SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2003, 10:56 AM
Member Incognito

Registered SVX
Feels Nice...

... to finally be a member of the Koni Club. Weeeeeeee!!!

Rufus and I installed in my car on Saturday. All day Saturday. I'm not certain, but I think the aches and pains should stop just in time for Reading, but we'll see.

For those of you that have done it, I do have one question: When we took the car out for a test spin after finishing the job (to Rufus: never seen my car take 90 degree turns at those speeds without tire squeal; impressive ), everything seemed just fine. But once I got home, I noticed that the rears seem to make a klunking sound when going over bumps. I know we tightened everything down, so I'm not sure what it might be. It doesn't seem to be getting any worse, so that's a good thing, but I will be taking the car to get an alignment done on Thursday, so for now I'm hoping they'll catch something.

Another question for the Koni crowd: how do you adjust the rears? Was this supposed to be done prior to reinstalling the struts? Anyhoo, any answers you all can give would be appreciated!

"Flossie" - 92 black over pearl LS-L (sold)
"Gorgeous George" - 98 Audi A8 (traded)
"Gorgeous Genny" - 02 Audi S8 (sold)
"Green Giant" - 00 Land Rover Disco II
"Grey Wülf" - 05 Volvo S60 R
"Silver Surfer" - 92 black over liquid silver LS-L
"9 of 7" - 97 bordeaux pearl, formerly with Earl Steele
Old 04-07-2003, 02:00 PM
I look like Gordon

How does the car feel at highway speeds, anyway?

Does the clunk sound like it is coming from the tops, or lower down in the wheel well area? And are you sure it isn't just the unattached interior pieces moving around back there?

I have your front strut top covers and the rubber plugs that went into the bolt holes. I'll bring them to Reading this weekend.

I can't believe how much difference those new struts make. I am beyond envious. Anyone know if there are still any out there somewhere???
Old 04-07-2003, 02:31 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Wink

Hey Mike - You sure you didn't leave a few empty Sam Adam's in the nether regions of Olu's trunk?
At least boxes don't rattle!

Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 04-07-2003, 04:40 PM
Member Incognito

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by rufus
How does the car feel at highway speeds, anyway?

Does the clunk sound like it is coming from the tops, or lower down in the wheel well area? And are you sure it isn't just the unattached interior pieces moving around back there?

I have your front strut top covers and the rubber plugs that went into the bolt holes. I'll bring them to Reading this weekend.

I can't believe how much difference those new struts make. I am beyond envious. Anyone know if there are still any out there somewhere???
It sounds like it's coming from the tops of the struts. I removed some loose items from the trunk and even drove around yesterday with someone in the back seat, so I don't think it's that. Funny enough, you don't hear it much at highway speeds, but I'm not sure if that's because of engine/tire noise drowning it out.

I also still have to experiment with turning the struts up full-tilt. On the way home they were turned up a bit (mayhaps a little more than 1/4 turn) and it was quite something! I'll be taking it to get an alignment done on Thursday and will ask that they check the subframe bolts and the other bolts we worked on, but I really don't think it's any of those. I'm actually wondering if it's those large rings that went in between the strut and the strut mount.

"Flossie" - 92 black over pearl LS-L (sold)
"Gorgeous George" - 98 Audi A8 (traded)
"Gorgeous Genny" - 02 Audi S8 (sold)
"Green Giant" - 00 Land Rover Disco II
"Grey Wülf" - 05 Volvo S60 R
"Silver Surfer" - 92 black over liquid silver LS-L
"9 of 7" - 97 bordeaux pearl, formerly with Earl Steele