obama, it would be a vote against Romney.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Old 10-12-2012, 04:18 PM
Hater

Quote:
Only a coward would ask you to not vote for who you think is the best person to lead the country in the right direction. Oh, sorry, strike that, I meant to say only landshark...
In that case, im going to vote for Spiderman, because he has absolutely no chance of being elected president in this race, either.

Oh wait, im not a complete idiot.

Old 10-12-2012, 04:23 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
In that case, im going to vote for Spiderman, because he has absolutely no chance of being elected president in this race, either.

This kind of talk is why we have only 2 candidates that are both ****ty options.

Old 10-12-2012, 04:57 PM
Hater

Quote:
This kind of talk is why we have only 2 candidates that are both ****ty options.
Just being realistic - id love to have several candidates to choose from, but i just cant deal with more Obama. Im not a republican, but im more on the conservative side.

Old 10-12-2012, 05:09 PM

Quote:

News flash! Neither does Romney unless one of those bitter gun clinging teabaggers gets angry and shoots the other Robama. They don't use Landshark math to add up the electoral votes.

Besides I fully believe that the sooner one hits rock bottom the quicker you can start picking up the pieces. A vote for Robamney would simply mean we get to the bottom a little slower but just as broke.

Last edited by benebob; 10-12-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:12 PM
Hater

Quote:
Newsflash. Neither does Romney unless one of those Teabaggers gets angry and shoots the other Robama.
O rly?

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/id...21007?irpc=932

Again, something something better of two evils.

Old 10-12-2012, 05:20 PM

Quote:
O rly?

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/id...21007?irpc=932

Again, something something better of two evils.

Funny, last time I checked a national poll says nothing. When you take each state Robamney wins hand down esp. considering that large lead he has in that state near you(with 1/5 of the votes already cast) that no Republican has won without winning in how many years. The only math that matters is that electoral college and you have a better chance at this point then your boy Willard.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conn SVX View Post
There should be a party made up of people that have to work in the trenches for no less than 10 years. Just so they will have an idea what real people are thinking. These professional politicians are really in a dream world.

Not just politicians my friend, what about those architects, engineers, librarians, teachers, professors and worst of all those freaking trash men who walk around all superior to us simply because they know we don't seperate the recycling the way we should.

I'm all for banning any elected official from campaigning. They have a record to run on that is set in stone and they have a job to do that they aren't doing when they are trying to buy more votes.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: