SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2003, 12:32 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Quite surprising

If this is the same CopsodyX that is a member here this is quite surprising.

In the past, the people that have come in here and scammed members through selling parts are new members and only ever post to do the scam. CopsodyX actually has over 200 posts and has been involved in conversations as recently as the end of Feb. Like was mentioned, he is even on the Reading list.

Of course all the trouble this time is on Ebay, not our own For Sale forum, but still, if he is an active member here, that is unusual. And very disappointing. Shame on you!

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...
Old 04-04-2003, 12:02 PM
Member Incognito

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by lhopp77
I also have been ripped off--maybe. I bought the catalytic converters on Ebay and paid by PayPal. I received one message from him, but nothing since. AND have not received the parts. I will give him a couple more days before I take some action.

I have sent Email to both email addresses with no luck.

Lee

SVXx4
Well, I just sent another e-mail to him which follows the three or four I've sent this week and no response. eBay sent me something which essentially says he's no longer a registered eBayer but they can't say what they did to 'im. In otherwords, they said next to nothing. I will try to see if PayPal can get me my money back, which they more than likely won't be able to do. That leaves a nice drive through the country as a last resort. Oh well.

"Flossie" - 92 black over pearl LS-L (sold)
"Gorgeous George" - 98 Audi A8 (traded)
"Gorgeous Genny" - 02 Audi S8 (sold)
"Green Giant" - 00 Land Rover Disco II
"Grey Wülf" - 05 Volvo S60 R
"Silver Surfer" - 92 black over liquid silver LS-L
"9 of 7" - 97 bordeaux pearl, formerly with Earl Steele
Old 04-04-2003, 01:24 PM
The Road Less Traveled

SVXIT,

You know eBay has buyer protection, right?

http://pages.ebay.com/help/community/fpp-guide.html

You'll be out the $25 deductible, plus whatever you paid for shipping. Maximum reimbursement of $200 less $25.

If you paid with your credit card, you could try that route as well.

Good luck.

VK
Old 04-04-2003, 03:50 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Action?

What if we pooled our resources and took collective action against him? I think if we sent him a message informing him of pending action from multiple parties that he may just go ahead and ship the items.

It can be a very serious offense of fraud if you review the items in the posting above.

Lee

SVXx4
Old 04-06-2003, 11:45 AM
Yeah, I'm still around

Bringing this back up

for everyone to see.

Lee,
I'll be PM'ing you some details which may help you tomorrow evening IF I don't hear back from Joseph.

Joseph, do the right thing here. Get in touch with everyone and make good on the sales. If not, legal action will certainly happen.

Todd
Old 04-06-2003, 12:37 PM
check out www.planetsvx.com

this is interesting....

This is the same guy who had some K&B springs on order
with me last yr, remember ? I ended up giving him some
other parts in place of the springs that showed up very late..
He emailed me the other day and said he wrecked his car...
Dg

CLICK the LINK below to Visit the SVX Store:

http://www.planetsvx.com

http://www.motorsportwarehouse.com/svx/sig2.jpg

Cars in the garage:
92 Toyota Soarer Single Turbo JDM RHD
70 Boss 302 Mustang 39k original miles
97 SVX Lsi
92 Liquid Silver Murano-ized (1st of its kind)
71 Cougar Xr7 Conv 351c 4v 4spd
69 SS Camaro 350
71 Nissan RHD Fairlady Z
70 Stang Fastback
70 Amc AMX 390
71 240z
89 Conquest TSi w/ 5.0 v8 swap
84 Mustang GT Turbo conv

"good, if it bleeds, we can kill it ....."
Old 04-06-2003, 02:33 PM
MoodyBlue

Hi, I also puchased an item from this e-Bay seller. The item did FINALLY show up. He charged 15.00 shipping for a sunvisor. When it got here I then saw why it took so long. He sent it USPS, Media Mail actual shipping cost 1.85
Old 04-07-2003, 02:08 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Update

I received an e-mail from Joseph today that my part was shipped on Saturday. I'm cautiously optimistic that he is working to resolve this issue.

How about everyone else? Lee (llhopp), Olu?

