SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2008, 08:03 AM

Registered SVX
Arrow Im still haunted by Buck Jones!

Well, I have some terrible and depressing news. Our totalled 96 Lsi is only worth $2,100 according to the persons Insurance company (Infinity) that hit my wife. You saw the pictures, the car is toast. It just figures that we have an accident with a previously salavged car. The claims adjuster called me and obviously ran a carfax and saw that the car was previously salvaged, Thanks Buck Jones, and Im guessing their offer is 50% less because it was previously salvaged. So thats the sad story, give them the car for $2,100 or keep the car for $1,646. What a damn shame. I have almost $10k invested in this car, not to mention all the mental anguish I went thru just to get the Title and dealing with Buck Jones and his cohorts. My wife was very distraught over losing her red svx and possibly something happening with her pregnancy, and now she hears this news. Obviously I will NOT give the ins. comp. the car, so they can go sell it at an auction somewhere. I will either part it out, which would make me the most money, but dont really have the space to keep it laying around, or try and sell it whole as is. Everything was done to the car in the last year, complete engine reseal, tires, brakes, struts, you name it. Just spent $1100 a month ago at Tom K's house. Only put 18k highway miles on it since last July and now its gone. We have already hired an attorney and will sue both the person who rammed my wife from behind and the person making an illegal U-turn in front of us who my wife was pushed into. Its a sad, sad day.