Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-20-2002, 12:46 PM
Alcyone SVX LSL

Exclamation Group buy- ROTORS

Are you tired of warped rotors yet?
Well i have the solution...I have been talking to iROTORS and they will give us the best deal possible. I will be getting a 10% discount on them at least, if i have lots of people wanting them i can get us even a better deal. The 10% off means you can get all four rotors for $233.10 + shipping. ($59 each)
If you are interested please:
-Tell if you want front, rear, or the set(4).
-Tell if you want them as: cross drilled and slotted, cross drilled only, slotted only, or blanks.

The way it will be set up is that you can send me money orders and i will make one large sum out to iROTORS, they will then ship your set to you directly. I will make up an online contract if you wish to make it a deal and not scam any of you.

I am planing on making the order after Jan. 1st 2003, so please let me know within the next 2 weeks or so and i will have everything organized with iROTORS.

I would suggest all four and have them slotted only, to my knowledge this is the best set up for our cars.

iROTORS page:
http://www.irotors.com/products/15-10.shtml

Last edited by Alcyone SVX LSL; 12-20-2002 at 12:56 PM.
Old 12-20-2002, 03:20 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Stevebsy Send a message via Yahoo to Stevebsy
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Hmmmm

Have to see if Santa leaves me a little something under the tree....if so I think I'd be in.

Custom Oil Caps, Battery Bars, Phenolic Spacers for sale here:
http://www.x35design.com
Old 12-20-2002, 06:48 PM
Alcyone SVX LSL

I am getting more information from iROTORS as far as the material used and if they are coated and such..... I will keep you all informed as to what will be going on.
Old 12-20-2002, 10:38 PM
swtsu

This sounds like a good deal to me. Count me in on a complete set...............slotted only or whatever is recommended for our cars. Just let me know when.
Old 12-21-2002, 05:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to want-a-fast-svx
im down

count me in i need to replace the rotors on her...its about time let me when you need the money and how long everything will take...
Old 12-21-2002, 05:46 PM
Alcyone SVX LSL

I have you both down.

-Want-a-fast-svx....What kind? slotted?
Old 12-21-2002, 07:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to want-a-fast-svx
slotted

I believe ill be going with the slotted...Isnt that what the general consensus of the board has come up with???I thought i remeber reading that the drilled were cracking and breaking???could be wrong though...So yes i want slotted only
Old 12-21-2002, 07:18 PM
Alcyone SVX LSL

Re: slotted

Quote:
Originally posted by want-a-fast-svx
I believe ill be going with the slotted...Isnt that what the general consensus of the board has come up with???I thought i remeber reading that the drilled were cracking and breaking???could be wrong though...So yes i want slotted only
That is what i have heard, i am going with the slotted....
Old 12-21-2002, 10:16 PM
Fighting with electricity

Send a message via AIM to SVX10 Send a message via Yahoo to SVX10
OK...I'll have to thank Ultra for this. Owing to his purchase of my powerchip, I will go for 4 slotted (pending info on the material and finish)
92 SVX LS-L - Ebony Pearl - 2002 WRX 5MT trans w/STi gearset (rebuilt & installed myself ) - BMW E46 HID retrofit - Kenwood Headunit - Phoenix Gold 75x4 RMS amp - Alpine Type R 6.5" front components - Alpine Type R 6x9 3way rear speakers - 18"x9" Rota G-Force wheels w/225/40ZR18 Toyo T1R's - Mychailo's custom springs - Urethane front & rear sway bar bushings - KC exhaust (2.5" dual magnaflow) - Escaine seat swap - Removed Spoiler

I don't care if Subaru says it's STI...it will always be STi to me
Old 12-22-2002, 08:37 AM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
I just wanna toss this out there for those of you that may have missed a post here or there. Drilled rotors will crack - eventually. I can't say it will happen today, tomorrow or next year, it's just the nature of the beast. I'd bet on somewhere in the future rather than this year. How you drive is a huge determining factor also.

I have slotted rotors. Seat of the pants info tells me they work better in wet conditions than standard finish rotors. I haven't noticed any other benefits, but I drive well ahead of the end of my nose and don't use my brakes that much. One trait they definitely exhibit is noise and they do create a slight buzzing vibration with each stop. Similar to a pick-up truck with mudders. Naturally the harder you mash the pedal, the more pronounced the noise/vib. Barely perceptible with the most light braking, sounds like a 747 crawling up your tailpipe on a macadam road under heavy usage. I've read somewhere here that the effects begin to dwindle after 20k or so, I've only had mine on for a couple thou.

I'm not trying to talk anyone into or out of them, just offering my assessment, for whatever that's worth.
Old 12-22-2002, 09:57 AM
Hater

Beav's right about the drilled rotors - they can crack, unless the holes are cast into the rotor like Porsche rotors. drilled rotors are for racing, where they are probably changed after every race. now they are mainly used to look cool.
i've had the ART slotted rotors for a few thousand miles, but don't notice any buzzing or vibration - they are a DEFINITE improvement to the stock ones.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 12-22-2002, 10:49 AM
Alcyone SVX LSL

Thank you Beav, that was what i thought was the case with drilled rotors...
Old 12-23-2002, 11:13 AM
swtsu

Beav,

Concerning the noise/vibration coming from your slotted brake rotors...........what kind of rotor is it and what kind of pads are you using? Maybe the pad isn't compatible with the rotor? Or vice versa. Just wondering as I think whatever you are using I'll stay away from.
Old 12-23-2002, 02:58 PM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
thanks beav......

I remembered that just about the same time I saw your post.......
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Old 12-23-2002, 07:45 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Zeppelin Send a message via AIM to Zeppelin Send a message via Yahoo to Zeppelin
Hey Leslie, put me down for 4 drilled and slotted please.. And if the offer cryo treating or plating, put me down for that too.. Thanks!

http://stickyvinylgraphics.com/