Todd
Old 04-07-2003, 02:19 PM
Betcha can't buy just one!
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to ensteele Send a message via Yahoo to ensteele Send a message via Skype™ to ensteele
Registered SVX Classic SVX
I'm not defending him, but shipping and handling is more that just the cost to ship an item. Time, packaging, and freight (cost to ship item) Just something to consider. I know it is hard when you are the receiver, but when you ship something out, it will be easy to relate to.

Subaru Ambassador

[COLOR=”silver”]1992 Tri Color L[/COLOR] ~45K (06/91) #2430
1992 Dark Teal LS-L ~184K (05/91) #0739
1992 Claret LS-L ~196K (05/91) #0831
1992 Pearl LS-L ~103K (06/91) #1680
1992 Pearl LS-L ~151K (06/91) #2229
1992 Dark Teal LS ~150K (07/91) #3098 (parts car)
1992 White LS-L ~139K (08/92) #6913
1993 25th AE ~98K (02/93) #164
1993 25th AE ~58K (02/93) #176
1993 25th AE ~107K (02/93) #215
1993 25th AE ~162K (02/93) #223
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~124K (1/94) #2408
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~144K (10/93) #1484
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~68K (10/93) #1525
1994 Barcelona Red LSi ~46K (02/94) #2624
1994 Pearl LSi ~41K (12/93) #1961
1995 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~70K (02/95) #855
1996 Polo Green LSi ~95K (03/96) #872
1997 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~55K (08/96) #097
2003 Brilliant Red LS1 Convertible ~29K (04/03) #8951
1999 Magnetic Red LS1 Coupe ~33K (04/99) #6420

My Email | Old Locker | New Locker | Picture of 15 of the 19
Old 04-07-2003, 03:02 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
Not Yet

I have not received anything or heard anything. I am still waiting. At least of a couple of days. I do hope he sends it or contacts me to say it is on the way.

Lee

SVXx4
Old 04-08-2003, 09:55 AM
Member Incognito

Registered SVX
Re: Update

Quote:
Originally posted by wawazat??
I received an e-mail from Joseph today that my part was shipped on Saturday. I'm cautiously optimistic that he is working to resolve this issue.

How about everyone else? Lee (llhopp), Olu?

Todd
I haven't recieved any of the parts or gotten an e-mail response since last Friday. Unfortunately, I didn't check in to this thread yesterday and already took action through PayPal to get the charges reversed. They sent back e-mails saying it might take thirty days, but for now I haven't heard a thing from Joseph. If any action is to be taken, I guess let me know and I'll see if I can put a halt to PayPal's investigation. Just let me know how you all want to proceed.

Old 04-08-2003, 10:22 AM

Send a message via AIM to kuoh
That's in violation of postal regulations, but I'm guessing that isn't a matter of concern for him.

KuoH

Quote:
Originally posted by MoodyBlue
He sent it USPS, Media Mail actual shipping cost 1.85
Old 04-08-2003, 11:46 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
Still Waiting

I am still waiting to give him a chance to ship the items.

Just another piece of info if anyone is interested--besides the email addressed listed elsewhere here is his name and address below:

Joseph McMahon
35 Earl Ave
Northport, NW 11768

Lee

SVXx4
Old 04-09-2003, 12:42 AM
CopsodyX

YIKES!!!!!

Oh god people...i'm really truly HORRIBLY so sorry about this...

Here's the deal.

I bought a Teal 1992 SVX off eBay a couple of months ago to get the engine from it, as my claret engine would burn ALL its oil in a tank full of gas. I got it for $1,200. I picked up the car, and it was in much better shape then I expected...although not good enough to be my main SVX, and I hated the color. I had the engine moved to my claret SVX, and decided to list all the good parts on eBay. I did, and planned to take them off as the auctions were won.

When I picked up the claret SVX with the newly swapped engine, I took it for a drive. It was raining. I was doing about 60 on the Northern State Pkwy in LI NY. All of a sudden, there was a thud, and the car did a tail slide to the right, sending the front of the car into a concrete divider. The car hit, I think I lost consiousness, but my passenger didn't. He said that it continued to spin, then the car hit another tree at about 30. I don't remember this consecutively...I just remember a burning smell and stepping out of the car.

