How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-27-2002, 08:21 PM
Alcyone SVX LSL

My new page

Today I spent a little time messing around to build a new site.
Yes i was bored

My Site

Let me know what you think.
Old 12-27-2002, 08:28 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Not a bad start. My suggestion is to work with it so that you don't have to scroll sideways on your RC page.

I hate popup ads
Old 12-27-2002, 08:53 PM
Alcyone SVX LSL

I have been working on the R/C page. I think i got it looking better.
Old 12-27-2002, 09:31 PM

I like it.

I try to cruise through everybodies home page if I can.

I've been working on one myself - about time I started to understand a bit of web stuff since I spend so much time there. Changed it around a bit lately in hopes of using the digital camera Santa brought me (thank you my lovely wife). Used to have to many things on one page, trying to break it up for speed of loading - sometimes hard to tell with a cable modem.

here's mine if interested: http://home.cfl.rr.com/lbridges
Old 12-27-2002, 10:01 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I noticed my site linked on your page there lee. Thanks
Old 12-28-2002, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MT maniac
I have been working on the R/C page. I think i got it looking better.
how come no SVX bodies on the R/C page? just kidding, but it would be cool to see one race around - do you think the transmission would go out on it too

How did the waterfall/stream pic get in there?
Old 12-28-2002, 08:40 AM
Alcyone SVX LSL

the water fall pics got in there cause i needed something on the page to make it look right. that is just a good old WV pic hehe.
Old 12-29-2002, 08:02 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Nice R/C's Leslie! A couple of questions, though...

How come the one truck does 35mph with the .21 engine but only 30mph with the .40? That's twice the displacement! It should be able to pull taller gears than the .21, or is there that much a difference in the RPM's that each engine can make?

Also, I noticed a ton of toe out on your trucks. Doesn't that make them very twitchy at high speeds like that? I would have thought that toe in would be lots more stable.

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 12-29-2002, 10:22 AM
Alcyone SVX LSL

The .40 has less hp and more torque. It is a great climbin truck, i keep my gearing stock so i can have some serious power at the wheels. The .40 does have a lower top RPM also.
I have all my toe adjusted to keep highest possible control on normal street use for the TC, the trucks are perfect on the grass and dirt how they are set up also another thing those pics of the big truck were taken with the wheels just on the hubs and no nuts holding them on, i keep all the cars off the ground to let the suspension relax while they are not running.
Old 12-29-2002, 11:05 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
That makes sense. My old Tamiya BlackFoot used to hang toe out when the suspension was uncompressed too. I forgot all about that. I always wanted a street nitro that could do 60mph. That is so cool! Have you ever tried driving down the highway with the RC car alongside of you at that speed?

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 12-29-2002, 11:21 AM
Alcyone SVX LSL

I havent tried that and i never will. I baby these things cause all of them total would be worth more then my SVX

This is how the MP normaly sits:

Last edited by Alcyone SVX LSL; 12-29-2002 at 11:35 AM.
Old 12-29-2002, 05:23 PM
$VX

Alright, please, before I criticize your page a little, remember its constructive, and that once you change them I can't complain. But I like your pictures, so we're off to a positive start.

1. I hate banners.
2. I hate popup windows more than banners.
3. Lots of spelling and grammatical mistakes, I'll point em out so you can fix 'em.

"I own a '92 LS-L Subaru SVX. The car is Ebony Mica on th exterior, And has grey leather on the interior. It has the 230 hp H-6 3.3L EG33 engine and a 4-speed automatic transmission. The car is a AWD model that performs very well on snow and wet roads. I bought the car in a trashed condition and have been working on it to make it more like new."

Alright, ... The car is Ebony Mica on THE exterior, and (lowercase) grey leather on the interior (you don't need the 'has'). The car is AN awd model (an, not A).

The NX page: Its STEREO, not Sterio. Weird car. I like it except for the taillights. Neat!

Cool R/C cars!

Anyway, one final suggestion: More info! I'd like to hear more about everything, it's more interesting to read! Ex: Where you bought your cars, etc.

- Rob
Old 12-29-2002, 06:05 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Rob,

he is using a free service so the banners and pop-ups will be there. He can't help it.

L
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 12-29-2002, 06:30 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Les,

Very nice site, keep up the good work.
Can you make an RC model of an SVX ? I'll bet that you could sell them for $75 - $100 apiece.

PS: Cash/Rob, I find it very funny that you are correcting someone else's spelling, punctuation and grammar. Welcome to the, "Old Fart's Club."

Larry III (Old Fart #1)

Last edited by LarryIII; 12-29-2002 at 06:32 PM.
Old 12-29-2002, 06:44 PM
Alcyone SVX LSL

Quote:
Originally posted by $VX

The NX page: Weird car. I like it except for the taillights. Neat!

- Rob
Cool thing is this is i believe the only car that came with tail lights like that stock.
Ok since you picked i have to back...you said you knew what a NX was and now you seem as if you have never seen one, see you must know a little about things before you post too.
I dont mind your help, in fact i take that as help i will fix them, i typed everything up in like 10 min for the whole site.
I would love to figure out a way to make a SVX body.
Sorry about the popups guys...

If i can find a way to build the SVX body i will do them and sell you all an electric model that would do about 40mph.