Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Other Mods
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 11:04 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Jesse,
So are you saying that the 1/4" plate that's welded on Mychailo's plate is just raised up 1/4" at it's back end (the front end being welded to the mounting plate)?
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 09-03-2005, 01:38 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Ok, just actually looked at the mount and the bracket today... Definately don't line up... Am I using one on the holes as a base and grinding the other, or am I centering it in the bracket?? I got the washers down and know what else to do but am I grind both holes on the bracket or should I leave one and grind the other? If so which side am I grinding??? I do not have a spare stock mount and I wanna have the new ones ready before I rip my old ones out

Tom
Old 09-03-2005, 11:59 AM
Superbeast

Tom grind them both evenly inward along the whole length of the slot, that way they kinda center them selves.

No Bill the whole plate raises up 1/4" up to support the center part of the mount where the studs are.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 09-04-2005, 12:28 AM
Maniac modifier

I have the mounts bolted up to the brackets and ready to go in the car tomorrow. Jesse, did you put your's in yet or are you just wating for a good time? Anyway I will let you know how the install goes once I am finished...hey Bill, did ya finish yet??? BTW for anyone interested I may be going twin turbo... the turbos on my bro's car survived the fire Just a thought right now, I would probobly go RWD w/ the Z trans if I did go that route.

Tom
Old 09-04-2005, 11:04 AM
Superbeast

Yeah , I put them in on the same night Tom. I kinda needed them.

So how exactly is yuor brother gonna make any money off this car?

Old 09-04-2005, 06:07 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
I have the mounts bolted up to the brackets and ready to go in the car tomorrow. Jesse, did you put your's in yet or are you just wating for a good time? Anyway I will let you know how the install goes once I am finished...hey Bill, did ya finish yet??? BTW for anyone interested I may be going twin turbo... the turbos on my bro's car survived the fire Just a thought right now, I would probobly go RWD w/ the Z trans if I did go that route.

Tom
Tom,
Nope, not yet... I got the mounts on Friday....was racing all afternoon today at FedEX!
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
My Locker
Old 09-04-2005, 07:42 PM
Maniac modifier

I will be buying the parts. I am getting the monza exhaust for free for all of the help I have given him with this whole fiasco. I will give him $300 for the wheels. I am thinking of giving him 250 for the turbos... I knwo they are in good working condition. Not to mention he has some sick downpipes for them too. As for the trans... screw it, I will keep blowing up 5mt's until i finally go for the 6mt whenver the heck that happens. I am now on the search for a good Z32 MAF and saving money to buy the stage 3v4 or v5 whenever that comes out . I also need to get in touch with SVXtacy to see about what system he is using for the remote injector control, I will probobly go with a similar setup. I will go into a better discusion for plans in the Z32 thread....

Tom
Old 09-05-2005, 04:06 PM
Maniac modifier

Well, finally got time today to get my mounts in. The fab for the brackets was easy the second time around but there was quite a bit of grind and checking and then more grinding the first time. The mounting of them took longer than the fab work... I could not get to the rear mounting bolts for the life of me. Then once I began the reinstall of the new mounts, I could not get a socket on the middle bolt so I needed to use a wrench and turn it like 1/32'' each time... Anyway it took a while but it was well worth it, there is close to no engine rock right now. I am taking apart one of my old mounts as an experiment. I found that my driver's side mount was torn and slowly leaking oil. It was good timing to get new ones, I did not even know one was bad.

Tom
Old 09-05-2005, 04:27 PM
Superbeast

Yeah there is that about the bolts. The rear ones are not to hard to get to, I had to loosen them and retighen them with a wrench but then I could take them out the rest of the way with a quarter inch drive swivel and extension. The middle one is almost impossible to tighen with the new mount in, I got it pretty tight with the 1/4" drive set up I had.

Old 09-05-2005, 04:57 PM
Maniac modifier

Well i was able to get a ratchet and socket on the rear ones, just a lot of cuts on my arms now The middle one next to impossible but with a wrench and some patience I got it tight

Tom
Old 09-05-2005, 05:12 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
Well, finally got time today to get my mounts in. The fab for the brackets was easy the second time around but there was quite a bit of grind and checking and then more grinding the first time. The mounting of them took longer than the fab work... I could not get to the rear mounting bolts for the life of me. Then once I began the reinstall of the new mounts, I could not get a socket on the middle bolt so I needed to use a wrench and turn it like 1/32'' each time... Anyway it took a while but it was well worth it, there is close to no engine rock right now. I am taking apart one of my old mounts as an experiment. I found that my driver's side mount was torn and slowly leaking oil. It was good timing to get new ones, I did not even know one was bad.

Tom
Tom,

Can you take some pics of the motor mounts installed on your car? Congrats on firming up your ride even more!

1.9 60ft times should happen at the dragstrip!

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 09-05-2005, 06:59 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Tom,
Ditto on Chike's Pics request Did the washer stack basically raise the outer edge by 1/4 of an inch?
-Bill

My Locker

Last edited by SVXRide; 09-05-2005 at 07:01 PM.
Old 09-05-2005, 07:58 PM
Maniac modifier

I would take pics but was too lazy to go buy batteries for the camera. It is basically the same as Mychailo's pics minues the welded plate, it has 3 wahers hold it 1/4" higher. Don't forget to grind down the edges of the bracket so the mount will clear, I was scratching my head at first but then realized what I needed to do. I used a cutting wheel to take the edges offas it made things move along much easier

Tom
Old 09-18-2005, 09:03 AM
Maniac modifier

Well Chike had batteries for his camera at ripken field autoX and took a pic of my pass side motor mount

Tom
Old 09-18-2005, 09:37 AM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Tom,
Did Chike take one that was actually in focus?
I can't tell from the photo where the washers are....anyway you can work with Chike to annotate a picture to point out where the washers are?
Thanks.
Hey, good seeing you again at Ripken! Keep at the autocrossing, your times will come down!
-Bill

My Locker