I went to the hospital and I wasn't hurt too bad, all considering. I went home, and had to take vikodin for the pain. My neck was really bad. The auctions ended, but I was unable to strip the teal car because I really couldn't move all too well. I called my friend Jeff, asked him to take care of it all, and he had the car towed to his house and got my eBay information. After a few days, he paid me all the money that he said was paid for the parts. I asked him to keep the car a little while longer, and he agreed. I thought the situation was done with, until I read an email from someone about a part a few days ago, just when I was getting better. But I never put that part up for auction, and I didn't check my email for 3 weeks or so. I called Jeff, and he hung up on me. I checked my PayPal account, and it seems a lot of money was transferred to HIS bank account. Also looking through my emails, I found that my ebay registration was suspended, PayPal has taken back $1400 from my bank account, and people want parts that I never put up for auction.

I got the teal car back, and talked to jeffs girl friend. Most of the parts are still on the car, and i'm generally 100...well, maybe 95% recovered, and will being removing the remainder of the parts that people paid for. I just need everyone that bought something from "me" to email me how much they paid, and what exactly they ordered, and I will either refund you out of my own pocket, or send the item to you, within 2 weeks. I have good ebay feedback on my main ebay name, CopsodyX. I just thought it would be better to start a new ebay name to deal exclusively with cars, although that was obviously a horrible mistake.

Again, i'm so sorry about all this, and i'm sorry I didn't respond to any emails from all of you. And I promise that after everyone is satisfied, I will take care of Jeff.

I'm really horribly sorry...man...i'm so sorry.
Old 04-09-2003, 11:16 AM
Member Incognito

Registered SVX
Re: YIKES!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by CopsodyX
Oh god people...i'm really truly HORRIBLY so sorry about this...

Here's the deal.

I bought a Teal 1992 SVX off eBay a couple of months ago to get the engine from it, as my claret engine would burn ALL its oil in a tank full of gas. I got it for $1,200. I picked up the car, and it was in much better shape then I expected...although not good enough to be my main SVX, and I hated the color. I had the engine moved to my claret SVX, and decided to list all the good parts on eBay. I did, and planned to take them off as the auctions were won.

When I picked up the claret SVX with the newly swapped engine, I took it for a drive. It was raining. I was doing about 60 on the Northern State Pkwy in LI NY. All of a sudden, there was a thud, and the car did a tail slide to the right, sending the front of the car into a concrete divider. The car hit, I think I lost consiousness, but my passenger didn't. He said that it continued to spin, then the car hit another tree at about 30. I don't remember this consecutively...I just remember a burning smell and stepping out of the car.

I went to the hospital and I wasn't hurt too bad, all considering. I went home, and had to take vikodin for the pain. My neck was really bad. The auctions ended, but I was unable to strip the teal car because I really couldn't move all too well. I called my friend Jeff, asked him to take care of it all, and he had the car towed to his house and got my eBay information. After a few days, he paid me all the money that he said was paid for the parts. I asked him to keep the car a little while longer, and he agreed. I thought the situation was done with, until I read an email from someone about a part a few days ago, just when I was getting better. But I never put that part up for auction, and I didn't check my email for 3 weeks or so. I called Jeff, and he hung up on me. I checked my PayPal account, and it seems a lot of money was transferred to HIS bank account. Also looking through my emails, I found that my ebay registration was suspended, PayPal has taken back $1400 from my bank account, and people want parts that I never put up for auction.

I got the teal car back, and talked to jeffs girl friend. Most of the parts are still on the car, and i'm generally 100...well, maybe 95% recovered, and will being removing the remainder of the parts that people paid for. I just need everyone that bought something from "me" to email me how much they paid, and what exactly they ordered, and I will either refund you out of my own pocket, or send the item to you, within 2 weeks. I have good ebay feedback on my main ebay name, CopsodyX. I just thought it would be better to start a new ebay name to deal exclusively with cars, although that was obviously a horrible mistake.

Again, i'm so sorry about all this, and i'm sorry I didn't respond to any emails from all of you. And I promise that after everyone is satisfied, I will take care of Jeff.

I'm really horribly sorry...man...i'm so sorry.
Wow, this is a real trainwreck here, idn't it? Are you still planning on coming to Reading? If so, there will be several of us there that have paid for parts. You could dole them out and (from my end) there would be no hard feelings. I paid for an alternator and a mass airflow/airbox, but will e-mail this info to you as well.