Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 08-01-2018, 10:00 AM
Grand Poo-Bah

Send a message via AIM to halistan Send a message via MSN to halistan Send a message via Yahoo to halistan
Registered SVX
Does anyone know how to reach LAN? Hydra/TCU issues

I am still having issues getting the Hydra to work with my transmission. I had AWD Tuning install the Hydra, and the engine is running well but it won't shift out of first. If i go back to my old ECU, it shifts fine so the TCU must be looking for some signal from the ECU that its not getting and I need to figure out what it is missing.

Since Mike (longassname) has so much experience with both the ECU and TCU, i was hoping he would have some insight into this. If anyone knows how to reach him, please let me know. Thanks!!
All new and improved custom built engine with forged internals, lowered compression, upgraded cams and a stage III supercharger. AMR Engineering struts, Custom exhaust --All 3 Subaru cats removed, and replaced with 2 high flow mustang cats-- Cross-drilled & Slotted rotors, steel braided brake lines, bypassed stock Tranny cooler replaced with aftermarket B&M super-cooler, and a K&N drop in air filter.
Old 08-02-2018, 01:57 PM
Grand Poo-Bah

Send a message via AIM to halistan Send a message via MSN to halistan Send a message via Yahoo to halistan
Registered SVX
Re: Does anyone know how to reach LAN? Hydra/TCU issues

I got in touch with him. Thanks everyone!
All new and improved custom built engine with forged internals, lowered compression, upgraded cams and a stage III supercharger. AMR Engineering struts, Custom exhaust --All 3 Subaru cats removed, and replaced with 2 high flow mustang cats-- Cross-drilled & Slotted rotors, steel braided brake lines, bypassed stock Tranny cooler replaced with aftermarket B&M super-cooler, and a K&N drop in air filter.
Old 08-02-2018, 10:20 PM

Registered SVX

What did he say about your problem
Old 08-03-2018, 06:29 AM
Happy SVX
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

This is interesting, I think most of the hydra people had manual swaps, so I wonder if it ever came up before.
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007
Old 08-05-2018, 06:24 AM
Its a Classic!

I'm also curious as to the solution
STi BBS wheels,legacy gt 4.44, 3" catback exhaust, Stance GR+ 7k/5k, QS Teflon adjustable endlinks, Hankook EVO 245/40/17, 95-LS escaine seats, GC8 V7 steering wheel, JDM clear corners, small car clear lenses, Alcyone badge, JDM rear taillight, 97 grille, stevesby bumper, PWR radiator, Perrin Crank pulley, Urethane Swaybar bushings, urethane diff bushings, DDM 6k 55watt lows and 4500k 35watt fog lights; $15/15min mod, Motorsport whs 22mm rear swaybar, QC shift kit, ToMyx intake, z32 aluminum calipers 13" rotors, nitrous express proton + wet kit.
Old 08-07-2018, 10:54 AM
Grand Poo-Bah

Registered SVX

I haven't resolved it yet. I'm going to PRT performance after work to talk to Steve about it but this is what Mike replied with:

Hey Ray,
Yes, the TCU shifts according to vehicle speed & throttle position.
Both vehicle speed sensors are on the transmission.
Vss1 is the main sensor and is on the extension housing.
Vss2 mainly drives the speedometer and is on the bell housing.
I imagine you messed up the throttle position sensor signal.
Old 08-08-2018, 09:28 AM
Grand Poo-Bah

Registered SVX

UPDATE

I went to PRT Performance last night and did some diagnostic testing with them and long story short, the Hydra doesn't seem to be putting 5 volts to the TPS like it should. It only sends .5volts.

When we connected the OEM ECU, the harness showed 5 volts so we know that it's the Hydra, or the wiring harness for the Hydra. I'm going to reach out to Phil and see what we can do.
Old 08-08-2018, 11:04 PM

Registered SVX

Thats good to know I have a hydra in mine and its not running need to put new motor in it
Old 08-13-2018, 12:10 PM
Grand Poo-Bah

Registered SVX

So when i got the Hydra uninstalled I was looking over the harness and there were 2 wires coming from the SVX side that were not connected to anything on the Hydra side of the harness. I looked them up and one was the TPS ground wire, and the other was labeled "Shield"

Tonight i am going to splice those wires into the spots where they belong and try plugging everything back in. Wish me luck!
Old 08-13-2018, 12:23 PM
eg33svx95

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by halistan View Post
So when i got the Hydra uninstalled I was looking over the harness and there were 2 wires coming from the SVX side that were not connected to anything on the Hydra side of the harness. I looked them up and one was the TPS ground wire, and the other was labeled "Shield"

Tonight i am going to splice those wires into the spots where they belong and try plugging everything back in. Wish me luck!
Ray,

Make sure you splice the ground to sensor ground, if you have that specific pin available. If sensor ground is not an option make sure you don't ground it with other ignition grounds to prevent "noise/interference/ground loops". I would ground the "shield" to the body close to the Hydra. You should have a handful of other "shield" wires coming from crank/cam sensors. Where are those pinned to?

-Sam L.
Brilliant Red 95 SVX L AWD 149K miles - #904/1801, 08 STI 6MT with DCCD & VSS, ACT SB10 HDSS, 6MT bushings, DW200 Fuel pump, 17x7.5 VX-SCYTHE Wheels, 17x8 BBS STI Wheels,PERRIN CRANK PULLEY, 911 Turbo oil filter,$15/15min MOD & $20/20min Mod, Brontrager WORKS 22mm RSB w/ QS component endlinks, SS Brake Lines, DDM TUNING 6000K HID LOWS, Hella Optilux Extreme Yellow Fog Lights,Window scratcher fix, JDM Clear Corners

My Locker